Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #23277548 -

Damn that thing is a real beauty MH. Im not really into white flowers but i dig those.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23295650 -

update #2

will probably graft all of these soon.


see anything special for grafting here?



see anything special for grafting here?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: drakenov]
    #23295713 -

drakenov said:
update #2

will probably graft all of these soon.


see anything special for grafting here?



see anything special for grafting here?




Whst are you startng in that middle pot? They look rather elongated.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23295751 -

they are and they're loph.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: drakenov]
    #23295770 -

Graft the fattest, largest ones.
I killed my bridgesii and lophs that weren't williamsii, luckily still have about 20 Willis from Spain, they were inside on the day of the massacre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: the_r3dz]
    #23295855 -

Graft the long ones. Right at thw top.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23306290 -

Hi all,
Here is my update.
Sorry for the lawsy focus, I was struglin with the iPhone's auto focus.
Thought i owed u some pics, so here they are, I'm currently out of town so when  back I'll post better pics.
Turbi pseudopectinatus


Loph koheresii


Loph koheresii


Turbi pseudopectinatus


Turbi pseudopectinatus


A self watering pot with new grafts


Astrophytum myriostigma


Turbi lophophoroides


Turbi pseudopectinatus


Ario kotschoubeyanus


Albino Mammi. sp.


Albino Ario sp.



Some more stocks in self watering pots. I gave my pereskiopsis the bigger root space i could.







--------------------
This account is run by a fictional character. Any relation to reality is mere coincidence.


“Stupidity is an attempt to iron out all differences, and not to use them or value them creatively.”
― Bill Mollison


“If you don't have a plan, you become part of somebody else's plan.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ceiba]
    #23306303 -

Damn, after seeing fuzz's loph i keep tel long myself "its the first to flower, not the largest"

Mostly_harmless thats a really nice plant u got there, pretty flowers too. I must confess I'm a strombo addict, just love those guys


--------------------
This account is run by a fictional character. Any relation to reality is mere coincidence.


“Stupidity is an attempt to iron out all differences, and not to use them or value them creatively.”
― Bill Mollison


“If you don't have a plan, you become part of somebody else's plan.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ceiba] * 1
    #23313526 -

Update #whatever. 8 week old Lophophora alberto-vojtechii:


Escobaria abdita, sown April 15 and grafted May 8 (one of them will be regrafted before it withers away...) (6 weeks old):
~

Turbinicarpus pseudopectinatus 'rubriflorus', sown April 15 and grafted May 8 (6 weeks old):


That's seven plants. I still have got to graft some Astrophytum "Superkabuto", maybe I'll do it later this week (I've been away on a small vacation).


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares] * 2
    #23322953 -

Nice progress LSoares :smile:
Is it a crested areole what I see on that loph. ablerto-vojtechii?

I got borrowed a camera so here are better pictures:

T. pseudopectinatus sown 04/28/2016, sorry but i don't remember the exact graft date of any, meybe i have it in previous posts, i know it was around mid may. Gotta write things down more often...
I had shitloads of work repotting plants and so on, that i forgot.
Its one of the two in the small pot:


T. pseudopectinatus sown 04/28/2016 the other one in the small pot:


L. koehresii sown 04/30/2016 I've been having terrible germination lately, both in this and the 04/13 batch (in which none have prouted yet). In this i got 2 to sprout out of ~20 seeds, which are the ones grafted. This is one of the three plantules grafted to one pereskiops stock.


Next koehresii:


And the third one, T. pseudopectinatus sown 04/28/2016.


Now the ones in the self watering pot (have great hopes in these, i was away for one week and they've grown quite something)

Astro. myriostigma sown 05/13/2016:


T. ysabelae sown 04/30/2016:


albino? Ario. sp. (from the seed mix) sown 04/30/2016:


T. pseudopectinatus sown 04/28/2016:


another T. pseudopectinatus:


T. lophophoroides x ? sown 04/30/2016:


Ario. kotscho. var. elephantidens sown 05/13/2016, the only one so far:


albino? Mammillaria sp.:


--------------------
This account is run by a fictional character. Any relation to reality is mere coincidence.


“Stupidity is an attempt to iron out all differences, and not to use them or value them creatively.”
― Bill Mollison


“If you don't have a plan, you become part of somebody else's plan.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ceiba]
    #23323907 -

Awesome stuff tpu guys. Youre definately killing it. :awethumb:


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ceiba]
    #23324564 -

ceiba said:
Nice progress LSoares :smile:
Is it a crested areole what I see on that loph. ablerto-vojtechii?




Thank you. :smile:
I don't know, I think it is just a hipster Loph wearing a moustache. :laugh:

You're doing fine yourself, I have a soft spot for Turbinicarpus. I had never grafted any of these before and they are exploding, it's amazing. Regrafted the failed Escobaria abdita yesterday, hope it takes. I used my lazy&sloppy approach of cutting the stock further down and regrafting to it again, we'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll do the Astro grafts today.

Those two albino are very interesting, I hope they start growing. :smile:


--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: LSoares]
    #23324611 -

ceiba - I am totally gob-smacked by the awesome detail in your superb pics.  Brilliant !!!!


--------------------
I am currently BANNED from using Private Messages - so can anyone who wants to contact me do it via my Journal thread.  Link is https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23831115

Maybe some mod or whatever might think this has now been long enough.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Spanishfly]
    #23330250 -

Got bored so I decided to graft one seedling of Super Kabutos

Update #3

The top of a seedling

The botttom part with the roots grafted


I would really love a macro lens for my camera.... lol

Edited by drakenov (06/11/16 01:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: drakenov] * 1
    #23354541 -

My lone entry.

Lophophora alberto-vojtechii


I hadnt entered it the minute i knew it stuck. I didnt want to jinx it. I have some luck people. :facepalm:


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #23354809 -

My one lowly contender got bumped and fell halfway off. Cut and regrafted on Wednesday. Fingers are crossed but it's looking pretty sad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: jimmyBbuffet]
    #23372137 -

The sowing window closed on 20th June. Good luck to all still in!


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #23384142 -

Hey.

3 of my 5 grafts made it.

Number one : Lophophora alberto-v. Rather good connection, stock stopped pupping one week ago.

Number two : Red flowering astro. asterias. Weak connection, stock still pupping.

Number three : Super kabuto asterias. Strong connection. It pupped from the vascular connection and two more pups are coming on the main head. I think this one will be wonderful !


These grafts are like 2 months old... I should really stop grafting to unrooted peres :thumbdown: Anyways, a burst of growth is coming ! :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: Argyreia]
    #23384191 -

Looks like I'm out gentlemen,  my last one failed to regraft. Good luck to those still in it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cactus Grafting Competition 2016 [Re: jimmyBbuffet]
    #23384559 -

I thought I was out because of mite damage causing no growth for quite some time. Recently it pupped and has started picking up speed.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cactus Grafting Competition 2013/2014
( 1 2 3 4 ... 29 30 )
naum 41,007 587 08/23/14 05:51 PM
by naum
* Grafting Competition 2012/2013
( 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 )
modern.shaman 28,915 332 01/27/14 03:08 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Grafting Contest 2013/2014 Pre-Contest Discussion Thread
( 1 2 all )
naum 2,914 26 09/16/13 06:52 PM
by ferrel_human
* Best grafts poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 841 8 09/23/14 02:45 AM
by LSoares
* Most beautiful poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 905 9 09/23/14 02:55 AM
by LSoares
* Best freaks poll - Cactus Grafting Comp 2013/2014 Mostly_HarmlessM 798 8 09/23/14 02:46 AM
by LSoares
* need help/advice with graft
( 1 2 all )
tryptonite 6,928 22 02/22/13 02:15 AM
by Juke Adro
* *NEW ARTICLE* Published Report Shows That Grafted Lophophora Remain Active And Other Issues Debunked
( 1 2 3 all )
modern.shaman 13,209 56 07/09/13 02:47 AM
by intelligentlife

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
44,477 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.