Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. * 1
    #22704149 -

I mean really, having to even ask this is pretty retarded. :lol:

But how the fuck do you eat ramen cup of noodles without getting dripping all over the place? If you shove a fork into the cup and start spinning, you just end up getting this never ending line of tangled noodles, the long ends are what really cause the dripping to begin with so as long as there is still just one noodle hanging down like 8 inches, this does not work to solve the problem. If you just lift some out and hover above the cup for awhile, it still drips outside of the cup at some point. If you pick some up and try to swirl them horizontally, they just fall off the fork. If you just basically glue the cup to your face and use the shovel>suck method, it still ends up messy.

Is this an issue for everyone or am I just retarded?


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: Shroomslip]
    #22704158 -

Chopsticks and a spoon. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: Shroomslip]
    #22704164 -

My ramen tek is sick bro.  Don't get the cups, get the brick kind and heat them on a stove.  Dump 90% of the water out when cooked.  Don't have a beard.

Does your avatar glitch out and blink more often than not for you too?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: Shroomslip] * 1
    #22704169 -

Don't even listen to dead.  You must sip the broth.  Sip the broth.  Then you twist the noodle, you twist it...  let it cool, then you eat the noodle.  "Sluuuurpprprprrrsll..."  repeat.  Its okay to drip, but not a lot..  siiip,  siiip..  "sluururrurprrojrbr"... ahhh... 


That is how you properly ramen.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: Blend]
    #22704181 -

I specifically only like the cup of soups, and the juice is the best part. I'm also not getting rid of my beard just to eat ramen. It's almost 6 inches long at this point. That shit took forever to grow :crankey: As for my avatar, it's showing up for me normally, now. I had that problem when first uploading it but it went away. No one else could see the flashing, just me. The site has been glitchy with animated avatars for awhile now. Weird how it's somehow been reversed :lol:

Don't know how chopsticks would help. Unless again I'm missing something, whatever tek you used with chopsticks would be at it's core the same tek you'd use with a fork (spinning, lifting, feeding directly into your mouth from the cup). Chop sticks make sense for stuff like sushi or tempura fried shrimp (where a fork isn't as practical) but with noodles I can't think of any advantage they may offer over a fork.

The problem with sucking the noodles up is I always end up inhaling liquid (or at worst  a part of a damn noodle :lol:) and then I cough and shit goes flying. Other than that, it's the cleanest way to eat them I've found. But I'd rather have to use a paper towel while eating to wipe myself off than end up in a coughing fit.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: Shroomslip]
    #22704352 -

I always drink the broth first then eat the noodles = minimum dripping

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: Blend]
    #22704364 -

deadendeavor said:
Don't get the cups, get the brick kind and heat them on a stove.  Dump 90% of the water out when cooked.



why not just use less water?
that's what I do


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: CosmicFool]
    #22704386 -

You put the soup in an IV drop and you eat the noodles. No spillage.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: Shroomslip] * 1
    #22704554 -

I noticed everyone always says "Cup of Noodles", when in reality it is just "Cup Noodles"


--------------------



                                                                                       
>

 
                                            [__________________________]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: madmodder]
    #22704560 -

This is why I love you shroomslip. Only you could manage to write an in depth post about the complexities of eating ramen noodles :lol:


--------------------
I'm stupid, Enlil is smart.
I'm ugly, Enlil is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Enlil is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Enlil but secretly know I never will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: madmodder]
    #22704561 -

We have a bunch of Ramen pro's here :sun:


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: Blend]
    #22704661 -

deadendeavor said:
My ramen tek is sick bro.  Don't get the cups, get the brick kind and heat them on a stove.  Dump 90% of the water out when cooked.  Don't have a beard.

Does your avatar glitch out and blink more often than not for you too?



How I prefer my ramen

Stove top and brick form
A lot more tasty


--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: SunnyD]
    #22704685 -

I dump the liquid

Eat over your bowl too op

:facepalm:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: Shroomslip]
    #22704712 -

With all ramen, you're supposed to slurp it.  It's not considered rude to slurp in Asian countries, and many Asian people look at Americans weird because we don't do this when eating ramen, it unlocks the flavor.

Lets say you have 8in noodle (that's what she said) well then put 4in in your mouth and slurp while biting through dropping the other 4in back into the bowl/cup.  Make sense?


--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: Lucis]
    #22704761 -

Chopsticks. I mean seriously how you gonna disgrace yourself by eating 'Asian' food with anything but chopsticks?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: Shroomslip]
    #22704773 -

Has your avatar always been animated? am I just now noticing this or did you add that recently?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: Rustifer]
    #22704871 -

Dude just lean over the cup when you suck up the noodles... it'll just drip back in...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: The Moose]
    #22704879 -

Do people actually prefer the cup of ramen over the brick? I thought it was just a convenience thing.
But yeah brick on the stove any day

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: Mr. Wednesday]
    #22704943 -

What Moose said, you gotta eat like an Asian and lean over that shit.

And yeah, Magus, the brick Ramen is 100X better then Top Ramen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This is a ridiculous question even have to ask.. [Re: The Banished One] * 4
    #22705015 -



--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My gf had a miscarriage
( 1 2 all )
Legend9123 3,628 31 09/30/08 01:22 PM
by Legend9123
* Chopsticks fazdazzle 994 10 12/19/10 11:38 PM
by Maverick
* ridiculous article about "deadly" magic mushrooms
( 1 2 all )
jba6511 6,326 21 03/23/04 12:42 AM
by Che_Night_Soil
* Very OT: Strange question about fire damage and photos... GernBlanston 1,178 4 01/05/04 03:04 PM
by GernBlanston
* -A rather pressing question-
( 1 2 all )
igore 4,181 21 07/31/03 09:19 PM
by Fungushungry
* a few questions about the family :) Vulture 2,216 10 09/01/03 09:47 PM
by Vulture
* Plz help with a .SHN/.WAV related question.. Lightningfractal 1,156 6 01/02/04 09:32 PM
by Lightningfractal
* piercing question ImYourSpedFriend 795 3 12/22/03 02:33 AM
by blackroselove

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,158 topic views. 3 members, 6 guests and 78 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.