Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Loc: HellTrack
GT Myceluim question
    #2369415 - 02/22/04 09:39 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Can someone who has experience growing Golden Teachers please answer a question for me?Does the myceluim for this strain usually grow whispy and light,or what?I ask because i have a gt casing and 1 gt cake still in the jar about 85% colonized,and the jar has spots that are colonized but very whispy and thin,almost see thru,kinda,and the casing has some very noticable myceluim but also this whispy kind.I am not sure if its cobweb or not,but it really isnt spreading superfast and its not greyish,but white,so i dontknow.I grew acadians once a long time ago and they grew whispy like that to a point then got thicker.
Please help i dont know what to think.These two things,the casing and thejar are all i have.I am buying peroxide tomm to mist with,if its not cobweb,but just myceluim growing that way will i be doing harm using 10%peroxide solution on it?
Thank you for your help

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZapotecorum
AlcoHoliC

Loc: my conversion van
Re: GT Myceluim question [Re: snatchcakes]
    #2369486 - 02/22/04 09:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

how old is the jar and how long has the myceluim been growing?

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Re: GT Myceluim question [Re: Zapotecorum]
    #2369506 - 02/22/04 10:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

well the casing was started almost 5 days ago andthe jar is about 5 weeks old(i started with very low tempertures because no incubator so they took longer.)

InvisibleZapotecorum
AlcoHoliC

Loc: my conversion van
    #2369559 - 02/22/04 10:22 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

the casing might be cob web. if the casing layer is kinda thick(half inc or more) the myciluim might not be showing yet. it would be nice to see some pictures if you can. most likely its not cob web and your over reacting as all new mothers do. just wait it out and see what happens.(cob web will turn the entire casing white in days, mush myciluim will take more than a week) also if its spotty its probably mush mycilium.

im assuming the casing was started from a jar. so did that jar you use for the casing look like different from specimen still in the jar. i dont think that you have cob web in the jar, assuming even mild sterility cob web is unlikely, bacterial growth would have developed long ago.

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #2369770 - 02/22/04 11:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

In my experience it grows very rigorously.

Offlineonthefly
Will spin forpills

Loc: Midwest
Re: GT Myceluim question [Re: Jared]
    #2370105 - 02/23/04 12:31 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I have the same thing happening right now. One of my casings is starting to overlay but its still fruiting and has what looks like cobweb but i think its just the mycelium on the edge where its pulling away. Its the same color as the other mycelium but more whispey. Im pretty sure its not cobweb but ive never had it before so i cant say.

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Re: GT Myceluim question [Re: onthefly]
    #2375270 - 02/24/04 11:17 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

well i saw several pictures of a casing where the myceluim is starting to come thru and they look like mine and what you described as well onthefly.So im pretty sure its not cobweb,but i think im gonna mist with peroxide/water anyway.
My question now is,this morning i noticed little tiny bumps all over the top,i figure these are the begining of pins,so will spraying a peroxide mix hurt,or delay the growth now that pins are forming?
Also i just bought a automatic mister for inside my chamber.Should a add a little peroxide to the water in there as well or is that overkill?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation