Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Sleep Paralysis
    #2336050 - 02/15/04 12:45 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I used to get this quite a bit. itleast twice a week. It started happening ever since i had a prescription for ambien and seroquel. I got them so many times the experiences terrified me everytime. Its an incredibly terrifying.

I remember falling asleep one night at about 11:00 and waking up around 12:30 i cant move i look at the tv it was off and i look to my right and there is this ghostly figure of a boy staring at me, and he stares at me for quite a few minutes till i finally get out of the sleep.

I usually get the same theme in my sleep paralysis which is ghosts because im absolutely terrified of ghosts for some reason.

Ive recently started taking Geodon and Doxepin for Bipolar Syndrome.

Just wanted to let people know on the possible bad interactions of ambien or other sleeping pills with atypical tranquilizers.

Ever since i stopped seroquel and ambien i dont get them anymore. I still get them occasionaly.

Anyone else have experience with sleep paraylsis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #1

Re: Sleep Paralysis [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2338305 - 02/15/04 05:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hey man, sleep paralysis is just the beginning of an out of body experience.  there is nothing to be scared of bro...

if you dont know anything about such shit man... and want some REAL(not to mention FREE) help, just pm me, i will educate you about this phenomenom.(this goes for anybody "suffering" from this...)

there is no reason to be frightened, let me show you the way...the light  :thumbup:  no im not religious, so i could care a less about church shit, i am a simple and blunt guy, i will tell you how it is straight up.  if your willing to listen :wink:

its not the drugs...its YOU.

by the way...if you can just answer me this.. what color is the little boy...is he like more made of light or is he more dark and shadowy?  thanks man...

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Re: Sleep Paralysis [Re: ]
    #2338438 - 02/15/04 06:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ah im educated on them ive seen so much of them it doesnt phase me anymore. I get them when i dont even do drugs. Ive gotten them ever since i was little.

Anonymous #1

#2338453 - 02/15/04 06:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

then why are you terrified? :lol:  you do NOT know anything about these experiences man....if you did, you wouldnt just shrug it off and call it sleep paralysis, like most ignorant souls that dont know what the out of body experience is....dude just stay scared, its your life.

and hey, thanks for answering that question, i appreciate it :tongue:

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

#2339465 - 02/15/04 11:39 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Sleep Paralysis is a medical condition when the body is awake and your concious but your mind is still dreaming. It Sounds to me that you dont know what your talking about, and dont call me ignorant like some stuck up asshole.

InvisibleBillyGrass

#2339611 - 02/16/04 12:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Red,

No one's accussing you of being ignorant. We're just trying to help you pull the answers to your questions out of your own psyche. I believe you are scared. Scared to open up. Scared to let other people in and touch your stuff. You don't want them to mess up your repetative thought patterns. Remember, everyone in this forum is here to help you. They don't allow jerks in this forum. It's safe.

What I'm saying either matches your situation very closely, or you are not being completely honest with us. Which is it Red?

take care
BillyGrass

Anonymous #1

#2342372 - 02/16/04 04:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

man, calm down, i was simply trying to point you in the right direction as it is obvious you dont know what is actually happening to you, not many people do man....

SLEEP PARALYSIS IS THE BEGINNING OF AN OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE a very spiritual experience if you know what to do and why they happen....if not it can be the most terrifying experience of your life  :shocked:  :tongue:

"many who see, dont believe, because they choose naivete"   --Jump Steady

i will just leave you to your "night terrors", but if you truly want guidance, i will show you how to make them the most peaceful and enlightening experiences you will ever have in your life, wayyyyy more than shrooms, heh, WAYYYYYYYY more enlightening dude :smile:

you have the potential!

Anonymous #1

#2342399 - 02/16/04 05:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

actually man, it is when your body is asleep, and your mind is still awake

when you see that little boy, you are tuned into a dimension called the 'astral plane'  viewing it with your astral self(the real you.)

YOU ARE NOT YOUR BODY.  its just a bag of bones man, your true self is a powerful spirit. :wink:

i know what im talking about homie, i wish there were more enlightened souls here to back me up, but maybe they dont know either :frown:

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

#2342942 - 02/16/04 07:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

sorry i jumped the gun on you. I thought you were insulting me.Ive had many sleep paralsys in the past ive had them since ive been 6. They are a form of nightmare/night terror. Ive also had many instances of strange sleep paraylsis where i would be sleeping and i would hear Music very loud music mostly Classical music like violins and such.Also i would sometimes get Led Zeppelin like music play in my head. Very crystal clear which is whats strange about it. I remember i would occasionaly wake up going to the computer to see if kazaa is running go back on the bed fall asleep and hear it right back again.

Many instances of people i knew talking to me in my head.Just random conversations which is whats funny. Totally off the wall comments from people i knew.

I had many sleep paraylsis where i would see people,monsters. Pretty crazy. Im a very big believer in the supernatural. I spent most part of my life reading nietzsche,Jung,Frued,Albert Camus.

Anonymous #1

#2343246 - 02/16/04 08:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

well try this man, next time it happens... keep your eyes closed, do not tense up, stay calm and relaxed.  Then think of floating upward, you may feel pressure on your chest or your head...but that is normal for newbies just started to project.  If you see a monster or whatever, dont be afraid, because they cant hurt you, only scare you, if you imagine light surrounding them, they will run away, cuz they dont like it, hehe.  If you dont realize this stuff its always gonna be just some nightmare to you, becuase it is scary when you dont know whats really going on.  I know from experience.  but hey man, being free out of body isnt something everyone can just do at will, you have the potential.  I suggest reading up on The out of body experience...if ya dont, well, its your choice man, but if you want them to be peaceful experiences and not terrifying nightmares, read up on the out of body experience :wink:

and its all good man, always will be

Anonymous #1

#2343260 - 02/16/04 08:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

oh, by the way...the reason you hear the noises is because you are switching from the physical plane to the astral plane, so you can compare it to like say....switching a radio stations, when you do...you hear static. Same goes for the mind when switching from the physical to the astral. It is really awesome man, you can travel by thought while out of body, everything is done with the mind.

OfflineHoneySunKisses
sMoKeY McPoT

Loc: Ontario, Canada (EH?!?!)
    #2344198 - 02/17/04 12:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Man, this shit is scary...I was 18 when I had one of those dream things, but I swear to god it was not a dream. I was raped by this thing..this man but it was really black and shadowy..it was on my chest and trying to choke me. I had a heart attack because of it. And I'm not bullshitting either. I was reading a book and I swear I didn't fall asleep.

Anonymous #1

Re: Sleep Paralysis [Re: HoneySunKisses]
    #2344281 - 02/17/04 12:32 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I was 18 when I had one of those dream things, but I swear to god it was not a dream.

yes, it was not a dream. You were tuned into another dimension, the astral plane. Im tryin to reach out here, but nobody seems to really care too much here at the shroomery.

if anybody wants to learn more about these experiences, just go to this forum: http://forums.near-death.com[post your questions in the OBE Forum]

The people there will be able to help you understand what these experiences really are. They are so much more than you think, trust me.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

#2346623 - 02/17/04 04:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

They really are terrifying... They mostly happen for me right after a bad nightmare. When i wake up from them im usually sweating real bad.

Heres a cool site i found on it. http://www.arts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#2347053 - 02/17/04 05:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've had a few similar experiences, not recently.
When you dream, your body is paralyzed to keep you from thrashing around and hurting yourself. I don't know much about it, but I figured it was just a case of partially waking up, but not all the way. Yeah, it was scary, but I don't think it's really dangerous. Just relax and go with it.

Offlinethelox
Re: Sleep Paralysis [Re: phi1618]
    #2348915 - 02/18/04 05:36 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've experienced it a few times along with false awakenings and lucid dreams. In my experience I get strong negative vibes. Sometimes I'll here inaudible voices and see shadows moving around. When I am able to "snap out of it" I am usually afraid to go back to sleep and have to get the hell out of my bedroom. From what I understand your body is paralyzed while you sleep so you don't act out your dreams, but people who sleep walk have some kind of disorder. Anyone ever get when you are almost asleep and then it feels like your're falling or sucked back into your body and wake up. I think it may be a little presumptuous to say all experiences as such are a OBE or related to the astral plane. What evidence is there that such experiences occur outside the body?

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #2350695 - 02/18/04 02:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

alot of different ways to look at it, i subscribe to the physical...

When you sleep (REM), you enter into a state that is defined by PGO waves (Pons, Geniculate, Occipital).  Its entirely possible for you to awaken before the inhibitory action on your motor cortex is lifted, thus resulting in your sleep paralysis.

Another interesting one is Deja Vu.  It occurs when you become conscious of the memory of the instant before you finish storing, resulting in the experience of "holy shit, ive seen this before"

i love neuroscience :smile:

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Anonymous #1

Re: Sleep Paralysis [Re: thelox]
    #2350969 - 02/18/04 03:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

http://forums.near-death.com post your experience in the OBE forum, and see what kind of replies you get.

and yes, when you jerk when just fallin asleep, its because part of you began to float out of your body, but you werent sleepin yet so that happens.

hahah, ive slammed back into my body so hard before that both of my legs lifted up and i slightly sat up at the same time, BOOOM! hahah, crazy shit, but awesome experiences once you finally are out and able to move around, and not stuck in your body all terrified, that does suck, but if you understood there is nothing to fear because you are an all powerful spiritual being of LIGHT, then you can shine that darkness(the shadow beings) to shame.

good luck to all those who have an open mind and want to grow spiritually.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

#2351186 - 02/18/04 04:06 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I get strange music alot. Whats funny is it sounds crystal clear like its coming out of the radio. Its mostly classical music or rock music sounds. no singing just instruments. Ive only hallucinated a few times. Almost everytime they are bad vibes. I think my sleep paralysis plays off my fears. Im deftly afraid of ghosts almost like a phobia. Due to that fear i have many sleep paralysis that have some theme to ghosts or monsters and such. Most of my nightmares also have a ghost or undead theme to them.

What do you think kremlin cause i would really like some expert advice.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag