Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
applied for food stamps
    #22825641 -

yeah im poor. need a little help.  Anyone here use food stamps?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #22825854 -

You do what you gotta do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #22826846 -

Have been on them. Then got a job and the updated paperwork never got to them (actually every few months when we had to redo the paper work it was an uphill struggle. Same problem every single fucking time). So now we owe about a grand to them. I lost my job and could use them again but we still owe and are paying it off, not like they're gonna let us back on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #22826859 -

I've had them when I moved back to my hometown.  But that was a few years ago.

They were a god send and it was so nice to have.


I'm honestly trying to get them again.  Not much employment in my area, especially during the winter so I might just try and ride that food stamp wave until spring.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #22826929 -

Anonymous #3 said:
Have been on them. Then got a job and the updated paperwork never got to them (actually every few months when we had to redo the paper work it was an uphill struggle. Same problem every single fucking time). So now we owe about a grand to them. I lost my job and could use them again but we still owe and are paying it off, not like they're gonna let us back on.



wait., why do you owe them money?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #22826945 -

Because his employment paperwork didn't go through.


So they assumed he was trying to work and get food stamps at the same time.  And you have to repay it back from the start of your employment I believe, if it's not reported.

He got screwed because he put in the paperwork but it didn't process through or whatever.


Happened to my buddy on unemployment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #22826959 -

well fuck. IDK how my applications gonna look. Put a job down, but its low income and also im going to school. I hear if your a student it helps. Not full time thou. Honestly have no money. Cant even keep up with rent.  Shit, thats why im in school. Need a better job

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #22826962 -

Yeah pretty much that. I did everything legit but whoever is charge of the paperwork where I live does a masterfully shitty job of managing it. Every single time we had to fill it out, it required back and fourth calls of us telling them we sent it and them telling us they don't have it, them calling to tell us that we're about to lose the benefits because they need the paperwork by yesterday, and us having to scramble and resend it and call them and tell them it's on the way etc etc. Even when it was sent certified and we could see it arrived, they swore they never received it. This was literally an every time thing. It never went smoothly once.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #22826975 -

I once had the card for a while because Ive medical problems and time went by and I applied again but forgot about it. 6months later I went to check the card and there was $2000.00 on it in food stamps, and $1000.00 cash .. I still qualify for them because my illness, but I just dont feel like dealing with them we get by just fine .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #22827744 -

I've been in the position where I had no money really and couldn't work too much. But I just started selling drugs instead. Yea like I totally think food stamps are a program we need but I would live in my hammock in the forest before I went on food stamps lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #22827824 -

It's not fun having the stigma attached to it. It's a bit easier to deal with when you're not using it to buy soda or expensive food though. No one would be able to look down on me for the foods I bought with it. I was using it to make cheap but healthy meals.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #22827849 -

Yea, idk hunting is cheap. Trapping is cheaper. It's just funny ya know, how species loose certain traits.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #22827884 -

Not everyone lives in a place where that's feasible. If I want to get away from refineries I have to drive for a couple of hours in some random direction. If I want to find a place to fish where there literally aren't signs up warning us that eating the fish is likely to cause cancer, I have to drive for about 3-4 hours, at least.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #22827900 -

You should move man. Fuck your human attachments

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #22828057 -

says #6 from a computer connected to the internet :hmm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #22828068 -

ahhh if only you could see where i'm at right now. if you drove into the town i'm in you would be like, who the fuck lives here, hills have eyes mother fuckers, and than drive on for hours until you got half way to somewhere. Granted I don't hunt and trap to survive, I also have a job and a mind and work ethic that will keep it. But I would hunt and trap before I would get food stamps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #22828313 -

If I've had to apply for foodstamps I'd say it would be a likely assumption I lack the means to just pick up and leave. Right now, we get by even without me working. We're a lot better off these days then we were back when we got on them, but we're not so well off we can just pick up and move. Sleeping in a car or something isn't an option either, we have a kid now as well. The house we're in now was left to me in a will so we don't really pay rent, it does have a mortgage though. Costs a lot less per month than renting an apartment or a house would be, but selling it would maybe give us a few grand at this point. Mortgage was taken out on it for nearly it's full value shortly before it was left to me. So most everything we got from selling it would be going to pay that off. :shrug: Kinda stuck here for the time being.

Honestly I'd prefer to hunt or fish for my own food anyways. I've always been the DIY type. But when you live dead center in one of the nations biggest refinery areas, that's not really a feasible option. Hunting here is a luxury that only people with deep pockets can really afford. If there are any left, there aren't many public lands you can hunt on. Almost all of it is done through leases. Deer, hog or otherwise.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #22828334 -

I honestly can't even comprehend how a person has to get food stamps unless they are disabled or something, no offense OP. I have just always busted my ass and made shit happen for myself. Best of luck, hope you fins something soon to help you get off the stamps:toast:
If you lived by me I would ask if you wanted to work for me striping parking lots. I need a helper this year.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #22828565 -

Im in Houston #7. And school is the idea for a better job. I wanna make that 20, 30$ an hour

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: applied for food stamps [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #22828572 -

Bummer I live in Minnesota.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Food stamps Anonymous 193 5 09/16/09 01:30 AM
by Anonymous
* Hypothetical scenerio - Weak minded and weak hearted need not apply.
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 754 34 12/28/09 03:49 AM
by Anonymous
* applying for another job at same place Anonymous 92 0 07/20/09 01:18 PM
by Anonymous
* Are people in our generation who have kids mentally retarded?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 1,391 76 11/13/09 07:56 PM
by Anonymous
* Cali is a weird state
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 648 32 08/01/09 02:41 AM
by Anonymous
* Freakin out!
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 1,028 52 10/27/09 04:42 PM
by Anonymous
* FUckk.... Pulled over with 20lbs Anonymous 712 18 08/29/10 11:29 PM
by Anonymous
* Blotter Art Tek Anonymous 2,406 12 11/12/10 11:25 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
424 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.