Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Who are your heroes, and why?
    #24228288 -

Can be fictional characters, or real life individuals who have lived or currently live.


My heroes consist of Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Neil Tyson, Carl Sagan, Lawrence Krauss.

Because of these guys my way of thinking is more critical and skeptical. I guess you can say I m slowly becoming more of a critical thinker because of them. Learning to question things I previously haven't, forming my own opinions, and looking at science with a much higher respect than I did growing up.

Fictional Characters: Anime characters, too many to list

Many anime characters have strangely enough taught me more about empathy/sympathy, contributing to a moral value that I believe is better than anything religion has taught me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who are your heroes, and why? [Re: Parasyte] * 1
    #24228289 -

One hero that comes to mind is an online friend of mine.

He goes through such hardships yet he gives it 100% with every fiber of his being.

I believe in him.




--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who are your heroes, and why? [Re: Asante]
    #24228302 -

Asante said:
One hero that comes to mind is an online friend of mine.

He goes through such hardships yet he gives it 100% with every fiber of his being.

I believe in him.



This post is so transparently about Webster10.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who are your heroes, and why? [Re: Burke Dennings] * 1
    #24228376 -

Many of my heros are fictional, most in fact.

One that stands out is Vash from Trigun. I always loved his contrasting personality and desire to spread peace and equality. Also the way he goes out of his way to save people even when they try and screw him over. He's the kind of hero I always wished I could be. Here is one of my favorite scenes:


LOVE and PEACE


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Edited by musiclover420 (04/08/17 05:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who are your heroes, and why? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #24228378 -

Net at all but yes he has fighting spirit,


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who are your heroes, and why? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #24228399 -

This one will probably be chosen a lot, but Terence McKenna, I like that he was always seemingly on the edge of insanity while still remaining immensely intelligent and creative. His use of language was incredible, and he was always pushing boundaries, and I look up to any person who is pushing the edges and strengthening the novelty.
Whether that is someone like TMK or a random person on the street who is dressed unlike anyone else around, or a girl with a face full of piercings, I appreciate these people.


--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who are your heroes, and why? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #24228400 -

Anyone who wills themselves to do things like take heroic doses of psychedelics to better themselves and humanity.. I am a coward and have only had a few heroic doses so anyone that does it or used to do it regularly is a hero to me. Like Terrence Mckenna when he was alive.

People who spend their waking life educating themselves, really getting super critical about their own self knowledge and paving a way for others to follow their lead.

People who unconditionally love humanity and bring up the collective vibration of humanity through their existence. I feel like Joe Rogan is a person like this who I admire a lot.

People who don't waste their talent even though they could, they work on their craft every day and become the best of the best and inspire others to work hard to fulfill their dreams.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who are your heroes, and why? [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #24228401 -

JINX


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who are your heroes, and why? [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #24228403 -

Called it
Tmethyl said:
This one will probably be chosen a lot.



:awesomenod:


--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who are your heroes, and why? [Re: Tmethyl] * 1
    #24228476 -

This dude down the street at movie madness named Fostino.

I would say he's my hero because when I was in high school all us stoners knew him because of his mushroom story.
I was listening to intension & right in two by tool today and I decided to say hi to him.
He asked me what I was listening to and I told him, he goes "Tool is great music, man. I used to have a tape of them. I like the one video where the guy is made of clay and his face melts off". Then I go "Yeah, it's almost like a horror movie itself."

He goes on about his car he's gotta clean and I told him I did my beginner test, failed the road rules but passed every other one. The only one you have to actually read for. He laughs.

Then for some reason I forget his name. I say it's nice to see you again man, whats your name again? Toni? He goes, Tino. I'm like Oh right yeah. Toni's the wrong side of the bed. He does a deep voice impression of an Italian mafia guy "Eetonii, yeah!"

Yeah. Idk why but I felt I had to express this here. He would be my hero for sure.

Oh and Alan Watts & Manly P Hall.

Reason: Their fucking accents are hilarious and I love doing their accents randomly for no reason or thought of why and how I do it. Just listen to Watts say the word "Philosophy" and Hall say the word "Individual". I shit my pants easily from hearing this...?


--------------------
"There are times— and this would be a great study for somebody to do—there have been periods in English when there were emotions that don't exist anymore, because the words have been lost. There are colors that don't exist anymore because the words have been lost." — Terence McKenna (The Archaic Revival: 1991)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who are your heroes, and why? [Re: Asante]
    #24229189 -

pur3bind said:
This dude down the street at movie madness named Fostino.

I would say he's my hero because when I was in high school all us stoners knew him because of his mushroom story.
I was listening to intension & right in two by tool today and I decided to say hi to him.
He asked me what I was listening to and I told him, he goes "Tool is great music, man. I used to have a tape of them. I like the one video where the guy is made of clay and his face melts off". Then I go "Yeah, it's almost like a horror movie itself."

He goes on about his car he's gotta clean and I told him I did my beginner test, failed the road rules but passed every other one. The only one you have to actually read for. He laughs.

Then for some reason I forget his name. I say it's nice to see you again man, whats your name again? Toni? He goes, Tino. I'm like Oh right yeah. Toni's the wrong side of the bed. He does a deep voice impression of an Italian mafia guy "Eetonii, yeah!"

Yeah. Idk why but I felt I had to express this here. He would be my hero for sure.

Oh and Alan Watts & Manly P Hall.

Reason: Their fucking accents are hilarious and I love doing their accents randomly for no reason or thought of why and how I do it. Just listen to Watts say the word "Philosophy" and Hall say the word "Individual". I shit my pants easily from hearing this...?



Interesting, I don't know too much of Alan Watts or Manly P Hall, but I've heard of Watts of course




EternalCowabunga said:
Anyone who wills themselves to do things like take heroic doses of psychedelics to better themselves and humanity.. I am a coward and have only had a few heroic doses so anyone that does it or used to do it regularly is a hero to me. Like Terrence Mckenna when he was alive.

People who spend their waking life educating themselves, really getting super critical about their own self knowledge and paving a way for others to follow their lead.

People who unconditionally love humanity and bring up the collective vibration of humanity through their existence. I feel like Joe Rogan is a person like this who I admire a lot.

People who don't waste their talent even though they could, they work on their craft every day and become the best of the best and inspire others to work hard to fulfill their dreams.



Joe Rogan is pretty cool, he had a cool podcast recently with Neil Degrasse Tyson that was pretty amazing. He definitely is always looking to increase his knowledge I'd say. Although somethings he may

musiclover420 said:
Many of my heros are fictional, most in fact.

One that stands out is Vash from Trigun. I always loved his contrasting personality and desire to spread peace and equality. Also the way he goes out of his way to save people even when they try and screw him over. He's the kind of hero I always wished I could be. Here is one of my favorite scenes:


LOVE and PEACE



I can relate to that in regards to anime characters. More specifically there is a character like that known as Naruto, a very selfless character who always manages to bring out the good in the most evil of characters

Asante said:
One hero that comes to mind is an online friend of mine.

He goes through such hardships yet he gives it 100% with every fiber of his being.

I believe in him.






I have someone of similar aspects, although I knew him from previous work experience, he goes through some pretty scary things daily, we often share insight, pretty cool

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who are your heroes, and why? [Re: Parasyte]
    #24229209 -

Many Japanese people seem to have strong morals which reflects in some of their shows.

I watched a fair amount of Naruto as a kid as well as a ton of random stuff.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who are your heroes, and why? [Re: musiclover420]
    #24229247 -

Thug Dad. I want to learn sex from him.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who are your heroes, and why? [Re: Konyap] * 1
    #24229250 -

The worrld needs more Heroes, more people willeng to go out of their ways to do the heroic things the Universe asks of them.

Being a hero isnt just for video games like Warcraft.

Go on that quest, that RL quest, today!



--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I'm loving Guitar Hero 2
( 1 2 all )
Spooge 2,729 25 11/12/06 07:10 AM
by Psilocybeingzz
* Why do people think Jerry Garcia is interesting or heroic/iconic?
( 1 2 all )
GnuBobo 2,528 27 05/15/07 02:07 PM
by danlennon3
* redneck accents
( 1 2 3 all )
Vvellum 6,870 49 11/16/08 03:23 AM
by moonrockmushy
* Accent specific to your region??
( 1 2 all )
CureCat 4,333 28 01/18/07 03:41 PM
by CureCat
* Need help with Hero Journey Paper! IslandShroomer 655 6 11/29/07 08:20 PM
by Hyper_Panda_GO
* Accents
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Bi0TeK 7,797 64 01/14/05 11:30 AM
by Bi0TeK
* People who call themselves pimps
( 1 2 all )
blacksabbathrulz 2,472 29 06/06/06 03:37 AM
by Acidic_Sloth
* What accent do you have????
( 1 2 all )
Hitman203 3,099 26 11/12/06 08:51 PM
by DirtMcgirt

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
296 topic views. 8 members, 28 guests and 72 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.