Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Not so great DXM trip
    #2268300 - 01/24/04 01:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Dose: 400mg of DXM only cough syrup (15mg/5ml)

The first alcohol like effects came on in 30 min after drinking the cough medicine which I now downgraded from 'not bad tasting' to 'if I drink any more of this I'll be sick'. For the next two hours they become stronger as I listened to music and chatted to my friend on MSN. About an hour into it, I was becoming decently 'drunk' and it was hard to concentrate on typing messages, I generally enjoyed these effects. I was beginning to see in double vision and my body felt a little numb, escpecially my face. Soon I became really tired, went to bed, and this is where things took a turn to the unpleasant.

My stomach was felt like it was under tremendous strain from processing the half bottle of syrup. I could hear things bubbling, gasses moving through my intestines, and I continually felt like farting but refrained because I thought I would shit myself while lying in bed. I finally couldn't take it no more and went to the bathroom to shit out my bowels. Never in my life have I ever "pissed shit and syrup" from my asshole. Afterwards I stumbled back to my room, finding it difficult to walk in a straight line, felt like my body was out of balance everytime I took a step.

I somehow managed to work myself into a sleep state but it wasn't a peaceful sleep as my stomach was still nausious. I woke up at about 4am in the morning and kept on hearing the voices of my friends talking to me in my head. I was having delusional thoughts about morphing into objects and frequently would mumble and talk to myself as I turned in my bed. My stomach felt bloated and was cold when I touched it. I needed to do something in order to make it feel and better so I could get some sleep. I decided to get something to drink and eat and I stumbled in the dark like zombie to my kitchen. After returning I started farting incredible amounts of gas, but it felt so good on my stomach. For another 2 - 3 hours I was having trouble getting to sleep and decided I will never do DXM again because it is just not a worthwhile drug. The load you submit your stomach to is horrible, at one point I remember massaging my entire body and talking to it, I felt bad for putting my body through this sort of stress. This is when I felt the dissociative aspect of DXM. I felt like "I" was just inhabiting my body, an incredible organic machine that I was needlessly ruining.

In conlcusion, this was not a 'fun' experience, believe me, get drunk on alcohol and you'll feel the same way without the stomach cramps. I don't regret doing it, I tested my body's limits and managed to stay calm during the most fucked up parts of the experience. (I remember one time I stood up in my room, turned on the light and everything was vibrating and shifting, and when I looked in the mirror I hardly recognized my image) I remember thinking this is not something 'fun' like smoking weed for example, I just felt really fucked up and disoriented. I know many others have had great experiences with this drug, but I don't care to imagine how I would feel on higher doses. Maybe I just have weak stomach for this sort of thing, but I think this is where me and DXM shake hands and go our separate ways. Thanks for reading.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Not so great DXM trip [Re: chodamunky]
    #2268505 - 01/24/04 02:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I agree,once was enough for me as well. :shake:

--------------------

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
    #2268598 - 01/24/04 03:21 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, DXM is poo poo

Ive dont it 3 times, and each time was a pretty hard core trip, but I hated each one. I would always drink a bottle and then smoke a bowl or two. The visuals would always be crazy, but the body high and nausea was never good and the drug liked to toss me from heaven to hell. With hell being #1

meh, thats what i get for drinking fuckin cough syrup

OfflineMarshmallow
Stranger

Re: Not so great DXM trip [Re: moosehead]
    #2269403 - 01/24/04 08:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i have done it three times as well and as far as i can tell i didnt feel nausea at all i just made sure i had eaten something before it but i just drank it and didnt do a lot of moving. so maybe it was the fact i ate? or maybe i just a have a strong stomach but i definatley liked it and am sorry you guys dont feel the same

--------------------
Acosta: [singing] Let's give the boy a lift. Raoul Duke: What? No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Not so great DXM trip [Re: Marshmallow]
    #2269870 - 01/24/04 11:10 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The best DXM trips I've had were not involving syrup. Syrup takes the trip down a lot, makes me more nauseaus and the DXM seems weaker. Robogels (or Dexalone if you can get it) or pure DXM are definitely the way to go.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinetelamahooka
journeyman

#2270121 - 01/25/04 12:25 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

DXM made me feel like shit at first, but then I had the coolest body high. for a while it wasn't fun because there was a stabbing pain in my stomach and it made me shit like the devil!!!after the sickness was gone it was pretty fun, but in the end i don't think it was worth it :thumbdown:

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself relieves the pain of being a man"-doctor johnson

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Not so great DXM trip [Re: telamahooka]
    #2270164 - 01/25/04 12:43 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I hate the sickness, worst feeling ever! But once it passes WOW it's just amazing. I cannot wait for the day I order some powder!!!!!

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Re: Not so great DXM trip [Re: barfightlard]
    #2271677 - 01/25/04 01:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Do the usual online vendors carry pure DXM or is this something u order from like pharmaceutical? companies?

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2273133 - 01/25/04 10:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Dexalone is availabe in capsules at Winn Dixie or Publix (Supermarkets) I think besides a few other additives, its almost pure DXM. I could never imagine drinkin down the syrup, I could tell just my takin a sip of Robo that it would get me sick. I just easily take down a dozen small capsules with a glass of water. I didnt get nausea or Diarrea or even any discomfort at all. The trip is a heavy one and the time I did it, I was in a very strange state of mind.

OfflineHyperSpace
Truth Warrior

#2273506 - 01/26/04 01:20 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I love dxm on so many levels, i don't see how people cant not like it.. people are different.. but i never had one bad experience with dxm, the only thing i don't like is when I'm coming up my head/chest/shoulders have a bad itch, i have never got nausea from dxm.. but I have a strong stomach.

600 mg + laying down on the grass, at night looking at the clouds is an nice experience.. happened last night. First time with the new robo gels.

--------------------
WANTED BY THE U.S. GOVERNMENT: THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.
CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH.
FOR THE CREATION AND CULTIVATION OF THE PLANT MARIJUANA ON THE PLANET EARTH.

GOD MADE IT.
MEN USE IT.
GOVERNMENTS PUT PEOPLE IN CAGES FOR IT.

Offlinespacedragon
SORCERER
Male User Gallery

Loc: THRONE
Re: Not so great DXM trip [Re: HyperSpace]
    #2273605 - 01/26/04 02:19 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Looks like 3 is the magic number.  My 3rd trip tonight sucked near the end because I paid no heed to the warnings of intestinal discomfort.  I was about to say forget DXM forever but I have a strong enough stomach.  I just won't use cough syrup next time. I'll give my body 1 more "heave ho" with this powerful body high. I mean it has some off-the-chain psychological and neurological powers - I just mainly experienced more bodily-oriented euphoric effects admixed with the discomfort. 

I admit I'm blowing it out of proportion with the tummy-ache shit but that type of feeling hits the bulls-eye for a buzz kill on occasion.  I mean what the fuck do I want to feel nausious (and barely high) for when I could be sober and get some good-tasting food or fuck my girlfriend.  On the other hand I'm thinkin...

The robopills would work nicely because the syrup taste just bothers me & puts my stomach and nerves in a "queasy" or "uneasy" mood.  I feel the body and mind are very connected.  So, some Gastro Intestinal (G.I.) duress can set a mood that's tough to shake.  I'll maybe smoke less weed next time trying DXM and attempt to experience it's full effects at close to 800mg or 900mg if my bowels can forgive me.  Then, I'll throw this one away and keep the lesson.

Eventually, I'll just need to make sure I only take this drug in a specific place & exclude all visual cues that would make me want to do this wildcard drug too much. By wildcard I mean we know there's some evidence of physiological discomfort & side-effects (to say the least) and simply don't know enough evidence and from professional, long-term studies concerning the side-effects of this drug (maybe some of you do - I guess I'm saying I just don't).

I want to experience the fuckin' "mother load" of this drug at like 900mg to 1000mg and then just forget about it.  That's just me - please don't anyone try this after reading this for the sake of pushing it.  If I'm gonna have this crappy upset feeling (physically and sometimes mentally) then I'm damn sure I wanna get the blast off correct next time. 

With that one bottle of Benylin (with the only active ingredient being DXM) ... I only must have gotten 200-300mg tonight.  Anyway, thanks for the info you guys left in this thread and I have a clearer perspective on just rockin' those robopills and forgetting about the lame cough syrup. :stash: :thumbup: :wtf:

OfflineCheshireKaT
CheshireKaT

Loc: Orlando, FL
    #2279519 - 01/27/04 11:54 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I've never had anything like that happen to me. I'm sorry.. that sucks. I usually only robotrip when there really is no other option because as much as I love it, I hate it. We usually do 12 oz of tussin and smoke a blut or two. Smokin up when you're on tussin is the shit.

The only thing I can really say about tussin is that I absolutely hate downing that stuff and it tastes so horrible it makes me gag while I'm downing it. I try to hurry up and get it over with as soon as possible. And then I find myself laying on the bed with a tummy ache for about 1-2 hours before I throw up and then I feel fantastic for the rest of the night and trip pretty hard. It's like as soon as I'm done puking I feel the roboshuffle coming on. I always have a blast on tussin but really really hate drinking that stuff.

I've taken c3 but because there's another active ingredient in it, it's a different kind of trip ... it's usually much more chaotic and I can't see straight to save my life. I see double the entire trip and if I'm watching tv I have to keep one eye shut to be able to watch it properly. However, I've never gotten sick on c3 or had a stomach ache from it.

I tried taking tussin pills once and that was just a total rip off. I bought like an $8 bottle and took all the pills. Got sick after about 40 min, threw up and tripped very mildly for a few hours and that was it. It was pretty weak so I won't be doing that again.

But yeah - although tussin most definitely ALWAYS makes me sick ... I've never had any other intestinal problems with it and find it to be a really good mellow trip. I like doin tussin if I'm just gonna be chillin in dark room listening to music .. or if I'm going to be scooting about outside because I love walking around on that shit.

If you don't want to touch the tussin stuff again, try doin the tussin pills or do c3. The tussin pills are more expensive and I think less effective. But I'm not sure because I've only done them once and that was my experience. c3 will mess ya up good and will cost you barely over $ 5. Man I'm ghetto .. but hey, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right?

--------------------
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

OfflineHyperSpace
Truth Warrior

Re: Not so great DXM trip [Re: CheshireKaT]
    #2279781 - 01/28/04 02:53 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

with c3 i guess you mean triple c's? man fuck that shit, why take that when there are safer ways of taking dxm. If you hate drinking the syrup then why not try the tussin cough gels work good(you would have to take 2 bottles=600 mg for a good dose), or dexalone pills, or buy the pure dxm powder.

--------------------

GOD MADE IT.
MEN USE IT.

OfflineMrGrib
Stranger

#2279821 - 01/28/04 03:35 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

hey, don't let the side effects of the cough syrup ingredients give you a bad impression of the actual drug DXM itself. there are lots of other ingredients in cough syrup besides DXM, including alcohol, sugar, expectorant, coloring, etc. Drinking a half bottle or bottle of all this stuff is sure to give most people at least some amount of stomach discomfort, if not make the entire experience unpleasurable.

Have you tried taking pure DXM powder inserted into an empty capsule? This is a lot easier, quicker, and nicer on the stomach. I admit, the trip is still very good, but lacks a small amount of euphoria that is provided by the DXM + pseudoephedrine combo found in maximum strength cough & cold syrup.

OfflineCheshireKaT
CheshireKaT

#2280622 - 01/28/04 11:39 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I did try tussin gel pills once and they still made me throw up and I was barely tripping off 20 pills which was the whole bottle that I paid like $8-something for. So if it takes 2 bottles to get a good trip- I don't know if it'd be worth it to spend like $17 and then down 40 pills and get sick and then finally trip. Cause then again, if I had $17 to blow I would have just bought acid lol.  :blush: The only time I do c3 or 'tripple c' is when I'm dirt poor and can't find anything else because it's the cheapest and has never made me sick. As for taking straight dxm.. I don't even know where to get it or how much it is.

--------------------

OfflineHyperSpace
Truth Warrior

Re: Not so great DXM trip [Re: CheshireKaT]
    #2281194 - 01/28/04 02:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

That would only have been 300 mgs, which is a small dose..At wal mart the tussin gels are like 3.80 a bottle or something. I've seen a couple people throw up from them, but I haven't yet, but i have a goood strong stomach and hardly ever throw up from drugs. powder dxm can be found online very easy(try a seach engine :wink: )

--------------------

GOD MADE IT.
MEN USE IT.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #2283064 - 01/29/04 06:24 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Taking big doses of DXM is something to be cautious of.. a couple friends of mine spent one such DXM trip curled up in fetal positions, sweating their asses off, completely unresponsive to outside stimuli, almost comatose or something..

Basically, DXM's dissassociative properties come out stronger at higher doses..

OfflineCheshireKaT
CheshireKaT

#2283511 - 01/29/04 10:36 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe some day I'll hit up walmart and try it again if I'm desperate, lol. So I heard something funny last night that I tend to feel is a bit strange/suspicious .. but wondering if maybe you or anyone else knew if it was bullsh*t or not. Someone told me this last night "it's really gay but it's cheap and won't make you sick. buy like 2-3 tins of Sucrets and make sure they only have dxm in them. Then boil water and put them in there until all the white shit goes to the bottom ... then strain it through a coffee filter, let the powder dry ... buy gel tablets and fill em up .. and you have straight dxm pills' ??? You heard of that before? Sounds really ghettophied to me.. just curious if it works or not .. or if it's even a decent trip if it does work... ?

--------------------

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #2284536 - 01/29/04 03:46 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The stuff that came shooting out your ass was syrup, not dxm. What I'm sayin is maybe before judging DXM you should have only taken dxm. It's kind of like driving a car without wheels and then saying cars can't drive..

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Re: Not so great DXM trip [Re: SixCee]
    #2284798 - 01/29/04 05:13 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The stuff that came shooting out your ass was syrup, not dxm.

Never said it was DXM, I specifically said it was "syrup and shit"

What I'm sayin is maybe before judging DXM you should have only taken dxm. It's kind of like driving a car without wheels and then saying cars can't drive..

Yes I see your point, someday I may try DXM powder but never again from bottle.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order