Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Tantrika]
    #24285210 -

Ya sheekles up there spittin "facts" and "statstics"  I was saving the st Bernard in cujo correction.  It's sad people will have experiences that wake them up, and realize people lie about things like statistics, and violence, to push a shitty agenda and have control, and not apply this wisdom.

A good friend of mine had a rott only he could touch, and my ex had a rott that mauled both my dogs playing outside for no reason. 

Rotts are commonly used as attack dogs, and were bred for that specifically at one time, which is why they got their bad rap.  They can also be sweet and loving animals if you didn't used to hop trains with them neglecting them.

The bigger the dog, the harder to tame as it grows.  If you have a large vicious dog, putting your hand on it's neck to hold it to the ground can get you bit, and hitting a dog is pointless and counter productive.

I've worked with:

St Bernards
Beagles
Poodles both full size and mini
Weimaranars
Pomeranian
Aredale
German shepherd
rottweilers
Labradors gold, chocolate, and black ( you can't hate a lab, if you do you probably just hate dogs )
Chihuahua's
Pitbulls red nosed and blue
and quite a few mutts.


The meanest one I have dealt with too date is the pomeranian. 

Even the guy who had a vicious rott ( not the one that lived with me, shit all over my house, and attacked my dogs ) I ended up petting it before he had to put it down for attacking his dad.

Knowing their backround helps, and understanding their breed is a must.

If you have any domesticated dog from 12 weeks, you have no excuse for any of it's behavior other than you.  The owner is fully responsible for any of the dogs actions through out it's entire life.  Of course you can rescue and foster dogs, and they aren't going to turn out the best right when you get em home...but every dog will calm down with the right tactics and love. 


Unless it has rabies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Tantrika]
    #24285219 -

Quote:
It is really interesting to me that Chow-chows are on that list



Somewhere along the lines these dogs got a bad rap for turning on their owners with age.  I have never in my life had a dog turn on me, or anyone in my family, and my family has had a lot of dogs.

I won't believe anything I hear about dogs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: vandago]
    #24285295 -

It's not "sad" that people accept that a lot of pitbulls are assholes.


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24285311 -

No, a lot of people that own pitbulls are assholes. 

Dogs can be blamed for certain traits in their personality, but none of them come out vicious.

Pit bulls don't lock their jaw.  It's propaganda.  Look it up. It was a tactic for scum bags to push them harder in the dog fighting industry. 

I don't know how I could forget about shar pei's.  My sharp was one of my favorite dogs ever.  They are also bred to fight a lot because the wrinkles on them are like armor in a dog fight.

Have you ever owned a dog? You are so ignorant that yes, it is sad.  Misinformation is a great way to live in fear, by all means. 

You should watch "One Nation Under Dog"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: vandago]
    #24285321 -

This is a very emotionally-nuetral thread. Nothing is sad, not even how serious you're getting over all of this.

I never said, or cared, about whether pitbulls can lock their jaw or not whatever that means.

Pitbulls are assholes, pitbull owners can be assholes. Not all pitbulls are assholes, just a lot of them.


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24285339 -

It has nothing to do with the breed.  The misconception that any one breed is prone to be more vicious than the next, is in fact sad.  It's leading to more of them being shot, and left in kill shelters where they literally gas them like jews in WW2.  They are given a bad rap, sold to thugs, get their ears clipped specifically to fight, the submissive ones are used as bait dogs and viciously mauled so the dominant ones can have the taste of dog blood in their mouth.

It's why when rehoming any pet you should charge a rehoming fee, and with a pitbull a backround check on the person should be done.  And people like you, with the best intent, should educate yourself and help with a huge problem that humanity has created, and that's overpopulation of over bred and misconceived animals, and if you can't do that, then STFU because you are ignorant as fuck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24285344 -

Are african americans more prone to rape?  You are like the Nixon of dog breeds.  So obviously those made up statistics are true too right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: vandago]
    #24285362 -

I gave a great solution to the over-breeding of pitbulls. Didn't you see where I mentioned multiple times to make it so they can't breed anymore?


Yes, Africans are more prone to rape - whether by nurture or nature is up for debate but it's how it is. Pretty well-known thing. Hookers wouldn't be so afraid of them if that wasn't the case.

I think you just like pretending that all statistics are made up whenever you want to be right about something. You should try taking a chillax people every once in a while.


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24285392 -

No, you should try actually researching something. You're a fucking idiot, and it's fucking idiots like you spewing misinformation about crap you quite obviously know nothing about, that's perpetuating the problem.  African Americans are not more prone to rape :facepalm:

Goddamn man. How do you not comprehend that it's not as simple as "don't breed them".  Yes I am passionate about animals because I have healthed some beaten dogs back to life, had to call dog wardens on people, and detest animal abuse. Therefore I detest when a moron ( who isn't really a moron, he just chooses ignorance to justify spreading dumbass bullshit ) steps up and debates an issue he knows nothing about.

I work with shelters, I help in real life and online.  These false statements made towrds pitbulls causes not only people to avoid adopting them, but for cops to shoot them, because thugs seek them out.  Is it ok for the crack dealing dog fighter to not do research and show humility?

Pitbulls will not stop being bred. They are strong protective family dogs, just as much as they are fighters.  The fact there is statistics saying they are to blame for more than half of dog attacks, is only due to ignorance and fear.

You keep saying bullshit, and tell me I'm negating bullshit just because I want to be right?  No sheeks.  It's because I am right.  You can't sit in your moms basement burying cats and tell me anything about dogs when you are wrong, without getting a passionate response not only to tell you that you are wrong, but why it's so dangerous to be wrong about such things.

Sheekle said:
Yes, Africans are more prone to rape - whether by nurture or nature is up for debate but it's how it is. Pretty well-known thing. Hookers wouldn't be so afraid of them if that wasn't the case.





I'm out of this thread.  I'm glad you showed where you stand.

Goddamn white people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: vandago]
    #24285398 -

Word, better luck in the next thread.


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: vandago] * 1
    #24285427 -

vandago said:
It has nothing to do with the breed.  The misconception that any one breed is prone to be more vicious than the next, is in fact sad.



Do you believe that breed has no relationship to behavior at all, or is viciousness a special case for some reason? Is it also a misconception that one dog breed can be genetically predisposed to be better than another at, say, herding sheep?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: psi]
    #24285468 -

Ya, a pitbulls strength can lead it it be used as a fighting dog,  but they can also be hunting dogs or sheep dogs.  All dogs can be trained to do things, and they all have instincts.  Weimaranars were bred to hunt big game like bears and wolves, and now are commonly used for bird hunting, or just a family dog.  It is in their nature to want to be close to their owner at all times, and get rewarded with a warm cozy nap by the fire.

Does this mean all weim owners have a bird dog?  No.  My weim has never once caught a bird, but he used to keep his head up to their tweets at all times.  I trained him for other purposes.  He hunts mushrooms now, and is damn good at it.

If you have a dog that comes out vicious, that's not a domesticated animal, you have to domesticate it, just like you do when someone gives them the taste of blood and fights them.

The same thing was said about german shepherds at one time, oh evil, and rotts, oh evil.  Rotts don't get fought nearly as much and used for protection because pits now have that rap. 

A breed does have some relationship to it's personality, but not it's behavior. The human teaches the dog how to behave, and if the human teaches it to be mean, that's what it will do.  All animals have to be worked with, ALL OF THEM, if we keep them in captivity. All dogs have a mouth full of pointy teeth and can maul your ass, like I said, even my pomerananian has been so aggressive I almost couldn't do it.  You know what made me keep him? Was all the fucking idiots that would see how problematic he was and say stupid ass shit like "I would kick that dog across the yard" "I would drop that dog off on a dirt road" etc and it's idiots like that. That are. Perpetuating this problem.  This isn't a hard thing to understand.  There's no "Lets just not have them anymore" while you spew off stuff you heard.  Pure ignorance.  There's very few things I'm passionate about.  Animals are one of them.  We can sit here for days and grudgingly debate this, but I'm assuring you that all of the bullshit revolving any dog, any of the problems, were solely created by a dumbass/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: vandago]
    #24285483 -

That does seem like a fairly well thought out position, though I still think "it has nothing to do with the breed" is overstating things.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: psi]
    #24285492 -

The killer seeks out a killer.  The puppy does not wish to be born in a puppy mill and sold to a dog fighter.

The reason the numbers stand behind pitbulls brutal instances, is because dog fighters seek them out to commit heinous acts. It's not the dogs fault that it was raised on partially a cannibal diet, it's not the dogs fault it was chained up and starved for days before it got put into a cage with a submissive dog, of the same breed more times than not, and forced to kill it for a steak.  There are just as many submissive pits, as there are alphas, and how an alpha pit acts, is up to humans.  It just wants to play until someone teaches it otherwise.

Have you ever seen a vicious puppy before? Of any breed? 

How the problem is dealt with is up to all people, but you can't eliminate the breed at this point.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: vandago]
    #24285516 -

You raise some good points Vandago.

I do wonder why you say we can't just not let the breed reproduce though? Doesn't seem like it'd be a particularly big deal to make it so they can't reproduce anymore.


I guess with all the points you're bringing up it really might be more nurture than nature after all and I was wrong.


Or maybe it really is just nature. I don't care a great deal either way. I think it's definitely a mixture of both at the least though. Especially considering that the entire reason pitbulls exist is because they were bred for the purpose of dog-fighting.


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: vandago] * 1
    #24285531 -

vandago said:
Have you ever seen a vicious puppy before? Of any breed?



Most animals are pretty harmless as babies. Dogs are just wolves that were selected over time for behavioral and other traits. A wolf puppy is adorable as all fuck but I wouldn't trust a grown wolf or wolf cross with my kids regardless of training regimen, even if it seemed to be well trained.

The same goes for supposedly tamed big cats and so on, everything can apparently be done right in their training and they can still just snap someday and it all goes to hell. Breeding out antisocial behavioral traits from wild animals takes a determined effort over many generations. If instead a breed of domestic animal was developed with the goal of encouraging antisocial traits, I don't believe that can be compensated for 100% reliably with just training.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24285572 -

I think it's more in a pitbulls nature to be an alpha dog, and therefore easier to train to actually kill another animal, or to attack for you, over a submissive dog.  Some pitbulls are submissive, but a lot of them want to lead the pack. 

The reason we can't stop breeding them, is if they were to put a blanket ban on them, it would be like banning abortions.  The people that ignored the ban, health would be of little concern to the person profiting, and then you'd have puppy mills even more than you do, and you'd have them with an even bigger group wanting to seek them out just for status.  Also, the Amish.  The Amish in my area are well known for their backyard breeding, and a lot of laws don't apply to them the same, or they get away with more because of how much harder it is to monitor them.  There's so many amish mills around here it's gross.  With over breeding, and heavy inbreeding, of anything, you are going to start running into unhealthy animals. 

Quote:
The American Pit Bull Terrier - recognized by the United Kennel Club (UKC) and the American Dog Breeders' Association (ADBA) The American Staffordshire Terrier - recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC) The Staffordshire Bull Terrier - recognized by both the UKC and the AKC.



It's recognized by organizations of the highest class as far as dogs go.  Unless they start carrying the bubonic plague, or coming out of a dogina with a bloodlust attitude from day one, they're gonna stick around.  Until people realize that overall they've been lied to about the breed, they will not want to be present when ones around.  I mean there's whole cities that have blanket bans on them, and they are still prevalent. It's supply and demand.  We treat our animals worse than we treat our tvs.  You wouldnt smack your tv and chain it to a tree to solve anything. 

I have an opinion on dog breeding, and it's just that professionals should handle it, and do it all legally, I wish cats had the benefit of being held responsibly, but you see more than any other animal "free kittens" and people do some fucked up shit to cats, but some cats come out feral, and so do dogs, but there's no one breed that is feral more than others ( I'm not talking wolves and tigers here ).  I'm really glad I got talked into getting another cat.  I wasn't going to simply over litter boxes, but I just kinda felt like it was a part of my life I needed to be taking care of....hopefully I end up like ace ventura, minus the tranny sex ( unless it's good tranny sex, cause good sex is good sex ).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24285573 -

They were bred for bull wrangling an boar hunting hense theyre name like bulldogs.
You dont socialise a cat an treat it right it will tear your ass up just like with every other animal.


--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: vandago]
    #24285584 -

I still don't understand the appeal in anyone wanting a pitbull though. There's other breeds of dogs that are way less likely to rip your throat out. They all still can though, even golden retrievers kill little kids every now and then. It's just less common.


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Edited by Sheekle (04/30/17 11:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Banning dog breeds ultimate racism [Re: Sheekle]
    #24285591 -

To save it from being tortured.

I rescue animals, and I seek out weimaranars.

For real "One Nation Under Dog" is a documentary about what really goes down with dogs, and what happens in kill shelters etc.

It's fucked up. 


People like pitbulls because they are very easy to train for their high energy, and they will stick by you, and will protect you.  People get them to guard their houses a lot around here.  I see very few treated poorly, and i've only seen mean ones connected to assholes via nylon, or chained to a tree in a back yard, or contained inside of a kennel or fenced in yard.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Should i put my dog to sleep?
( 1 2 all )
40oz 5,712 34 04/01/05 01:10 AM
by boO
* I love my dog
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Delyrium 7,799 83 11/20/03 06:54 PM
by Mitchnast
* maybe getting a dog this summer Abudiwa 1,205 19 03/08/05 07:50 PM
by Abudiwa
* Racism in your life and community
( 1 2 all )
Ellis Dee 8,791 36 11/13/02 10:49 AM
by Fred Garvin
* hey, troll in the pub.. get banned!
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 3,788 55 08/12/05 02:28 PM
by KingOftheThing
* Biggest dog head? PriitK 1,721 5 05/26/05 12:14 AM
by KingOftheThing
* Raped Dogs and The Dog Raping Rapists Who Rape Them
( 1 2 3 all )
Irradiated_Feces 4,285 40 07/29/05 02:57 PM
by thegatewaydrug
* if i see your pitbill IM GOING TO FUCKING SHOOT IT poll
( 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 )
cinic 10,762 282 05/24/12 08:19 AM
by Johnny Depp

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,355 topic views. 4 members, 6 guests and 74 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.