Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: JustForToday]
    #23201983 -

JustForToday said:
Enjoywho said:
Spent all last week tearing up a roof. Was terrifying working near the edge.
zappaisgod said:
Enjoywho said:
I'm well worth 30+ an hour. Sorry for ranting :lol:



By being a busboy?



Nah I haven't worked in restaurants in years. All though I'm very good at it. I miss the atmosphere. Now I'm getting a journeyman shit in restoring houses.

I do miss all the cute ass girlies. Hostessing. All of them were way to hot for me but they were forced to spend 5-6 hours with me.



False. A girl is never too hot for anyone. With that mindset I'm not surprised you didn't get any of them.

But no worries. I was the same exact way a year ago and even came on here with my problem to shroomery. Long story short. My cock was wet in no time with some hot girls.



Agreed. Looking at my track record they were gorgeous. And they all loved me. No bussers at the hostess stand. I literally created that rule. As I always talked to the pretty girls in my downtime.

Hehe I was talking to one of them and my boss said ask her out already or go do something else. :lol:

He got me a date.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: idiotek]
    #23201986 -

Geoff Peterson said:
zappaisgod said:
Geoff Peterson said:
Anything over 6 feet high and you better be using fall protection.  OSHA don't fuck around.



I have never once seen OSHA on a job.  They would be horrified.  Do you know what else?  Neither I nor anyone who has worked with or for me in 40 years has ever fallen off a roof or gotten seriously hurt at all



Yeah, that was mostly a joke.  I actually was on a job where OSHA showed up, apparently having been summoned by a "concerned neighbor".  Multiple counts of working without fall protection, at about 10 grand per count.  The roof was ridiculous, like a 3 or 4/12 and super walkable.  I believe it was arbitrated to a much lower fine due to the immediate compliance via everyone harnessing up and using ropes, etc.



OSHA is a prime example of over-regulation.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #23202000 -

Live within your means. It would cost $10,000-$40,000 to BUILD a small, reasonable home. You work until you're 45 or less and can retire.


--------------------
The hotter the battle, the sweeter Jah victory.
Put the heathen's back upon the wall.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #23202002 -

I'm working for my buddes dad remodeling. I have a whole story he told me to say when the state showed up and there's no building permit. And I was tearing the roof off by myself.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: LittleDaddy]
    #23202007 -

LittleDaddy said:
Live within your means. It would cost $10,000-$40,000 to BUILD a small, reasonable home. You work until you're 45 or less and can retire.



But I'm not going to be as cool at 45. Not going to be ablre to get the bitchss I do now. Boring.

I always say I'm not going to be young and cute forever. Why I've moved states twice. My friend gave me an opportunity to move to Montana. Sure why not never been sounds fun. :shrug:


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Edited by Enjoywho (05/08/16 11:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: Mescalean]
    #23202038 -

Mescalean said:
College is a waste unless you specifically have a career in mind that requires schooling. Like being a Dr. Most of the kids I went to school with chose four years for some arts bullshit. Some ( I know them personally and they are lazy shits) talked mommy and daddy into 8 years, for some BS degree. Can go to college all you want but the truly smarts ones are the ones who don't have to shell out money to learn to win in this system. They do by themselves.



Hehe I got accepted to Arizona state. When I visited I went into a zumiez or some shit and was talking to the dude that worked there. He told me only go here if mommy and daddy are paying for it because your going to be fucked up the entire time.

I ended up going to uaa in my home state. I fucking hate Arizona. I'm alaskan it's too fucking hot. Same with Florida. Fuck that.

I'm a broke ass basic bitch. I didn't pay 270 to park I stealth parked. Got 2 45$ tickets. Paying for the right to do homework. Ya fuck you.

I graduated with 20 extra credits in high school. Half a year I didn't even have to go could have graduated early but my sister decided to be a freshman so I was her ride. I think I took photography I was already awake. :lol:


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Edited by Enjoywho (05/08/16 11:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: Enjoywho]
    #23202101 -

The only thing I'll never forget was my math teacher. He said this phrase worth the thousand. It's using known formulas to get predictable results. That makes so much sense and it was algebra 1. I'd stare at my tests and mull that around.

As I took 2 years between HS and college. Never missed more than one problem.

Algebra is fun as fuck. I use it daily. Once youve gotten to calc math isn't fun anymore. Imaginary numbers? The fuc


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Edited by Enjoywho (05/08/16 11:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: idiotek]
    #23202123 -

Geoff Peterson said:
What exactly makes you worth $30 an hour?  Are you particularly skilled in something other than, "talking pretty girls out of there money"?



I am now all though I prefer that because I love pretty girls. I shake crab like a boss now and can build a house. My parents taught me to be a good worker I take pride in anything I do. I miss restaurant work. I know exactly how to run a restaurant. I've gotten fired for calling the "manager" a fucking dipshit. You literally have no clue. Your worthless basically. Shut the fuck up and let me work.

When I'm making more than the manager for 3.5 years in high school ya your dumb. The suits want to think there in control but I'm the grease that kept that place turning. Monday and Tuesday I always sent the other busser home. It's fucking slow let me make money. Easily cleared 100$ in cash they were the best days.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Edited by Enjoywho (05/08/16 11:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: Enjoywho]
    #23202161 -

Enjoywho said:
LittleDaddy said:
Live within your means. It would cost $10,000-$40,000 to BUILD a small, reasonable home. You work until you're 45 or less and can retire.



But I'm not going to be as cool at 45. Not going to be ablre to get the bitchss I do now. Boring.

I always say I'm not going to be young and cute forever. Why I've moved states twice. My friend gave me an opportunity to move to Montana. Sure why not never been sounds fun. :shrug:



Yeah, that perspective isn't going to satisfy you. You're bound to age and get ugly if you don't die early - its life man.
Doesn't mean you can't have fun while you're working. You don't have to have a 9-5. If you build a small house, or small house on a trailer you don't have to work as much. If it's on a trailer you can move.


--------------------
The hotter the battle, the sweeter Jah victory.
Put the heathen's back upon the wall.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: LittleDaddy]
    #23202171 -

Don't remind me. I got to find a pretty girl soonish. I don't have my 6 pack anymore. Now I get by on my words and I'm not half bad looking. :lol:


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: LittleDaddy]
    #23202176 -

LittleDaddy said:
Live within your means. It would cost $10,000-$40,000 to BUILD a small, reasonable home. You work until you're 45 or less and can retire.



this is what I've been saying lately..no reason a home needs to cost 200 grand. maybe even find a way to escape building codes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #23202199 -

rbalzer said:
LittleDaddy said:
Live within your means. It would cost $10,000-$40,000 to BUILD a small, reasonable home. You work until you're 45 or less and can retire.



this is what I've been saying lately..no reason a home needs to cost 200 grand. maybe even find a way to escape building codes



Yeah, it's hard to build tiny homes to code, if you even can - a lot of places have square footage requirements; but it's a new idea that's gaining traction and a lot of inspectors are open to it.


--------------------
The hotter the battle, the sweeter Jah victory.
Put the heathen's back upon the wall.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #23202200 -

Well. Whatever you do. I wish you the best brother.:thumbup:


--------------------
Hey Shae, Are you still doing that hand thing? I heard you was doing that hand thing today. Oh God what is that?!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #23202230 -

rbalzer said:
LittleDaddy said:
Live within your means. It would cost $10,000-$40,000 to BUILD a small, reasonable home. You work until you're 45 or less and can retire.



this is what I've been saying lately..no reason a home needs to cost 200 grand. maybe even find a way to escape building codes



We don't pay rent. We got a 2 bedroom trailer that's actually nice. The landlord we basically do random work for her as we're young and know construction. She owns the house next to us and runs a day care through it. :shrug: it's a great set up and I average about 1400-1600.

We've been fixing it up turned the water off in winter without draining the pipes. What the fuck. That's been a hassle still don't have running water. We actually need to ask the landlord if we can buy the land. She was just going to demolish it. It's easily worth 50 grand when we get done with it.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: idiotek]
    #23202282 -

Geoff Peterson said:
Chakra Shock said:
As long as you're studying something which you will really value and appreciate then there's nothing to lose. Don't just go into it thinking about making money... I know it's hard to hear this coming from having very little, but material wealth is not true happiness. It takes the inner fire, burning to all maximum brightness, living to one's fullest in the quest for truth, to find true happiness. And once you get there, you don't need a reason to be happy, you simply are. Maybe you already feel this way,
but if happiness is your goal, then just study and work for what you love, not for what's going to make you rich.




This is exactly why so many people are graduating from college with no prospective job opportunities, which forces them to seek low skilled and low paying jobs. 

There is something to be said for the arts and the virtues of academia for its own sake, but taking on incredible amounts of debt to chase fleeting moments of happiness is a fool's errand.



a life of doing what one loves is not a fool's errand. A life of devotion to one's way ( it could be chemistry, arts, business ffs, just whatever you love ) does not yield "fleeting moments of happiness" but a deep, invaluable tranquility and peace, from which happiness springs effortlessly.

It's that mindset, the one that pushes "job opportunities" like a doctor pushing pain pills, which causes the neuroses in people that drive them away from their passions and trusting their flow.

OP, you say you took a music theory class and an astronomy class and that they were too easy ( albeit far too expensive )... well, that sounds to me like you barely even had your foot in the door of finding out what it is you want to do before turning the other way.

Do you know what it is you want to do other than make money? Because you don't have to go to college to pursue it, just saying college is not the end all and be all of a life's work.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: Enjoywho]
    #23202457 -

U moved to butte right? That was evel kneivals hometown ,crazy guy,he went to a santarium and signed up 200 nuts for life insurance,in so cal everyone just lives in their vehicles,third world country basically


--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: Enjoywho]
    #23202469 -

Enjoywho said:
I'm working for my buddes dad remodeling. I have a whole story he told me to say when the state showed up and there's no building permit. And I was tearing the roof off by myself.



Around here the state is irrelevant to permitting, it is strictly local, and you don't need a permit to replace a roof or siding.  It is considered a repair.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: 5150] * 1
    #23203355 -

5150 said:
U moved to butte right? That was evel kneivals hometown ,crazy guy,he went to a santarium and signed up 200 nuts for life insurance,in so cal everyone just lives in their vehicles,third world country basically



I live in SoCal and my commute is like 8 minutes. Fuck that city rat race.


Op knowing how to run the front of the house is a really simple concept, once you get into food and beverage costs, current trends, advertising, maintaining food quality and cleanliness you can get a chip on your shoulder. Just saying fuck you dumbass to your manager only exhibits your failure to excel with such an incompetent supervisor.

Anyone looking to build a house for 10k well it is either an earthship made of mud or a shack.

If you want financial independence you have to play the game and be lucky. Budgets are a tool although I never have adhered to one, if you don't have enough money work smarter and harder. Know your true worth.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: ReposadoXochipilli] * 1
    #23204481 -

ReposadoXochipilli said:
5150 said:
U moved to butte right? That was evel kneivals hometown ,crazy guy,he went to a santarium and signed up 200 nuts for life insurance,in so cal everyone just lives in their vehicles,third world country basically



I live in SoCal and my commute is like 8 minutes. Fuck that city rat race.


Op knowing how to run the front of the house is a really simple concept, once you get into food and beverage costs, current trends, advertising, maintaining food quality and cleanliness you can get a chip on your shoulder. Just saying fuck you dumbass to your manager only exhibits your failure to excel with such an incompetent supervisor.

Anyone looking to build a house for 10k well it is either an earthship made of mud or a shack.

If you want financial independence you have to play the game and be lucky. Budgets are a tool although I never have adhered to one, if you don't have enough money work smarter and harder. Know your true worth.



you can build a house for 10K. just don't make it over 200 sq. ft.

Work smarter and harder - typical advice. All that ever did to me was burn me out.
I like to chill out and get by. Works well.


--------------------
The hotter the battle, the sweeter Jah victory.
Put the heathen's back upon the wall.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Indentured servitude. [Re: LittleDaddy]
    #23204529 -

LittleDaddy said:
ReposadoXochipilli said:
5150 said:
U moved to butte right? That was evel kneivals hometown ,crazy guy,he went to a santarium and signed up 200 nuts for life insurance,in so cal everyone just lives in their vehicles,third world country basically



I live in SoCal and my commute is like 8 minutes. Fuck that city rat race.


Op knowing how to run the front of the house is a really simple concept, once you get into food and beverage costs, current trends, advertising, maintaining food quality and cleanliness you can get a chip on your shoulder. Just saying fuck you dumbass to your manager only exhibits your failure to excel with such an incompetent supervisor.

Anyone looking to build a house for 10k well it is either an earthship made of mud or a shack.

If you want financial independence you have to play the game and be lucky. Budgets are a tool although I never have adhered to one, if you don't have enough money work smarter and harder. Know your true worth.



you can build a house for 10K. just don't make it over 200 sq. ft.

Work smarter and harder - typical advice. All that ever did to me was burn me out.
I like to chill out and get by. Works well.



Agreed, I'll take a good life today and tomorrow over a never ending race.

Still need to get my shit together but even if I were to work as a line cook again, in the long run it would be manageable to take off at least half the year.

Different priorities, I'm done trying to live other people's lives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Garbage Warrior / Earthships cryptic_pickle 669 12 06/08/09 11:58 PM
by cryptic_pickle
* Earthships -- Sustainable Architecture C20H25N3O 556 9 05/07/10 12:32 PM
by C20H25N3O
* Jordan Peterson takes antidepressants ??!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
NOUS333 5,510 142 02/08/20 11:03 AM
by viraldrome
* Dr. Jordan B Peterson
( 1 2 3 all )
schwarg 2,411 47 05/22/17 10:03 AM
by Tantrika
* Thoughts on Jordan Peterson? (Looking for good debaters) Parasyte 588 12 02/14/18 09:11 PM
by Parasyte
* 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
Patlal 8,475 185 08/10/13 12:43 AM
by Konyap
* are you smarter than most of your peers?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
morrowasted 9,040 122 04/28/14 09:27 PM
by xbloodwhipx
* Who is smarter, men or women?
( 1 2 all )
Cubiks Rubensis 4,895 35 04/03/09 10:18 AM
by TM

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,926 topic views. 3 members, 29 guests and 209 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.