Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Does anyone know if this tek works or has anyone tried it?
    #22936 - 07/02/00 12:43 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Good old Shroom Wizard. His technique will work but it is rather crude and contaminant friendly. i highly recommend reading "The Mushroom Cultivator" written by Paul Stamets and J.S. Chilton in order to gain a greater understand of the mycological process which will allow you to combine invaluble information with low dollar techniques inorder to produce mushrooms will little effort and piece of mind. You may want to visit Shroom Wizard's web site at http://www.shroomwizard.4mg.com/enter.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#22938 - 07/02/00 12:47 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Much too confusing. I suggest you try a more concrete/specific tek, such as the MMGG (Magic Mushroom Growers Guide) which can be found on this site under Grow/Find--Growing Mushrooms--Growing Cubensis. Best of luck...

OfflineGadget
addict

#22939 - 07/02/00 09:41 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

You could read that? Site's a little too busy for my poor old tired eyes.

In any event, FOAF tried Sroom Wizards method once and had poor results. Most likely due to FOAF's ineptitutde.

Foaf's results in an animated gif:

------------------
/Gadget

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there always is."

[This message has been edited by Gadget (edited July 02, 2000).]

Offlineliquidplaya
    #22940 - 07/02/00 09:53 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

What tek or combination of teks for casing does yer FOAF recommend then GAdget?
Shroom wizard supposedly has over 20 years of shroom growing experience.. im sure he wouldn't write a tek that isnt what he thought was the best method..

Anonymous

#22941 - 07/03/00 01:02 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

scientist?? confusing? shroom wizards tech is so retarded a retard could understand it that is the whole point you must be extra retarded. but anyway the point is it is a bad technique i have thought so since the day i read it (months ago) although nothing personally against shroom wizard he is knowledgeable and well verse in cultivation from what i have read on his site.

Anonymous

#22942 - 07/03/00 01:04 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

liquisplaya, yes shroom wizard is old, but this particular tech is not the best method he could think of dumbass it is just a simple method (a bad one at that) for begginers. the best method lol how stupid, love ya!

Anonymous

#22943 - 07/03/00 01:50 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

sean1234, what's your problem? I've noticed that just about every post you make is a negative one. This board is for basic cultivation. If you don't like it, then stick to the advanced board. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting tired of hearing this shit.

Anonymous

#22944 - 07/03/00 01:56 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

sean1234, one quick follow-up. With regards to the tek, I was refering to to the format in which the tek was given (one full page of straight text and nothing more). The tek itself is a simple one, but I'd figure you'd have picked up on the point I was trying to make. Furthermore, I find it ammusing that you call me retarded when you're punctuation and spelling is that if a four-year-old. I loath people who try to ACT knowledgable.

Offlineliquidplaya
    #22945 - 07/03/00 06:19 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Suck my dick sean1234 and answer the question next time... I asked what the best method was, not for your opinion "dumbass"
LOL

Anonymous

#22946 - 07/03/00 09:36 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Hey The Scientist,

Trust me if I cared about my grammer on these forums I would use the edit function often. Second unlike you i actually cultivate mushrooms and do not just pretend like I do on the shroomery. So I am knowledgable about mushroom cultivation besides i answered ILA's question. That grammer thing was a low blow seeing as how no one on these boards give a fuck about their typing. Also, you claim to have first cultivated the cambodia psilocybe cubensis last fall before it was even avilable. I think you are full of shit and you have probably never even attempted to cultivate mushrooms yet. Maybe you coincidently got another strain of cambodia cubensis that came from someone else, not mjshroomer but the cambodia psilocybe cubensis was originally offered through Ryche Hawk and was not available last fall. So where did you get your fast colonizing cambodia cubensis from, another sorce possibly? I need to post some pictures of the mushrooms i grow so stupid kids like you won't talk shit.

[This message has been edited by sean1234 (edited July 03, 2000).]

Offlineliquidplaya
    #22947 - 07/03/00 03:36 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

umm, ya
but can someone answer my question..
what Casing method should I use, which one is the best...

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#22948 - 07/03/00 05:13 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Ahh, just like Jerry Springer. Well here I am with a final thought. . .[doubtful]

I tried SW's tek awhile back and everything succumbed to contamination. However, I think there are many factors to consider here. Where you live [humidity], what spores predominate on you and around you. My recommendation without equivocation is to try a small range of casing teks your first time out. Maybe use soil for one, peat/verm for another, peat/verm/lime, plain verm, you get the idea.
I think the environ you grow in is a very significant factor towards success or failure . I had a very nice system set up in Seattle but as soon as I moved across the mountains I could not keep a casing for the life of me. I've been on this site quite awhile now, and I must say the info is great. But for me much of it still came together after continuous screw ups and finally settling on WHAT WORKED.

OfflineFried Brains
    #22949 - 07/04/00 02:37 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Ila.To answer your question, yes the tek works if followed properly. I have pics to prove it and can dig them out and post on he shroomery if required. It works better in spring as most teks do. The main reason that people get contam with this tek is usually from overmisting, which is relativeley easy to do. Do not expect to get big shrooms. I tried several strains which normally get big, but they didnt get big with this tek. However what they lose on size they make up for with quantity so your yield is still reasonable, and potency is good. What is good about this tek is you can grow shrooms with very little equipment, and the tek is pretty simple. I personally think it is a good way for beginners to try, however that is just my opinion. Good Luck

Anonymous

#22950 - 07/05/00 12:58 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

thank you fried you answered my question the way i wanted it answered thanks. im gonna get the equipment in a few days thanks everybody!

------------------
I Love Acid!!

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #22951 - 07/05/00 08:29 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry, got way too drunk last night. I was drinking fighting cock, and said some mean things about sean. Decided to edit.....
------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

VisitThe Donkey!-just behave

[This message has been edited by mycofile (edited July 05, 2000).]

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinejester
    #22952 - 07/05/00 07:40 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

sean what is your problem you are such a dink have you everused it? Well i am a begginer i have tried twice this is my 3 time and no contam andi am using shrooms wizards tek i got more contam using mmgg than using this tek none of them contamed . i don't see the problem i have also got spores from him and he is reliable. GO for it just follow it and everythingt should go good good luck

jester

Anonymous

#22953 - 07/05/00 09:00 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Im glad someone said this was a decent tek, I never tried it,, and am now with 36 pint jars!!!! 3 different strains. If they go to waste I will be sure to let eveyone know, and be very VERY pissed. Im 2 1/2 weeks into colinization so far. I might use a terrarium on half of em just in case. I used this tek because I dont have the place to put a gazzilion aquariums.

Anonymous

#22954 - 07/06/00 05:09 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I hope it works for you good luck...:}

Offlineliquidplaya
    #22955 - 07/06/00 07:39 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Im doing this tek as well, since no other casing teks seem to be complete on this site.. and I dont know where in hell to get oyster shell or LIME.... wtf..
I just cased my suckas tuesday, we'll see how it goes..

Offlinesnarf
enthusiast
    #22956 - 07/06/00 08:48 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

My friend just cased yesterday. He used equal parts of peat, vermiculite, and crushed oyster shell (the 9er casing method). He got his oyster shells at a feed store. Farmers feed it to chickens as a digestive aid or to help strengthen the shells of the eggs produced, I forget.

------------------
-snarf

[This message has been edited by snarf (edited July 06, 2000).]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck