Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |  [ show all ]
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: Masked]
    #22932128 -

I have lost 28lbs in 35 days!

I do use drugs which I'm sure affect appetite amongst other things.

But I do a lot of cardio and lifting.

I also take a daily regimen/cycle of Vitamins,herbs, etc.

I have also greatly reduced my poor eating habits and have begun to eat more granola and yogurt :thumbup:

This is despite having hypothyroidism :shrug:

Yes, I've been tested for diseases.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: flickedbic]
    #22932750 -

Thanks all the great Input!

Personally I think melatonin should only be used 2 days a week max,
Because it's an endogenous hormone the fear is that your brain will stop producing its own if you supplement it too often.

Amazing antioxidant though so I like to use it a few days a week to cleanse free radicals and radiation .

I am so happy I finally found a good milk replacement!

I will never drink milk again so I can finally reduce dairy.

Try valerian root to alternate with melatonin.
It's a safe, effective sedative shown to improve sleep quality (unlike benzos which decrease it)

Taking regular breaks from kratom (50% of days ) will help my endogenous opioid systems return
To homeostasis and that will be good for me.

Oh someone asked what has been up with my health.

Well I recently was in Antigua for a week , about three weeks ago.

Before that trip I was working out hours a day.
During that trip I was more active and physical then ever.

But on the way home I got food poisoning and was crazy sick for
A day or two , then felt broke down and exhausted for like a
Week. I also developed a dislocated clavicle injury and cold.

Basically since the trip I have had much lower energy levels, more
Muscle and joint aches and soreness, haven't been able to do a proper workout like I used
To, sore fingers, feet, knees and back, and just not feeling as vital as
I used to be.

I think I am starting to get better now though.

Changing my diet, adding these supplements, and doing massage and Physio , all will help.

Also talking a full month break from alcohol and buying a vape so I don't ever smoke weed again.

Really hopeful all that will really rehabilitate me .

Thanks so much for all the great feedback everyone !

What a great community of health knowledge!

Apple cider vinegar to reduce Acidity and Turmeric to
Reduce inflammation and d vitamin to Correct a deficiency .

Using a shitty pipe for way
Too long has also been bad for my lungs so a vape is long
Overdue.


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: Moonshoe]
    #22934110 -

Moonshoe, if you actually want to repair your opioid receptors do yourself a favor and buy some memantine. But if you do that, don't start using Kratom again multiple times a week or it will just be a neverending cycle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: morrowasted]
    #22934200 -

Can you please elaborate ?

How does mementine repair opiate receptors ?

Does it do so better then ketamine , dxm or other NMDA antagonists ?

Have you had personal experience using it for this purpose ?

What dose, roa etc did you use?

Any and all elaboration on this topic would be very appreciated !

Please explain as much as possible.


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Edited by Moonshoe (02/22/16 04:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: morrowasted]
    #22934523 -

What is a safe number of times per week that it can be used?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: Epigallo]
    #22934579 -


Kratom can be used daily without any significant danger, but dependence and withdrawal will eventually develop with daily use.

For that reason I strongly recommend not using kratom more then 4 days a week.

I can't speak to how often memantine can be safely used.


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: Epigallo]
    #22934580 -

Moonshoe said:
Personally I think melatonin should only be used 2 days a week max,




I agree, and people also need to realize the various dosages out there for melatonin as well. Avoid the 5mg dosages, it's too much. It'll help you sleep and feel rested in most cases, but can seriously screw with your sleep schedule. I personally stick to 1mg or 2 mg doses, and only when I have a need to sleep earlier than my body will allow me to. Overdosing on melatonin (7-10mg range) has some very odd effects, and can potentially hurt your sleep quite a bit in the long term. Taking too much melatonin is counter productive to the task at hand, and can actually keep you more awake in many instances.

It's not a catch all supplement (meaning it doesn't have the same effect every time you take it)- sometimes it will keep you awake and most of the time it will help you sleep. It depends a lot on various factors such as when you take it, how tired you are when taking it, etc. It's not something you should take if you are already tired enough to sleep for instance. That may leave you feeling more tired when you wake up in the morning - assuming you have a schedule to wake up to that is.

Melatonin is one of my favorite supplements however. I used to have insomnia when I was younger, and harder sleep medications didn't help (in fact quite the opposite). By insomnia I don't mean being awake late every night, it was legitimate and I saw doctors for it frequently. Melatonin helped get me on track, and once I established a regular sleep schedule it just stopped.

I can take melatonin whenever my sleep schedule is getting off course, it's great for that purpose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: PatrickKn]
    #22934828 -

Most melatonin supplements are too strong – you only need 150mcg for men or 100mcg for women, but the common dosage you can buy is 3mg = 3,000mcg. Unless you’re shifting your sleep time to earlier or later, I don’t recommend using melatonin without fully understanding what it does. Yes, I will blog about that too!

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/sleep-hacking-part-3-falling-asleep-fast-with-biochemistry/


--------------------
I need this, right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: Moonshoe]
    #22934874 -

Moonshoe said:
Can you please elaborate ?

How does mementine repair opiate receptors ?

Does it do so better then ketamine , dxm or other NMDA antagonists ?

Have you had personal experience using it for this purpose ?

What dose, roa etc did you use?

Any and all elaboration on this topic would be very appreciated !

Please explain as much as possible.



Well it is cleaner than DXM and ket. It doesn't hit all those other receptors that make you trip. I have heard anecdotal reports that DXM 30-45mg works too but not as well. I haven't used it but I just ordered some. It comes in a nasal spray solution that you're supposed to use daily for, say, a couple weeks. It is prescribed alongside opioids sometimes to prevent the buildup of tolerance, but if you're not taking any it will reverse tolerance. Supposedly also repairs dopamine and serotonin tolerance which is mostly why I am getting it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: Kalendula] * 1
    #22934902 -

Kalendula said:
Most melatonin supplements are too strong – you only need 150mcg for men or 100mcg for women, but the common dosage you can buy is 3mg = 3,000mcg. Unless you’re shifting your sleep time to earlier or later, I don’t recommend using melatonin without fully understanding what it does. Yes, I will blog about that too!

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/sleep-hacking-part-3-falling-asleep-fast-with-biochemistry/



thanks I will be sure to read any articles he has on melatonin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: topdog82]
    #22934908 -

Hi topdog82

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: Cowb0yNeal00]
    #22935065 -

Cowb0yNeal00 said:
Hi topdog82



watup brah

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: topdog82]
    #22955512 -

I am doing the same, Moonshoe.
I relapsed on poppy pods, cigarettes and energy drinks but I am still concerned about improving my life greatly in other aspects and at least trying and wanting to change.
I am currently having:

One large Garlic glove a day
3grams of Fish Oil high in EPA and DHA daily
Turmeric root and Piperine extract capsule once or twice daily
One Ginger root capsule daily
One multi-mineral and vitamin tablet daily

I have cut back on takeaways to once or twice a week. I am drinking alot less dairy. I am eating alot healthier in general.

I will start eating powdered Reishi soon. I also have Cordyceps, Chaga and Lion's Mane fruit body/mycelium capsule extracts I plan to add into my daily regime.

I already have a very good blender so I am going to start buying vegetables and fruits to make a smoothie.
Whenever I have the motivation, I do some push-ups and squats.

:super:


--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: daz01] * 1
    #22955542 -

Great stuff ! :thumbup:

I have been feeling much better . My energy levels an mood are improving a lot and I am starting to feel like my self again.

I have been mostly vegetarian and cut down on dairy and carbs.

Eating mostly raw salads and lots of healthy fats.

Replaced milk with hemp milk and love it.

Taking one big scoop of a quality vegan protein blend each day (no soy in it )

Feeling emotionally happier, physically healthier and spiritually more "clear"

Really enjoying lots of probiotics - pill, kefir, high fat sugar free yogurt

Eating lots of healthy fats- coconut oil, olive oil, avacados.

Really feeling better . Also haven't been drinking alcohol , and taking kratom only on half of the days.

Also doing physiotherapy and deep tissue massage and it's helping.

Cheers to healthy living !

:cheers:


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: Moonshoe]
    #22955594 -

Some foods get healthier when you cook them, also
Not overcook
Plus, all that cellulose
Isn't that like, less fiber then? I don't know


When I found out how carb filled milk was, I wanted to cry
I'm a fucking white person
Dairy is who

          We
            Are.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: specialpeopleclub]
    #22955775 -

I am white and I love cheese with all my heart
I also love yogurt
But milk is gross
Much much easier for me to give up
I am so happy I finally found a good milk substitute - I drink hemp milk now and it's great
All other milk replacements I tried were awful

Anyways now I can enjoy my cheese and yogurt but cut out milk so my fair in take is lower

It's not the carbs in milk that bother me
It's the way dairy causes you to be all
Phlegmatic and how it apparently greatly increases cancer risk

I had a dream recently where someone told me milk is deadly poison
I think it was my subconscious warning me

I think milk definitely causes cancer


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: Moonshoe]
    #22955814 -

Nut milk is delicious. I worry about the physical properties of completely liquifying a food. Peanut butter, for example, seems to cause problems. I doubt plain peanuts would.
Plus, !ilk is upper Paleolithic
Been eating it longer then grains


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: Moonshoe]
    #22955881 -

I drink Almond Milk now, shit is good. Coconut is awesome but is expensive.
Soda milk is disgusting and 99% of Soya milk products have added sugar, sweeteners and vitamins/minerals. 
Silly people. Buying Soya milk because it is over sweetened and has the "super awesome added extra calcium and Vitamin D". :ahahaha::huxleyfacepalm:


--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: Moonshoe]
    #22955907 -

If you can, get your hands on some RAW unpasteurized cow's milk from healthy grass fed cows, it's a fucking world of difference.

I'll leave it to you to do the research on the differences between that and most commercially produced pasteurized milk and why they pasteurize it and what it does the beneficial bacteria and the health differences between the two.

If you got some amish near you they can probably hook it up.

I drink mostly hemp and almond milk because it's cheaper, but when I can I get me some raw milk and holy fucking balls that shit is good. And super good for you.
Even lactose intolerant people can drink raw milk.
Pasteurizing milk kills off all the beneficial bacteria and enzymes that make it easy to digest.
Grass fed healthy cows produce healthy milk..
The reason commercial milk is pasteurized, is because of all the shit and blood and feces in it.
It's held to a much lower standard.. and the cows are often overmilked, fed an unnatural diet of mostly grains.. drugged up on all kinds of growth hormones and antibiotics, and even sick, and much lower standards for cleanliness. They HAVE to pasteurize that shit.

Yeah most milk is 'bad'. But raw milk from healthy cows isn't. It has all the necessary bacteria and enzymes for proper digestion, tastes 10x better than pasteurized milk, and is actually really fucking good for you.

You don't have to give up milk. Just get the good shit.
Ironically, or logically.. a gallon of raw milk is usually like at least 2x expensive as normal milk unless you are getting it direct from the farmer.
Raw milk producers hold themselves to MUCH higher standards of cleanliness and quality though and they don't milk sick cows so....
I've never once gotten remotely sick from raw milk and I've been drinking it for a few years... it makes me feel alive. But I drink enough pasteurized milk in a day I can pretty much guarantee you I'll have the shits.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radical Diet Change [Re: Shroomism]
    #22955929 -

We have some of them. I passed a carriage recently. I'm pretty sure we have a huge group. Imtruelynhate that you can't even sell unpasteurized milkmin this pathetic nannunstate run by morons

I don't like China and theirmhistoeynis a bit more, over a thousand years, then ours, but look at 'american' food and look at theirs. Then'nest' country with garbage food
We only grow three native foods commercially
Cran and blue berries. And something else. Corn maybe


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Raw Milk Diet
( 1 2 3 all )
passifloracaerulea 2,348 42 01/21/19 03:32 AM
by Liaam
* Milk
( 1 2 3 all )
Psilocybeingzz 7,292 56 08/20/03 08:42 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Shroomery Census: Milk
( 1 2 3 all )
circularvortex 7,257 53 04/03/09 09:24 PM
by flexintexan
* PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Redstorm 7,183 75 09/24/08 10:57 PM
by mofo
* .
( 1 2 3 all )
z_x_x_z 3,188 47 04/15/09 11:56 PM
by Rocker232
* Why is organic milk so damn good?
( 1 2 all )
Corporal Kielbasa 5,217 36 03/18/09 06:00 PM
by Gr33nTree73
* The best dairy (milk style) alternative ever came out last week.
( 1 2 all )
PyroBurns 2,249 27 04/06/09 02:17 PM
by PyroBurns
* is milk really that bad?
( 1 2 all )
relativexistance 4,324 36 12/15/05 07:38 PM
by mycovolution

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
14,825 topic views. 5 members, 25 guests and 72 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.