Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  [ show all ]
20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average
    #18678346 -

A very interesting article I just found.

http://www.businessinsider.com/20-scientifically-proven-signs-youre-smarter-than-average-2010-12?op=1

They say its scientifically proven, but still, I have my doubts. Interesting nonetheless.

How many of the 20 do you have?
What's your score?
You may choose only one


Votes accepted from 08/08/13 12:04 PM until the end of time

View the results of this poll



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: Patlal]
    #18678351 -

I scored fifteen only because I wasn't sure about the other 5. I might have a higher score. woot!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: Patlal]
    #18678360 -

I scored 15 - I was unsure of 3 of them so I didn't count them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: Patlal]
    #18678361 -

I don't know about any of the ones about my mom being pregnant, but I got about 8. Woo.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: Patlal]
    #18678364 -

I score about 11.5, assuming I don't have a big brain and I don't know if my mom had morning sickness.

How many of the 20 factors do I need to have to qualify for being 'smarter than average'?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: Patlal]
    #18678365 -

12, not sure I remember being a fetus or how much tuna I ate at the time.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: Patlal] * 2
    #18678370 -

meh, i'm like everyone of those things, except i'm Short as a mofo.

oh and i'm not a liberal, whatever the frig that means. i can't believe they added that one. :lol:

(PS: i didn't read the article :haha: )

Edited by akira_akuma (08/08/13 03:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: koraks]
    #18678372 -

Oh, I do have a PhD, does that help any, or am I still a dumb fucker?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: akira_akuma]
    #18678377 -

These are all just correlations anyway.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: Patlal]
    #18678382 -

To lazy to read the whole thing, I know drug use has shown levels of intelligence.  I just know my medical IQ text I scored 127 I know it's not crazy and I don't consider myself smart but I'm quick witted for sure.


--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: jewunit]
    #18678384 -

jewunit said:
I don't know about any of the ones about my mom being pregnant, but I got about 8. Woo.



This except 9.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: akira_akuma]
    #18678386 -

akira_akuma said:
meh, i'm like everyone of those things, except i'm Short as a mofo.

oh and i'm not a liberal, whatever the frig that means. ii can't believe they added that one. :lol:



I'm assuming they mean socially, as in pro-choice and whatnot.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: Patlal]
    #18678387 -

Hard to say what weight my brain has, nor do I know if my mother had morning sickness!

Otherwise very interesting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: Patlal]
    #18678389 -

I had around  like 17 give or take a couple :whoo:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: The Doobie Dude]
    #18678390 -

I think the typical frequent poster is smarter than average, really. For one thing, they're used to dealing with lots of words, which is generally something that separates the dumb from the smart. Generalizing? Sure. Now prove me wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: 28064212]
    #18678396 -

i got everything but being tall , blue eyes and left and maybe a couple more :smile: damn im a genius o_O wtf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: koraks]
    #18678409 -

8

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: Kinko]
    #18678413 -

my dad made me use my right hand when i was a baby, would take things out of my left and put it in my right, because he was superstitious and afraid of superstitious backlash, and was an idiot.

does this still make me left handed, considering i am naturally left handed, Pub?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: akira_akuma]
    #18678418 -

Nah man, your father eroded your budding intelligence in your youth. It's unrecoverable. No fucking excuses.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 20 scientifically proven signs that you are smarter than average [Re: tlien]
    #18678423 -

soo one of them said people who do drugs, including tobacco, are generally more intelligent and then about 10 down from that it said people who don't smoke are generally more intelleigent....or did i read that wrong?


--------------------
Tis not by irony that nature itself kills the beast.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Study Shows 'Men Smarter Than Women' g00n 1,329 12 08/28/05 12:30 PM
by ummikko
* EU-residents, please read and sign the petition. Young_but_cool 2,113 15 04/17/05 04:31 PM
by In(di)go
* What's your sign?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ShroomismM 5,919 70 03/06/23 11:12 PM
by lavod
* Your sign.
( 1 2 3 all )
CaRnAgECaNdYS 2,989 41 05/29/05 06:33 PM
by Shroomism
* average IQ of states vs. election results
( 1 2 all )
angryjslice 4,567 24 11/04/04 11:10 AM
by Annom
* What's your sign?
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 6,203 54 12/19/19 08:55 AM
by TravlnMujichin
* Speaking of your sign.. post your natal chart!
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 3,948 38 05/31/05 03:08 AM
by flowstone
* How to identify shroomerites in public? Secret sign?
( 1 2 3 all )
myndreach 3,626 52 07/24/05 06:16 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
8,475 topic views. 2 members, 6 guests and 73 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.074 seconds spending 0.041 seconds on 24 queries.