Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: fivepointer]
    #22559122 -

[quote        your out-of-pocket limit won’t be more than 5200$for an individual.
   
]



This is fucking ridiculous, a person making 22,000 who is in ill health is supposed to shell out over $5000 in medical costs???

That's "affordable"?

Wow...


--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22559136 -

$5000 is more affordable than $100,000 for someone who is uninsured.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22559238 -

Did you forget that you could get insurance before Obamacare for a lower premium and a lower deductible.

And when you add the premiums to the deductible, it's over 9 thousand a year.

And you guys support this? Amazing...


--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22559393 -

Quote:
hostileuniverse said:
    your out-of-pocket limit won’t be more than 5200$for an individual.




This is fucking ridiculous, a person making 22,000 who is in ill health is supposed to shell out over $5000 in medical costs???

That's "affordable"?

Wow...



Income of $22,000 is 186% FPL for a single person which would be a $2,250 max OOP using a Silver plan with 94% actuarial value, so yes that is affordable.

People are free to buy better metal level plans if they choose.  This is better than what was before, which would be a catastrophic plan that didn't cover any thing.  Remember preventative care is not subject to the deductible.

Edited by fivepointer (11/22/15 02:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: fivepointer]
    #22559492 -

:thatsaten:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: fivepointer]
    #22559598 -

fivepointer said:
Quote:
hostileuniverse said:
    your out-of-pocket limit won’t be more than 5200$for an individual.




This is fucking ridiculous, a person making 22,000 who is in ill health is supposed to shell out over $5000 in medical costs???

That's "affordable"?

Wow...



Income of $22,000 is 186% FPL for a single person which would be a $2,250 max OOP using a Silver plan with 94% actuarial value, so yes that is affordable.

People are free to buy better metal level plans if they choose.  This is better than what was before, which would be a catastrophic plan that didn't cover any thing.  Remember preventative care is not subject to the deductible.



Whatever dude, these plans are shit, Im sorry that you think a single person making a piddly 22,000 a year can just shell out over ten percent of their income, and I might add, adding in the monthly premium and you've got over 20%...

Now I know why the term "libtard" was invented



--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: fivepointer]
    #22559642 -

fivepointer said:
Obamacare has not failed.  Millions who could never afford health coverage are now covered.  They no longer have to choose between treating a health condition in the Emergency Room that leads to bankruptcy or possible death.

The Republicans in the 20 states that did not expand Medicaid have decided to throw millions of people under the bus for no good reason.  The Feds pick up the whole tab in the front years and 90% in later years.  After all is said and done it will cost the states net nothing.



You can go to the ER without insurance if you have a debilitating/worsening condition.


--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22559658 -

hostileuniverse said:
fivepointer said:
Quote:
hostileuniverse said:
    your out-of-pocket limit won’t be more than 5200$for an individual.




This is fucking ridiculous, a person making 22,000 who is in ill health is supposed to shell out over $5000 in medical costs???

That's "affordable"?

Wow...



Income of $22,000 is 186% FPL for a single person which would be a $2,250 max OOP using a Silver plan with 94% actuarial value, so yes that is affordable.

People are free to buy better metal level plans if they choose.  This is better than what was before, which would be a catastrophic plan that didn't cover any thing.  Remember preventative care is not subject to the deductible.



Whatever dude, these plans are shit, Im sorry that you think a single person making a piddly 22,000 a year can just shell out over ten percent of their income, and I might add, adding in the monthly premium and you've got over 20%...

Now I know why the term "libtard" was invented





The max OOP is something most people will never have to pay EACH year, hopefully never.  The premium after subsidy will be in the 5ish percent of income range.

So I guess paying full price is better than 5%?  Not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: micro]
    #22559662 -

micro said:
fivepointer said:
Obamacare has not failed.  Millions who could never afford health coverage are now covered.  They no longer have to choose between treating a health condition in the Emergency Room that leads to bankruptcy or possible death.

The Republicans in the 20 states that did not expand Medicaid have decided to throw millions of people under the bus for no good reason.  The Feds pick up the whole tab in the front years and 90% in later years.  After all is said and done it will cost the states net nothing.



You can go to the ER without insurance if you have a debilitating/worsening condition.



And what are you going to do with the $30,000 bill?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22559713 -

hostileuniverse said:
fivepointer said:
Quote:
hostileuniverse said:
    your out-of-pocket limit won’t be more than 5200$for an individual.




This is fucking ridiculous, a person making 22,000 who is in ill health is supposed to shell out over $5000 in medical costs???

That's "affordable"?

Wow...



Income of $22,000 is 186% FPL for a single person which would be a $2,250 max OOP using a Silver plan with 94% actuarial value, so yes that is affordable.

People are free to buy better metal level plans if they choose.  This is better than what was before, which would be a catastrophic plan that didn't cover any thing.  Remember preventative care is not subject to the deductible.



Whatever dude, these plans are shit, Im sorry that you think a single person making a piddly 22,000 a year can just shell out over ten percent of their income, and I might add, adding in the monthly premium and you've got over 20%...

Now I know why the term "libtard" was invented





Would you rather it be 'free' like in other countries?  Sounds good to me.  :shrug:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: fivepointer]
    #22559915 -

fivepointer said:
    your out-of-pocket limit won’t be more than 5200$for an individual.




This is fucking ridiculous, a person making 22,000 who is in ill health is supposed to shell out over $5000 in medical costs???

That's "affordable"?

Wow...



Income of $22,000 is 186% FPL for a single person which would be a $2,250 max OOP using a Silver plan with 94% actuarial value, so yes that is affordable.

People are free to buy better metal level plans if they choose.  This is better than what was before, which would be a catastrophic plan that didn't cover any thing.  Remember preventative care is not subject to the deductible.



Whatever dude, these plans are shit, Im sorry that you think a single person making a piddly 22,000 a year can just shell out over ten percent of their income, and I might add, adding in the monthly premium and you've got over 20%...

Now I know why the term "libtard" was invented





The max OOP is something most people will never have to pay EACH year, hopefully never.  The premium after subsidy will be in the 5ish percent of income range.

So I guess paying full price is better than 5%?  Not.



Wrong again, I personally know people who enrolled in this shitty healthcare, because they DO have chronic health problems, and it doesn't take long to wrack up those deductibles.

Even though I was against it, I actually had high hopes for this program when it was passed, i was NOT surprised that the democrats fucked over the poor and lower middle class yet again, unfortunately...


--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22559963 -

hostileuniverse said:
Wrong again, I personally know people who enrolled in this shitty healthcare, because they DO have chronic health problems, and it doesn't take long to wrack up those deductibles.

Even though I was against it, I actually had high hopes for this program when it was passed, i was NOT surprised that the democrats fucked over the poor and lower middle class yet again, unfortunately...



So you are for Medicare for all now?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: fivepointer]
    #22560085 -

fivepointer said:
hostileuniverse said:
Wrong again, I personally know people who enrolled in this shitty healthcare, because they DO have chronic health problems, and it doesn't take long to wrack up those deductibles.

Even though I was against it, I actually had high hopes for this program when it was passed, i was NOT surprised that the democrats fucked over the poor and lower middle class yet again, unfortunately...



So you are for Medicare for all now?



Nope, try staying on topic, unless you are suggesting that Obowelmovementcare was DESIGNED to fail to push us to singlepayer...

Healthcare started getting fucked up once govt got involved, we have not had free market healthcare In decades

I use laser eye surgery as a great example, not covered by insurance or provided by Medicaid, simply a doctor and his patient, know what happened? The price has plummeted over the few years. Free markets are the ONLY way to control costs


--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22560130 -

How did healthcare start getting "fucked up once the govt got involved"?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22560181 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
How did healthcare start getting "fucked up once the govt got involved"?



By introducing third party into it, once the patient wasn't paying for his services, the more convoluted and complex a transaction, the more it costs, that's basic economics


--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22561706 -

hostileuniverse said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
How did healthcare start getting "fucked up once the govt got involved"?



By introducing third party into it, once the patient wasn't paying for his services, the more convoluted and complex a transaction, the more it costs, that's basic economics



Huh?  There's always been a third party (the insurance company).  And they're still here.  People don't have to go through the exchange if they doesn't want to.  The difference is that now, insurance can no longer screw people over who have pre-existing conditions, or things that certain private insurers didn't used to cover.

Cost growth is at an all time low as well.  :shrug:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22561799 -

Cost of health care in the US is what's unhealthy.  We need to take responsibility for our own health and safety and stop being manipulated into idiocracy. 

The scare tactics that corporations use to sell more product is just mind boggling.  They unhealthier we are, the more they profit.  The more open heart and gastric bypass surgeries, the better in the CEO's eyes. 


According to the CDC 480,000 people die every year from tobacco smoking related illnesses, the annual cost to the US is $300 BILLION dollars annually.  1 million dollars is spent every hour by big tobacco advertising their product.
 

40,000 people die annually in preventable auto collisions. 

Oh but 1 US citizen dies from rabies or ebola and the corporate news media lights up some mass paranoia.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: starfire_xes]
    #22561886 -

Well, I think the initial idea of the ACA was a good one. The flaw lie in the fact that it counted on healthy folks buying insurance vastly outnumbering the sick folks. Unfortunately, it isn't happening. I do think it needs some retooling so as to benefit the most.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: fivepointer]
    #22561992 -

fivepointer said:
And what are you going to do with the $30,000 bill?



Trust me, I could think of several things :lol:


--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22562219 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
hostileuniverse said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
How did healthcare start getting "fucked up once the govt got involved"?



By introducing third party into it, once the patient wasn't paying for his services, the more convoluted and complex a transaction, the more it costs, that's basic economics



Huh?  There's always been a third party (the insurance company).  And they're still here.  People don't have to go through the exchange if they doesn't want to.  The difference is that now, insurance can no longer screw people over who have pre-existing conditions, or things that certain private insurers didn't used to cover.

Cost growth is at an all time low as well.  :shrug:



Costs are still rising, surely you can't honestly believe the ACA is responsible for the slowdown, perhaps a shitty economy is, I don't know. What I do know is insurance companies used to be able to offer plans for what people need and want, not anymore... As far as I can tell, They've shifted the premiums costs to deductible costs, the ACA is not some magic cure all, if anything, it's making healthcare worse... (But that's what liberal policies do)


--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* US dead last in healthcare... Annapurna1 670 5 01/09/08 03:52 PM
by Coaster
* Iraqi Official Says Government Wants Timetable for Withdrawal Rebirtha 461 3 07/08/08 05:05 PM
by zappaisgod
* Bush calls for withdrawal from Middle East DNKYD 676 5 03/06/05 02:19 AM
by Divided_Sky
* Security Council Unites Against Syria daimyo 596 2 11/03/05 08:07 PM
by Redstorm
* They are voting on Obamacare tomorrow
( 1 2 3 all )
skyekitty 5,905 47 05/24/17 04:29 PM
by Falcon91Wolvrn03
* U.S. Withdraw From U.N.
( 1 2 all )
daimyo 2,749 25 10/08/05 10:16 PM
by Phred
* Bush the Uniter Phred 342 2 11/19/05 04:02 PM
by badchad
* The Sick US Healthcare System
( 1 2 3 4 all )
DiploidM 6,119 67 06/16/07 01:09 PM
by Redstorm

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
2,779 topic views. 0 members, 14 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.