Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Getting over a bad experience
    #2277570 - 01/27/04 02:25 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

A few months ago I had a really bad experience infront of people that I sorta know, but not close at all; friends of a weed-smoking friend. I dropped acid for the first time and turned into a fucking gibbering wreck. I got really embarassed and these guys just ripped the piss.

Well it's still on my mind all the time. I've figured out that it's the fact that these guys were laughing at me that has really bothered me, not just the bad trip. I was just really embarressed; for example id pretend to send txts on my phone just to try and get away from them mentally, but they'd clock me and start laughing at it; I don't know why I was doing it, I guess it's just down to bad setting and not being prepared for acid properly.

I tell myself that I'm not really gonna see them again, and as I don't even like most of them it doesnt matter. But it still bears on my mind a lot.

Normally socially I'm fine, not exactly outgoing but not shy or anything.

Anyone got any helpers? Would be much appreciated. Cheers

Also, was that a potentially "normal" reaction to acid, ie a typical bad trip? I did smoke a bowl of skunk, and it was only after that that things went really bad. It's just cos I was acting seriously weird, completely ignoring the others and pretending not to hear them, and getting really embaressed. I was listening to them talking about me but just ignoring them, and then getting obviously embarrassed. I guess I'm just kinda worried that mentally I'm messed up...

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: Getting over a bad experience [Re: mr_kite]
    #2277604 - 01/27/04 02:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anyone got any helpers?

Ya, fuck 'em. Set and setting is key. You had a bad setting. It happens. You needn't feel embarassed, you were just tripping out. Perfectly normal dude don't dwell on it. Score some more and do it with better friends who won't judge or criticize you for, lol, tripping. You sound perfectly fine, man.

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Re: Getting over a bad experience [Re: Adden]
    #2277612 - 01/27/04 02:52 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Cheers, that's just what I needed to hear :thumbup: :grin:

I guess I let things get to me sometimes and take meself a bit seriously. Gotta lighten up!

--------------------

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #2277640 - 01/27/04 03:07 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Man you were in the WRONG setting. You have to be with people that will allow you to freak freely. There are very few "rules" regarding how one should act on acid. As long as you're not hurting yourself or others then you're fine. You should be expected to act really weird on acid. It's not like drinking beer or smoking pot. Don't give those goons a second thought.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #2277645 - 01/27/04 03:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mr_kite said:
A few months ago I had a really bad experience infront of people that I sorta know, but not close at all; friends of a weed-smoking friend. I dropped acid for the first time and turned into a fucking gibbering wreck. I got really embarassed and these guys just ripped the piss.

Funnily enough, exactly the same thing happened to me on acid a couple of summers ago with some people I didn't know well.

The acid hit me real strong and I totaly lost it and they all started laughing in my face and trying to make me paranoid which has got to be the most cruel thing you could ever do to someone who's having a bad time on drugs. Needless to say I cut them completely out of my life.

Last I heard of them they were going around spiking people with drugs and then playing mind games with them..

Don't let that day play on your mind, they're not worth it.

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #2277736 - 01/27/04 03:42 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

dude, I had the worst fucking trip ever. You think your acid trip is bad.

Four of us were going to trip, two off shrooms and two off DXM. I went to his kid's house and I'm starting to peak off the shrooms, and ten kids show up. He's one of those people that can't refuse company, even if he doesn't want them there. He explained to us he didn't and there was "nothing he could do about it" and I "didn't have to trip at his house". Like I was going to drive somewhere coming up. He was still in highschool so some of them were really young, idiotic, and retarded. None of the new arrivals had even tripped before and were all excited and giggly about us doing it (gay!!!!!). I was doing the standard trip talk and explaining visuals, only to hear muffled giggles and laughter AT ME. I was a big fucking sideshow for everyone to laugh at, instead of just tripping out with my buddies.. this went on and on and finally I had enough. They started talking about me in the third person while I was SITTING RIGHT THERE, which is quite possibly one of my biggest pet peeves. I felt like an exhibit, or a freak.

Next thing I know I'm running up his stairs. I had gone insane. Everything turned white and then the white faded into reality. The people made me so fucking uncomfortable. It's bad enough I have anxiety/social anxiety.. tripping around ten people I didn't even know. I laid in his brother's bed hoping to get my mind straight. Bad move. I'm running down the stairs with a kitchen knife in my hands and I killed everyone. Everyone. I violently stabbed them all to death. Even my tripping buddies. Everyone was laying there, slaughtered. They stayed so calm and passive as I killed them all as if I were doing them a favor. Some even instructed me where to stab them so I could kill them slower. The way they all looked at me when they were dead was chilling. A baker's dozen of blank, staring, dead eyes.

This hallucination still fascinates me. It was *real*. It really fucking happened. I could feel the grip of the knife, my feet pounding down the stairs, the way their souls left their bodies, the way their warm blood felt on my skin, every stabbing motion.

I "come to" and I'm lying in bed, sweating, cold as fuck, shaking like bloody hell, and thinking I just killed everyone in the house. I ran downstairs and found them alive (to my dismay and relief), thought I shit myself (even had to check, twice), all kinds of nutty stuff. I didn't think I'd ever return to normal, or if I did, I'd never be able to cope with the fact of killing people so easily. It felt, for weeks, like I had really committed murder.

It took me a LONG time to get over it.

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2279173 - 01/27/04 11:40 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I'd hafta agree with the other people who posted here. Screw em. They're idiots if they sit there and purposely make someone who is having a bad trip feel uncomfortable and embarassed. But as the others have said, don't give them another thought. They aren't worth the energy it takes to even remember what they did. You are so much better than them.

s2dope: Damn, I can't even imagine how you felt. That would seriously screw with my mind. It's a shame that idiots who don't have a clue do that to people, whether you are having a bad trip or not. That's just pathetic. If someone ever did that to me, I guarantee that would be the last time I would ever be in their presence.

Some people love to find fault or good times out of making others feel uncomfortable, sad or embarassed. It always seems to come from the people who have to try so hard to fit in and be accepted. They think what they do to people and how they act is 'cool' and impresses those around them.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Re: Getting over a bad experience [Re: Adden]
    #2283534 - 01/29/04 12:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Cheers for all the response. I think I was definately over-reacting and just getting paranoid about it, cos no situation like that had ever happened to me before; on mushrooms Id always been with close friends.

Fucking hell s2dope, now I know I got off lightly... that sounds like pure living hell. And those wanks sound 100 times worse than the guys I was with, at least they were still talking to me, even if it was to take the piss...!

I guess thats a good lesson about the dangers of tripping and bad sets...

Cheers

--------------------

InvisibleSlite
Lost in Life
 User Gallery
Loc: UK
    #2287177 - 01/30/04 03:13 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

This is pretty wierd. A couple of nights ago me and 2 friends dropped acid for the first time. There were also 2 other people present, one I was cool with and another guy who kinda pisses me off (he stole some weed from me once I think). Anyway we dropped our tabs and smoked a big spliff (it lasted over an hour :smile: ) and then I started to get really paranoid that the 2 non tripping guys were trying to freak us out (or blag as they call it). I was getting really really pissed off and kept on shouting at them to fuck off. They hid all the knives in the house from me...

I was getting the distinct impression that this guy didn't like me, I can't remember what I said, but I know it was something fucked up. I remember sitting on the sofa and hearing them talking about me while I was right in front of them. The whole thing was really fucking with my head. The next day when I woke up I felt like shit, my 2 tripping buddies seemed very off and I'm pretty sure it was because of the shit I was saying the night before. Even now they act wierd around me.

Thinking back I think I know what caused all this, the weed. Weed makes you paranoid and social paranoia is the worst kind. I kept on thinking everything I said sounded really shitty and made me sound like a jerk. Whats worse is because of the way I acted my 2 pals haven't even talked to me face to face since the whole thing happened.

This whole experience should have really put me off LSD. I keep on hearing so much good stuff about it though. I wanna trip with just my good friends who I feel comfortable with and not with anyone else.

Set and setting makes the LSD experience.

--------------------
"You can either believe you can do something, or believe you can't.... either way your right"

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
Re: Getting over a bad experience [Re: Slite]
    #2287363 - 01/30/04 04:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Slite said:
Thinking back I think I know what caused all this, the weed. Weed makes you paranoid and social paranoia is the worst kind. I kept on thinking everything I said sounded really shitty and made me sound like a jerk.

This is precisely why I don't smoke weed before or during tripping, rolling etc unless I happen to be by myself.

It might be hard but I think it would be best to appolagise to your friends and try to explain why you acted in the way you did.

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #2288088 - 01/30/04 10:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

"for example id pretend to send txts on my phone"
Hehe, on my hardest trip i kept looking at my watch, but i couldn't read it so i'd nod my head like i could in case anybody was looking at me. good times.
And yes, set and setting are very important. If you choose to use weed start off slowly and see how it reacts. I never injoyed it tripping

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being