Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Who Drinks Bells?
    #2381899 -

www.bellsbeer.com

Who here drinks Bells?


It is my favorite beer..

Not just because it is relatively local for me, but because it is god damn good...


I just had some some Bell's 6000th batch the other night and it was spectacular. I had some Java Stout tonight, which is a stout brewed with coffee beans, and it was very interesting. I am a big fan of Oberon and Two-Hearted Ale. If you are looking for tasty beer with a kick then Bell's is yours.

What other microbrewery's do you guys enjoy??


--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who Drinks Bells? [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #2382822 -

YES! Bell's beer is amazing! I'm originally from Kzoo, and although not 21, was a damn big fan of Bell's. Also their food (at the eccentric cafe) is quite nice. My favorites are 2 hearted and Pale Ale... Oberon is a damn nice summer beer, but a bit too light for my tastes.

Krishna


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who Drinks Bells? [Re: Krishna]
    #2383671 -

Well if i'm not drinking one of these,



i'll drink a Bell's!  :beer:  I really love the pale ale too.....

oh,  and i'm a michagander! 

:smile: :gd_icon:


--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....



"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who Drinks Bells? [Re: kindkesey]
    #2383778 -

Right on.

I just found out that the 6000th batch is 10.5%, that explains why 4 of them were sufficient..

Michiganders Unite!


I'll have to give some others a shot, I think I've seen Blue Moon around...

You guys ever had/heard of Ghetto Blaster?


--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who Drinks Bells? [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #2383928 -

FrankieJustTrypt said:
You guys ever had/heard of Ghetto Blaster?



Nope, what is it?  How about Founder's from G.R, have you drank this beer yet? They also have a very good pale ale!

:smile: :gd_icon:


--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....



"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who Drinks Bells? [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #2383974 -

What do you guys feel about Kraftbrau (from kzoo) and Arcadia (B.C.)? I tried some strange fruit beer (dunno what it was called, but it was sold in a big jug) from Kraftbrau that was quite nice... however, never thought either of them lived up to Bells. A funny "bells on tour" story, though... last summer I went to see Phish at Alpine for the 2 days they played there... a friend of mine brought along a few crates of Bells to pay his way, and was walking around the lot selling them.  A guy comes up to him and asks what kind of beer he has, so my friend lists off what he has left. The guy looks kinda confused and says, "ok ill just take a budweiser." Kinda pissed off my friend :smile:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who Drinks Bells? [Re: Krishna]
    #2396444 -

Ghetto Blaster is from the Motor City Brewery, supposedly one some awards... I myself have not had it yet... I'll be honest I don't have too many microbrewery beers under my belt as of yet.. Most of my drinking has been done on a young guy's budget, so theres been far too much big-time alcohol water(as I like to call it).. Drank alot of Guinness for a while... Then stopped drinking altogether for about 6 months.. Now I'm back in the game and I like to have a few nice beers here and there, so far I'm going through the Bell's(Next up, cherry or expedition stout).. I did have a blue moon the other night, though it was at a bar in the middle of other beers so I'd have to give it a shot on its own... Though I've never met a beer I didn't like(Except MGD)

Krishna, I'm in the metro detroit area... Never been the the cafe, but I did find a party store that carries the full selection of Bell's.. I was most pleased.


--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who Drinks Bells? [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #2396489 -

kool,
i'll keep my eye out for some getto blaster, i'm sure i can find it in GR. The expedition stout is a exllent brew, i love that one too! But if its not a blue moon my next fav is Sierra Nevada pale ale.  So what u think about the blue moon?  I think its really brewed by coors tho..

:smile: :gd_icon: :beer:


--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....



"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who Drinks Bells? [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #2400007 -

Bell's Beer is great. I like just about all thier brews. I'd have to say my second favorite brewing company is Sierra Nevada, they make some good beer too.


--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bells Beer peruvian spark 665 4 09/17/06 07:54 PM
by kosmic_charlie
* Best Microbrewery
( 1 2 all )
trueze 1,667 34 12/18/11 09:10 PM
by mirage
* Working at a microbrewery Parkseerf 889 6 04/05/11 12:49 AM
by fbi365
* Drinking stories mxdrk 892 10 02/28/05 10:20 PM
by chocbruce
* And the bells were ringin' out for Christmas day! Revelation 1,214 2 12/16/02 03:35 AM
by Mr Wobblehead
* What are you drinking tonight?
( 1 2 3 all )
THE KRAT BARON 3,045 40 03/17/06 08:54 PM
by THE KRAT BARON
* The Division Bell Adden 794 15 07/24/05 11:19 AM
by Vulture
* damnit..... taco bell or.... mcdonalds.... ZippoZM 1,085 11 07/26/05 07:52 PM
by buckwheat

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
874 topic views. 12 members, 51 guests and 310 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.