Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineClusterHead
Grateful...
Loc: OZ
FDA has approved Clinical Trial of Mushrooms!
    #2409892 - 03/09/04 04:04 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The following is a post taken from the Clusterheadaches.com message board that was presented by Flash, one of many leaders involved in the shroom treatment, and a personal hero to many of us Clusterheads. I really don't know if any of you guys really care all that much, but I thought you guys would like to see our little guys in a positive push in the medical field. By the way, my FOAF just got finished dunking his 6 PR cakes and 18 EQ cakes and everything is going great. Soon I should have some pics to show you guys of his first grow. Talk to ya'll later.
- xexkxex -

Quote:

Bob Wold (pinkfloyd) of Clusterbusters.com has given PinkSharkMark and myself the honor of making a joint announcement of historic import to cluster headache sufferers.

Clinical studies on the effectiveness of psilocybin and LSD in the prevention and treatment of cluster headaches will soon take place!

Bob's tireless efforts have finally born fruit. Below is an excerpt from the confirmation letter received by Bob from Rick Doblin Ph.D., the president of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS):
Quote:

Quote:Dear Bob,

As the President of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), I'm writing to confirm our agreement to work together to conduct FDA-approved research into the use of psilocybin and LSD in the treatment and prevention of cluster headaches. This research will be coordinated by MAPS and will be directed by Dr. John Halpern, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, in association with Dr. Andrew Sewell.

Many of you have read on this board over the years of the spectacular successs clusterheads have achieved with psilocybin (the active compound in magic mushrooms) and of the equal success of the few LSD experimenters from whom we have reports. We express our heartfelt thanks to all those who had the courage to post their experiences with these controversial -- and in most countries, illegal -- substances in this public forum. Without the convincing evidence gathered from so many reports, there would have been no possibility whatsoever of enlisting any credible researcher -- let alone researchers connected with Harvard Medical School -- to embark upon a clinical study presenting as many challenges as this one does.

We would also like to thank DJ for allowing a full and frank discussion of this therapy to be carried out for so many years in this forum, and a special thanks to Ueli for investing countless hours in compiling his archive of links to every post ever made on this bulletin board regarding the use of psilocybin and LSD. Ueli's archive made the task of presenting convincing case histories to the interested parties a manageable one.

Bob will be releasing further details as the project unfolds, including posting additional information regarding time frames. He will also answer the question, "When & where do I sign up?"

Thanks also to PinkSharkMark for drafting the bulk of this posting.

HERE WE GO!

Flash

--------------------
Please visit Clusterbusters.com and Clusterheadaches.com

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMex
Mother Earth
Male

Loc: ITA ~ Earth ~ 13:20
Re: FDA has approved Clinical Trial of Mushrooms! [Re: ClusterHead]
    #2409898 - 03/09/04 04:06 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Good! :wink: The Sacred Mushi can help, is true IMO.
... and yes, sens us some pics!

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2409908 - 03/09/04 04:20 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Congrats on your grow... uh... and the FDA study. Post this in the Shroomery News service Forum too... if a mod doesn't move this thread there first. This news belongs there, not just because it has little to do with cultivation, but because it is GREAT news!

The FDA has high standards. It would be great to see Psilocybin and/or LSD approved. This would be yet more evidence of the safety and benefits of RESPONSIBLE usage.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineClusterHead
Grateful...
Loc: OZ
Re: FDA has approved Clinical Trial of Mushrooms! [Re: Rose]
    #2409964 - 03/09/04 05:02 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The Shroomery News service Forum has been updated with the news, though I still feel that it should stay here for all the hobbyists, who focus their attention to these main forums up top, to see. I guess that's up to the mods though. Anyway, good growin', talk to ya'll later.
- Clusterhead -

--------------------
Please visit Clusterbusters.com and Clusterheadaches.com

InvisibleLoki
fluid druid
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #2409992 - 03/09/04 05:16 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'll keep it here, as its great news.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation