Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace] * 1
    #23401148 -

ThatKidWithTheFace said:
I'm just fuckin' with ya, dude :lol:

Funny enough, I've always imagined you talked like that. Sheekle too.



:canthelpbutlaugh:


--------------------
I fucking hate you... God damn, I love you...
But we both know if we stick together, we'll just tear ourselves apart
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey
You are my heroin, but there's an abscess... God damn, I miss the vein!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #23401201 -

Yeah I'm gay

I have a little bit of straight in me

But I don't see myself with a girl again


--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: SunnyD]
    #23401204 -

I can dig it. Do you, dude.


--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #23401309 -

damn. I come back & 3 pages. sweet. thanks for all the replies. got a good insight on this. peaccccccccccccee guysssssssssssss. haha jk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #23401510 -

ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Hell, I've met way more limp-wristed straight people that talk like that than gays.

The gays are better at it, though



There are a lot of effeminate men in the south.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: koods]
    #23401520 -

I've run into a few. Way more out west, though.


--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: sanchothestoner]
    #23401532 -

sanchothestoner said:
LuSiD enthusiast said:
Flamer is ofensiv op. Here's the terms generally used to describe gay folk. I'm at work so i won't be able to define them all, I'll try and add the def. in later tonight.

Twink
Bear
Top
Bottom
Power bottom
Twinkversatile
Twank
Twonk
Otters

Most people use only the first five.



LOL

it's always sunny reference??



Took long enough for someone to get it.


--------------------
I'm addicted to coke, weed, booze, ludes and speed.
Not LSD, you can't get addicted to LSD, it was built by scientists.

I ain't got no demons that gonna get woke.


In erowid we trust.

Just take your damn pills and don't ask any questions, you'll be fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: LuSiD enthusiast] * 1
    #23401571 -

That episode is hilarious :lol:

my uncle is gay and you would have no idea until you got to know him well. I didn't figure it out till I was about 12.
His partner on the other hand... Well, meeting him is what pretty much gave it away.

I used to be bothered by "flamers", but getting to know my uncle's partner better has made me comfortable with effeminate men.
It's just what comes natural to them. It's pretty lame to hate on someone for being themselves.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #23401755 -

It's a voice like any other you put on. A calling card to others.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #23401939 -

Moonshoe said:
The stereotypical gay mannerisms such as the lisping speech, limp wrist etc apply only to a subset of the gay population. Most gay people do not have these mannerisms.
The ones that do have usually talked like that from the time they could speak. I do see some guys just absolutely camping it up for the sake of it. It can be VERY irritating/annoying/rude.

Most gay people walk, talk and carry themselves the same as straight people . Unless you have good gaydar you won't normally be able to tell if a person is gay unless they are "flamboyant/flaming/effeminate" gays which by no means all are.

Many gay people are masculine or hyper masculine.
Or just "normal" acting people(?).

For example the whole community of gays called "bears" do not have the "gay voice" or the limp wrist.
This is not entirely true. I am a humongous fan of "bears" and chubby bear men. There is almost the same amount of effeminate big hairy "manly" looking men as there are flamboyant queens (term can apply to whoever). I have been out in the gay bars/community for over 20 years. The thing is that some of these guys will dress/look/act a certain way and only associate with others that have a certain look/body type/mannerisms, they exclude themselves by only including certain people, just like any other group of shallow thinking pretentious people do

Just like not all black peoples talk in Ebonics and not all Mexicans say "'mang".

Of the gay people I know, virtually none of them talked in the gay voice and none had the limp wrist .

Some do, but most don't.

I have known an army ranger who was gay. You would never have guessed he was gay until he fucked my male friend, who also had zero stereotypical gay mannerisms.



I have been called "undetectable" and virtually everyone who I meet/work with outside of the gay bar is very surprised to learn that I am gay. I have tried to put on the act a bit just to be funny, but it just does not work for me, and I'm glad it doesn't, but to the people that are effeminate I say do you as best as you can and be happy, just don't be annoying/rude/obnoxious about it.

My ex said something one time that I will never forget. There was a really flamboyant guy talking to us and he turns to him and says, "flit on off now darlin' cause the beat of your fairy wings is much too cool for me!" I lost it and the guy left us alone. It was mean (he was a pretty mean/temperamental person) but the guy left us alone.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 2
    #23401977 -

Does the "bro voice" come naturally to meathead, hetero men?

Does vocal fry come naturally to millennial women?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: Me_Roy]
    #23402011 -

I'd just like to mention that the title of this thread made me chuckle, thanks. Have a nice day. Bye.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: Bigfeely123]
    #23402225 -

I knew this twink once, he only got a bit lispy around big groups of people when he was entertaining folks, but if you talk to him alone, he wasn't that way at all.

I think what others have already said, that some people just put it on as show.


--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: Me_Roy]
    #23402419 -

Me_Roy said:
Does the "bro voice" come naturally to meathead, hetero men?
YES! and no...:smirk:

Does vocal fry come naturally to millennial women?



I have no idea what this means.:confused:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #23402491 -

nothing like a gay shroomery thread for Friday night reading.

shrooms def do this... change ur voice too

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: Lucis]
    #23402595 -

Fennario said:
I knew this twink once, he only got a bit lispy around big groups of people when he was entertaining folks, but if you talk to him alone, he wasn't that way at all.

I think what others have already said, that some people just put it on as show.



Many -- if not most -- people speak somewhat differently depending on who is around them. We all vary intonation, pitch, inflection, word choice, etc. based on who we're talking with, how we feel, and what we want to communicate. These differences emerge both consciously and unconsciously. Social life is always, to one degree or another, a performance. And though it is rooted in the body and deeply seated notions of identity, gender also has performative aspects.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: Me_Roy]
    #23402599 -

funny you say that. this lady was talking in an English accent to her british friends but when she was talking to me she sounded very normal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: Bigfeely123]
    #23402693 -

My drawl gets a lot thicker around old timers. It was a lot less pronounced after a few months out west. Now it's back to normal now that I'm back


--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace] * 1
    #23402894 -

ThatKidWithTheFace said:
My drawl gets a lot thicker around old timers. It was a lot less pronounced after a few months out west. Now it's back to normal now that I'm back



Mine too. Especially around rural folk. Comes out quicker than hell after living out in the country.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does the "gay voice" come naturally after coming out? [Re: SunnyD]
    #23402905 -

SunnyD said:
Then you wouldn't be able to be around me cause of your insecuritys



Cause that's the way I talk and I don't try or act like anything
I also look really effeminate,  I mean.. if yove  seen me you know

I just have a faggot lisp  on top of my southern deep voice


Thanks friend



Dude if I can't use the word faggot then you shouldn't be able to either

Someone else would get banned for that shit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* New Timothy Leary cd coming out LearyfanS 3,067 18 05/21/03 10:48 AM
by SuperSpun
* Family Guy is coming on in 2 minutes... Cracka_X 596 5 07/16/03 07:07 AM
by TheHobbit
* The Harder They Come Ripple 1,209 7 09/22/03 02:18 PM
by Big Fi52
* Thailand here we come..... trev 2,002 15 08/16/03 07:50 AM
by trev
* The pieces are coming together...
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 4,853 21 11/05/02 07:04 AM
by I_Fart_Blue
* Marc Emory comes to Windsor trendalM 2,641 19 09/01/03 04:55 PM
by JuggaJoe
* how come no ones ever in here!?
( 1 2 all )
JonnyOnTheSpot 1,826 21 03/17/13 06:51 AM
by Ima Trooper
* Infected Mushroom coming to Canada! RuNE 1,656 14 06/30/03 10:06 PM
by fIsh in my head

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,642 topic views. 6 members, 27 guests and 170 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.