Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Good old movies? [Re: Deathby69] * 2
    #24200345 -

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: Mojo]
    #24200814 -

Anyone enjoy The Three Stooges?

I know it's just episodes but it's like a old movie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: Roostertail] * 1
    #24207805 -

Who's afraid of Virginia Wolfe

Bogart movies but I can't pick one

Chinatown

Got to have some Scorcese. For old enough movies, Mean Streets and Taxi Driver.

The Conversation, Godfather I and II, Dog Day Afternoon and The Deer Hunter were the only movies John Cazale ever appeared in and every one was nominated for best picture. He was not a "looker" so they cast him in loser guy roles, but in real life he was the romantic partner of Meryl Streep continuing till his death.  By the time shooting for The Deer Hunter was to begin, Cazale's lung cancer had become terminal and the studio wanted to drop him so Robert DeNiro put up all liability insurance himself. Al Pacino said "All I wanted to do was work with John for the rest of my life". There is an excellent documentary on his career called "I knew it was You".

    With only 1 or 2 exceptions all the suggestions on this thread were excellent.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Edited by Brian Jones (03/31/17 12:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: Brian Jones]
    #24207838 -

Brian Jones said:
Bogart movies but I can't pick one




It's hard huh? With Casablanca aside you got The Roaring Twenties, Key Largo, Dark Passage, The Big Sleep, and The Maltese Falcon.

I still haven't seen The African Queen and many others. Any good?


--------------------
:darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: Starstepper]
    #24207890 -

Contact


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: Starstepper]
    #24208299 -

Starstepper said:
Brian Jones said:
Bogart movies but I can't pick one




It's hard huh? With Casablanca aside you got The Roaring Twenties, Key Largo, Dark Passage, The Big Sleep, and The Maltese Falcon.

I still haven't seen The African Queen and many others. Any good?



Yeah it's hard, and despite the first 3 words you agree. How do pick one or two?

    I don't think, or can't remember, seeing The Roaring Twenties or Dark Passage.

    The first movie that got me into Bogart was an obscure one, "Dead Reckoning".

    Definitely watch The African Queen. Another one I really like is The Petrified Forrest, with a young Bette Davis.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: Starstepper]
    #24208313 -

Starstepper said:
Brian Jones said:
Bogart movies but I can't pick one




It's hard huh? With Casablanca aside you got The Roaring Twenties, Key Largo, Dark Passage, The Big Sleep, and The Maltese Falcon.

I still haven't seen The African Queen and many others. Any good?



Maltese Falcon is a sweet one, only Bogart movie I've seen other than Casablanca.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: Brian Jones]
    #24208339 -

I enjoyed The Roaring Twenties. It's the only major film where Bogart is the antagonist, I think.

Bonnie and Clyde is an excellent old movie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: ONE OZ SLUG]
    #24208549 -

A Clockwork Orange, North by Northwest,The Wizard of Oz, The Outlaw Jose Wales, Pale Rider, The Great Escape, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf....so many good old movies.


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #24208562 -

Rear Window
12 Angry Men


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: Patlal]
    #24208685 -

^^^ 12 Angry Men was so awesome I thought.... Was not expecting it to grab me like it did....
Another:
Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon, and Marilyn Monroe in Some Like It Hot


--------------------
This was an experiment.

Edited by DoneKildatReason (03/31/17 06:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: DoneKildatReason]
    #24208784 -



Gaslight, 1940


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: ONE OZ SLUG]
    #24209769 -

ONE OZ SLUG said:
I enjoyed The Roaring Twenties. It's the only major film where Bogart is the antagonist, I think.

Bonnie and Clyde is an excellent old movie.



Bogie is the villain in Petrified Forrest.

Bonnie and Clyde is great and in at least a couple scenes exceptionally graphically violent for that time. I never was sure Clyde was not making it with Bonnie for a long time because  of psychologically caused impotence but nobody shares my opinion. I think there could be other psychological barriers to prevent intimacy.

    In The Deer Hunter Michael (DeNiro) shows a lot of avoiding sex when it was there for the taking, but it was never suggested in the movie, or by anyone else that he was impotent. I guess he had better reasons though. In an early scene Stan (John Cazale) makes fun of Michael for not getting it on with a bar room chick that wanted him and Stan suggests "Michael sometimes I think your a fag" She was apparently not to his tastes. In a much later scene he returns from Viet Nam and doesn't make it with Linda (Meryl Streep) and just falls asleep in bed with her. But she was the Chris Walken's character's girlfriend and he is lost in Viet Nam. There was complex psychological stuff going on. When Michael first returns to his little steel town he sees barriers crossing the street saying Welcome Home Michael and he just leaves.
And if you haven't seen it and think I'm spoiling, trust me I haven't. The keys to movie remain unmentioned.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: Brian Jones]
    #24209828 -

Seven Samurai
Ikiru
Double Indemnity
Last Year At Marienbad
La Jetee
The Passion Of Joan Of Arc
Ugetsu Monogatari
Woman In The Dunes
Touch Of Evil

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: Brian Jones]
    #24211217 -

Brian Jones said:
Starstepper said:
Brian Jones said:
Bogart movies but I can't pick one




It's hard huh? With Casablanca aside you got The Roaring Twenties, Key Largo, Dark Passage, The Big Sleep, and The Maltese Falcon.

I still haven't seen The African Queen and many others. Any good?



Yeah it's hard, and despite the first 3 words you agree. How do pick one or two?

    I don't think, or can't remember, seeing The Roaring Twenties or Dark Passage.

    The first movie that got me into Bogart was an obscure one, "Dead Reckoning".

    Definitely watch The African Queen. Another one I really like is The Petrified Forrest, with a young Bette Davis.




Haha sorry man those first 3 words were really bad :lolsy:


--------------------
:darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: Deathby69]
    #24211228 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good old movies? [Re: Starstepper]
    #24212274 -

Starstepper said:
Brian Jones said:
Starstepper said:
Brian Jones said:
Bogart movies but I can't pick one




It's hard huh? With Casablanca aside you got The Roaring Twenties, Key Largo, Dark Passage, The Big Sleep, and The Maltese Falcon.

I still haven't seen The African Queen and many others. Any good?



Yeah it's hard, and despite the first 3 words you agree. How do pick one or two?

    I don't think, or can't remember, seeing The Roaring Twenties or Dark Passage.

    The first movie that got me into Bogart was an obscure one, "Dead Reckoning".

    Definitely watch The African Queen. Another one I really like is The Petrified Forrest, with a young Bette Davis.




Haha sorry man those first 3 words were really bad :lolsy:



No dude it was in no way offensive. I just laughed cause you were agreeing.
On your list my first thought was Dark Passages is a great title. But if he's the antagonist in The Roaring Twenties got to see that.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Fantastic Four WildCardsRevenge 547 4 12/29/05 07:03 AM
by Konnrade
* Movies that suck
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Phychotron 5,323 77 04/25/06 07:52 PM
by PsychdlcMes3
* Fantastic 4 Movie Adden 471 6 05/31/05 11:39 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* When movies make me cry,
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 4,363 40 07/25/05 12:16 AM
by Redstorm
* What's the *worst* movie you ever saw?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
AsanteM 13,437 144 08/12/10 04:40 PM
by KillerSpores
* Movies to download???? (Donnie Dark was cool, so was V for Vendetta)
( 1 2 3 all )
Psilocybeingzz 5,532 45 12/06/08 07:15 PM
by it stars saddam
* Best movies you've tripped to
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Phychotron 18,998 132 11/20/11 04:52 PM
by SuperNovanika85
* What movies do you got? LuNaTiX 956 9 04/15/06 12:11 PM
by Phychotron

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
929 topic views. 1 members, 309 guests and 128 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.