Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges
    #22550514 - 11/20/15 08:00 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

This means the collapse of Obamacare is almost complete--they were one of the last major health insurers that provided plans under the exchanges.  They lost so much money had to pull out.

Many states have closed exchanges, and premiums are going way up next year, with predictions of even bigger increases next year--which will be announced RIGHT BEFORE THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.  LOL

So what does it mean?  Depending on our point of view, it means something or nothing.  It means the government is running out of other peoples they can fix that by raising taxes or rolling the printing presses--much like keeping a dead person who is unable to breathe on life support. It means a huge electorial war over the issue---one side claiming we need to go back to the old system, the other claiming that anyone who doesn't support it wants granny pushed over the cliff and little kids to die by the tens of thousands from ever disease imaginable because, well because the GOVERNMENT can't run healthcare.

What it really means is 'single-payer'  IE the government decides that the will pay all the bills, and to pay for it they will loot the most 'undesirable' of the economic groups in the US with high taxes.

I am all for single payer--I pay for myself, you pay for yourself.  But don't loot my earnings because a village idiot from Kenya ruined the healthcare system.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefivepointer
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: starfire_xes]
    #22550795 - 11/20/15 09:55 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

This story is BS.  UHC is a minor player in the ACA Exchange, but a huge player for workplace plans which are the majority of plans when counted as a whole.  The story twists the facts to make it sound like a major ACA player is failing, which is a lie.  UHC never committed to the Exchanges, and they said they were thinking of pulling out, not that they actually are pulling out.

The detractors of the ACA obviously planted this story.  UHC is massively profitable.

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: fivepointer]
    #22553834 - 11/21/15 12:57 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

yes, UHC is massively profitable.  But not on the exchanges.  They announced they may have to exit since they lost money on them. (275 million in 2016)

Sorry about that.  You sound butthurt about Dogshit Barry's crap 'health care' farce which he shoved down our throats on strictly partisan lines going down in flames.  Look at how many state exchanges have failed already.

when businesses lose that much money on something, they change what the are doing.  They aren't like the fucking morons in government, and keep trying to do the same thing.

--------------------

Edited by starfire_xes (11/21/15 01:04 AM)

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'Merica Flag
    #22554324 - 11/21/15 06:06 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Liberal policies always fail, but instead of learning, they usually just double down on it.

--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com

Invisibleairclay
Morbid and Wrong
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Texas
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22554443 - 11/21/15 07:36 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

developed countries around the world successfully using single payer systems with happy citizens and yet here in the US we've got internet dorks still crying about obamacare and calling politicians that describe these system jr high level names all the while claiming singe payer systems are a dream that'll never work

:tard:

--------------------
Give no fucks, take no orders, smash the prisons and the borders. Circle that A motherfucker!

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: airclay]
    #22554545 - 11/21/15 08:30 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

:lolsy:  ....and as Obamacare unravels, the looney libs
cry about'single payer'  And it will be so good  people will be forced to buy it......

Do not blame others because you don't have single payer.  That is not what was passed.  They passed this turd of a bill, and a majority now and then didn't want it.

Or in other words, keep you hands off my wallet.

--------------------

Invisibleairclay
Morbid and Wrong
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22554664 - 11/21/15 09:24 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

yeah the best effort that could be put forth after the healthcare lobbyist demanded that everyone had to do it because otherwise people would just get healthcare when they were sick

put into place w/o all the editing and efforts to make it worthless, we'd have seen something much closer to a single payer system that doesn't resemble what we got after the gop lead congress and healthcare lobbyist gutted it.

also stop claiming to know exactly what the majority always wants, you're simply projecting your opinion.

--------------------
Give no fucks, take no orders, smash the prisons and the borders. Circle that A motherfucker!

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22555091 - 11/21/15 11:36 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

airclay said:
developed countries around the world successfully using single payer systems with happy citizens and yet here in the US we've got internet dorks still crying about obamacare and calling politicians that describe these system jr high level names all the while claiming singe payer systems are a dream that'll never work

:tard:

America is very different than other countries that have single payer, even at that, those European nations are struggling under the weight of their welfare systems, Greece was the first to fall, the others will too, it's a process and takes time depending on a number of factors

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

#22557934 - 11/21/15 11:21 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

airclay said:
yeah the best effort that could be put forth after the healthcare lobbyist demanded that everyone had to do it because otherwise people would just get healthcare when they were sick

put into place w/o all the editing and efforts to make it worthless, we'd have seen something much closer to a single payer system that doesn't resemble what we got after the gop lead congress and healthcare lobbyist gutted it.

also stop claiming to know exactly what the majority always wants, you're simply projecting your opinion.

Uh, the majority still oppose Obamacare--like they always have.  Please stop claiming you are intelligent, you are merely projecting your biased ignorace.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
    #22558188 - 11/22/15 01:20 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Liberal policies always fail, but instead of learning, they usually just double down on it.

How has Obamacare failed?

I keep showing charts about how much better off the country does under liberal presidents, but perhaps these charts are over your head.

Airclay is right - things would be better with single payer.  But the corporations seem to own the Government and won't let that happen.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22558192 - 11/22/15 01:25 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
those European nations are struggling under the weight of their welfare systems, Greece was the first to fall, the others will too, it's a process and takes time depending on a number of factors

Read my signature - it's always the same with conservatives:

"You just wait - in time liberal policies will fail."

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Invisibleairclay
Morbid and Wrong
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22558565 - 11/22/15 07:47 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
Quote:

airclay said:

Uh, the majority still oppose Obamacare--like they always have.  Please stop claiming you are intelligent, you are merely projecting your biased ignorace.

I'm sorry if you can't see how ridiculous it is in 6/10 post to have claims of what "the majority" want then you're just missing the point. You argue not politics but repeated network news opinions out of the politics gossip column that way.

I'm not entertaining this conversation any more it's off topic and leading to personal chatter.

--------------------

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22558637 - 11/22/15 08:28 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
those European nations are struggling under the weight of their welfare systems, Greece was the first to fall, the others will too, it's a process and takes time depending on a number of factors

Read my signature - it's always the same with conservatives:

"You just wait - in time liberal policies will fail."

The very thing libs here are trying to do have failed in Greece and Venezuela, and what about Cuba? Free healthcare, free education, do you want to live in a shithole???

--------------------

Offlinefivepointer
    #22558649 - 11/22/15 08:32 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Obamacare has not failed.  Millions who could never afford health coverage are now covered.  They no longer have to choose between treating a health condition in the Emergency Room that leads to bankruptcy or possible death.

The Republicans in the 20 states that did not expand Medicaid have decided to throw millions of people under the bus for no good reason.  The Feds pick up the whole tab in the front years and 90% in later years.  After all is said and done it will cost the states net nothing.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22558686 - 11/22/15 08:52 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
Obamacare has not failed.  Millions who could never afford health coverage are now covered.  They no longer have to choose between treating a health condition in the Emergency Room that leads to bankruptcy or possible death.

The Republicans in the 20 states that did not expand Medicaid have decided to throw millions of people under the bus for no good reason.  The Feds pick up the whole tab in the front years and 90% in later years.  After all is said and done it will cost the states net nothing.

You really think that people that are poor can "afford" the insurance? Not even close, those that were too poor to afford insurance still can't, an 8000$ deductible is not something the poor can afford, regardless of how cheap the premiums are. Those who are dirt poor but don't qualify for Medicaid are worse off now because they have the penalties to pay at tax time.

--------------------

Offlinefivepointer
    #22558720 - 11/22/15 09:05 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:

You really think that people that are poor can "afford" the insurance? Not even close, those that were too poor to afford insurance still can't, an 8000$ deductible is not something the poor can afford, regardless of how cheap the premiums are. Those who are dirt poor but don't qualify for Medicaid are worse off now because they have the penalties to pay at tax time.

Yes it is affordable after the subsidies and cost sharing reductions.

Based on the second lowest cost Silver plan premium as a percent of Income:
0 to 133% 0% of income (Medicaid, if your state expanded)
Up to 133% FPL 2% of income
133-150% FPL 3 – 4% of income
150-200% FPL 4 – 6.3% of income
200-250% FPL 6.3 – 8.05% of income
250-300% FPL 8.05 – 9.5% of income
300-400% FPL 9.5% of income

There is no penalty if your retarded state did not expand Medicaid and you fall into the the gap they created since coverage would not be affordable there is no penalty.

Also Silver plans have substantial cost sharing reductions for those up to 250% FPL.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22558759 - 11/22/15 09:19 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:

There is no penalty if your retarded state did not expand Medicaid and you fall into the the gap they created since coverage would not be affordable there is no penalty.

Also Silver plans have substantial cost sharing reductions for those up to 250% FPL.

You are only addressing penalties and premiums, care to address the deductibles?:popcorn:

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22559023 - 11/22/15 10:41 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
The very thing libs here are trying to do have failed in Greece and Venezuela, and what about Cuba? Free healthcare, free education, do you want to live in a shithole???

I don't know how many times I have to tell you we're looking at the Northern European model, not Venezuela or Cuba.

QUIT THE STRAW MAN ARGUMENTS!!!

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Invisibleairclay
Morbid and Wrong
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22559038 - 11/22/15 10:44 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, care to address the numbers the for profit healthcare industry has set up in the gov't sanctioned marketplace? and then when you point out that they're lopsided let's blame Obama directly for it.

--------------------

Offlinefivepointer
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: hostileuniverse] * 1
    #22559064 - 11/22/15 10:52 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:
Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:

You are only addressing penalties and premiums, care to address the deductibles?:popcorn:

Silver plans have cost sharing reductions (only Silver plans)

100-150% FPL = 94% Actuarial Value (CSR 94)
150-200% FPL = 87% Actuarial Value (CSR 87)
200-250% FPL = 73% Actuarial Value (CSR 73)
More than 250% FPL = 70% Actuarial Value

Out-of-pocket maximum limits (equal to deductible limits):
100-200 percent of FPL,
        your out-of-pocket limit won’t be more than $2,250 for an individual.
        your out-of-pocket limit won’t be more than $4,500 for a family.
200-250 percent of FPL,
        your out-of-pocket limit won’t be more than $5,200 for an individual.
        your out-of-pocket limit won’t be more than $10,400 for a family.
More than 250% percent of FPL,
        your out-of-pocket limit won’t be more than $6,600 for an individual.
        your out-of-pocket limit won’t be more than $13,200 for a family.

These Max OOP are maximums, plans may differ.

Medicaid has a $200 per year Max OOP.

Platinum or Gold plans have lower deductibles and max OOP amounts, but with higher premiums.

The ACA could be improved, but it is better than what was before.  Those who say scrap it are idiots.

Edited by fivepointer (11/22/15 11:01 AM)

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22559122 - 11/22/15 11:08 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

[quote        your out-of-pocket limit won’t be more than 5200$for an individual.

]

This is fucking ridiculous, a person making 22,000 who is in ill health is supposed to shell out over $5000 in medical costs???

That's "affordable"?

Wow...

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22559136 - 11/22/15 11:13 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

$5000 is more affordable than $100,000 for someone who is uninsured.

--------------------

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22559238 - 11/22/15 11:27 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Did you forget that you could get insurance before Obamacare for a lower premium and a lower deductible.

And when you add the premiums to the deductible, it's over 9 thousand a year.

And you guys support this? Amazing...

--------------------

Offlinefivepointer
    #22559393 - 11/22/15 12:13 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
    your out-of-pocket limit won’t be more than 5200$for an individual.

This is fucking ridiculous, a person making 22,000 who is in ill health is supposed to shell out over $5000 in medical costs???

That's "affordable"?

Wow...

Income of $22,000 is 186% FPL for a single person which would be a $2,250 max OOP using a Silver plan with 94% actuarial value, so yes that is affordable.

People are free to buy better metal level plans if they choose.  This is better than what was before, which would be a catastrophic plan that didn't cover any thing.  Remember preventative care is not subject to the deductible.

Edited by fivepointer (11/22/15 12:16 PM)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22559492 - 11/22/15 12:38 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

:thatsaten:

--------------------

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22559598 - 11/22/15 01:10 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
Quote:

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:

That's "affordable"?

Wow...

Income of $22,000 is 186% FPL for a single person which would be a $2,250 max OOP using a Silver plan with 94% actuarial value, so yes that is affordable.

People are free to buy better metal level plans if they choose.  This is better than what was before, which would be a catastrophic plan that didn't cover any thing.  Remember preventative care is not subject to the deductible.

Whatever dude, these plans are shit, Im sorry that you think a single person making a piddly 22,000 a year can just shell out over ten percent of their income, and I might add, adding in the monthly premium and you've got over 20%...

Now I know why the term "libtard" was invented

--------------------

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City Flag
    #22559642 - 11/22/15 01:23 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:

You can go to the ER without insurance if you have a debilitating/worsening condition.

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Offlinefivepointer
    #22559658 - 11/22/15 01:29 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:
Quote:

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:

That's "affordable"?

Wow...

Whatever dude, these plans are shit, Im sorry that you think a single person making a piddly 22,000 a year can just shell out over ten percent of their income, and I might add, adding in the monthly premium and you've got over 20%...

The max OOP is something most people will never have to pay EACH year, hopefully never.  The premium after subsidy will be in the 5ish percent of income range.

So I guess paying full price is better than 5%?  Not.

Offlinefivepointer
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: micro]
    #22559662 - 11/22/15 01:30 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

micro said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:

You can go to the ER without insurance if you have a debilitating/worsening condition.

And what are you going to do with the $30,000 bill?

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22559713 - 11/22/15 01:43 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:
Quote:

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:

That's "affordable"?

Wow...

Would you rather it be 'free' like in other countries?  Sounds good to me.  :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22559915 - 11/22/15 02:29 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:

That's "affordable"?

Wow...

The max OOP is something most people will never have to pay EACH year, hopefully never.  The premium after subsidy will be in the 5ish percent of income range.

So I guess paying full price is better than 5%?  Not.

Wrong again, I personally know people who enrolled in this shitty healthcare, because they DO have chronic health problems, and it doesn't take long to wrack up those deductibles.

Even though I was against it, I actually had high hopes for this program when it was passed, i was NOT surprised that the democrats fucked over the poor and lower middle class yet again, unfortunately...

--------------------

Offlinefivepointer
    #22559963 - 11/22/15 02:37 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:

Wrong again, I personally know people who enrolled in this shitty healthcare, because they DO have chronic health problems, and it doesn't take long to wrack up those deductibles.

Even though I was against it, I actually had high hopes for this program when it was passed, i was NOT surprised that the democrats fucked over the poor and lower middle class yet again, unfortunately...

So you are for Medicare for all now?

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22560085 - 11/22/15 03:14 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
Quote:

hostileuniverse said:

So you are for Medicare for all now?

Nope, try staying on topic, unless you are suggesting that Obowelmovementcare was DESIGNED to fail to push us to singlepayer...

Healthcare started getting fucked up once govt got involved, we have not had free market healthcare In decades

I use laser eye surgery as a great example, not covered by insurance or provided by Medicaid, simply a doctor and his patient, know what happened? The price has plummeted over the few years. Free markets are the ONLY way to control costs

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22560130 - 11/22/15 03:23 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

How did healthcare start getting "fucked up once the govt got involved"?

--------------------

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22560181 - 11/22/15 03:30 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

By introducing third party into it, once the patient wasn't paying for his services, the more convoluted and complex a transaction, the more it costs, that's basic economics

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22561706 - 11/22/15 11:04 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

By introducing third party into it, once the patient wasn't paying for his services, the more convoluted and complex a transaction, the more it costs, that's basic economics

Huh?  There's always been a third party (the insurance company).  And they're still here.  People don't have to go through the exchange if they doesn't want to.  The difference is that now, insurance can no longer screw people over who have pre-existing conditions, or things that certain private insurers didn't used to cover.

Cost growth is at an all time low as well.  :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineFishsticks
Stranger
    #22561799 - 11/22/15 11:52 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Cost of health care in the US is what's unhealthy.  We need to take responsibility for our own health and safety and stop being manipulated into idiocracy. 

The scare tactics that corporations use to sell more product is just mind boggling.  They unhealthier we are, the more they profit.  The more open heart and gastric bypass surgeries, the better in the CEO's eyes. 

According to the CDC 480,000 people die every year from tobacco smoking related illnesses, the annual cost to the US is $300 BILLION dollars annually.  1 million dollars is spent every hour by big tobacco advertising their product.

40,000 people die annually in preventable auto collisions. 

Oh but 1 US citizen dies from rabies or ebola and the corporate news media lights up some mass paranoia.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #22561886 - 11/23/15 12:34 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I think the initial idea of the ACA was a good one. The flaw lie in the fact that it counted on healthy folks buying insurance vastly outnumbering the sick folks. Unfortunately, it isn't happening. I do think it needs some retooling so as to benefit the most.

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City Flag
    #22561992 - 11/23/15 01:49 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
And what are you going to do with the $30,000 bill?

Trust me, I could think of several things :lol:

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22562219 - 11/23/15 05:39 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

Huh?  There's always been a third party (the insurance company).  And they're still here.  People don't have to go through the exchange if they doesn't want to.  The difference is that now, insurance can no longer screw people over who have pre-existing conditions, or things that certain private insurers didn't used to cover.

Cost growth is at an all time low as well.  :shrug:

Costs are still rising, surely you can't honestly believe the ACA is responsible for the slowdown, perhaps a shitty economy is, I don't know. What I do know is insurance companies used to be able to offer plans for what people need and want, not anymore... As far as I can tell, They've shifted the premiums costs to deductible costs, the ACA is not some magic cure all, if anything, it's making healthcare worse... (But that's what liberal policies do)

--------------------

Offlinefivepointer
Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: hostileuniverse] * 1
    #22562247 - 11/23/15 06:08 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

So imagine we have a totally free market in all things.  What if the cost of a policy for a person making $22,000 is still higher than he/she can afford.  So he/she has to choose between rent and health insurance?  So the person will have to rely on charity.  But what if the amount of charity is insufficient?

Since in a free market system no one will provide medical services without payment shouldn't the person in this example pray he/she never gets sick?
The Emergency Room law forcing hospitals to treat all who arrive would not apply in a free market. 

The person had better hope a medical event never happens.  Countless people will be dying in the street.  This is your version of utopia?

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22562265 - 11/23/15 06:23 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

First off, I don't believe in Utopias, that's for liberals who live in Lala land.

Secondly, you USED to be able to buy insurance that would cover only major illness for a much cheaper rate than what we have now. I used to make minimum wage, and had insurance. Shocking right? I paid my rent and had gas to go to work, food on the table, with no welfare and no charity. It can be done. It's a fact. You're assumptions that someone would HAVE to rely on charity is flawed, but yes, there are those too.

--------------------

Offlinefivepointer
    #22562287 - 11/23/15 06:46 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

So say a 65 year old comes down with dementia and needs 24/7 nursing.  The person has spent all their money on nursing and is now broke.  They should be kicked to the curb, right?  Isn't this the free market answer to this problem?

Offlineoccollegeboi
MushroomSpaceGod
Male User Gallery

#22562316 - 11/23/15 07:10 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

To the asshole who actually agrees with obamacare (I don't need to mention names, we can all see who he is): Me and everyone I know with obamacare, our premiums have DOUBLED EVERY YEAR that we have had obamacare. It happens around the same time. You know what I have to do? Since it's open enrollment, I have to look for ANOTHER plan that is cheaper.

I cannot afford this. I am healthy, I don't need medical insurance. I have rent, car insurance, bills. I have more important things to pay for than fucking medical insurance, which DOUBLES every fucking year.

If I get a plan that's 0 dollars per month, it's going to have a high deductible. I can't fucking afford the deductible. And if I see a doctor, I wouldn't be able to afford the BEFORE DEDUCTIBLE price of the copay. And if I need to see a specialist, I definitely wouldn't be able to afford the before deductible copay.  IT'S NOT AFFORDABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you talk to some people who actually have obamacare instead of spouting out the dictionary definition of what "affordable" is, because sweetie, it aint fucking affordable.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: occollegeboi]
    #22562372 - 11/23/15 07:41 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I cannot afford this. I am healthy, I don't need medical insurance. I have rent, car insurance, bills. I have more important things to pay for than fucking medical insurance, which DOUBLES every fucking year.

I hear ya brother, my insurance rates have doubled as well... Let's see, who gets fucked the MOST by the ACA? The middle class, regular joes like you and I, and people still support democrats, it baffles my mind... (I'm still convinced it's because unfettered abortion is their holy grail, so fucking scared of ANY restrictions on it, they don't care)

--------------------

Offlinefivepointer
    #22562380 - 11/23/15 07:51 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

I hear ya brother, my insurance rates have doubled as well... Let's see, who gets fucked the MOST by the ACA? The middle class, regular joes like you and I, and people still support democrats, it baffles my mind... (I'm still convinced it's because unfettered abortion is their holy grail, so fucking scared of ANY restrictions on it, they don't care)

What does abortion have to do with this thread?  Deflect when you can't answer a question.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22562482 - 11/23/15 08:34 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

What fucking question? You asserted lies as facts, I brought you facts, which you ignored.
Quote:

fivepointer said:
So say a 65 year old comes down with dementia and needs 24/7 nursing.  The person has spent all their money on nursing and is now broke.  They should be kicked to the curb, right?  Isn't this the free market answer to this problem?

You have no idea what you're talking about, typical liberal stooge. I've never advocated doing away with Medicaid for the REAL poor. This is about Obamacare, remember? I'm pretty sure a 65 year old with dementia is NOT gonna be buying health insurance, or are you saying that this mythical 65 year old is still well enough to work and afford premiums?

Pull your tongue out of Obama's ass for two seconds and concentrate, can ya do that?

--------------------

Offlinefivepointer
    #22562484 - 11/23/15 08:37 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

You just can't admit the free market is a fail.  So now you get in a hissy fit.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22562549 - 11/23/15 09:07 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:

Hissy fit? Are you retarded? If the free market is such a fail, move to Cuba or Venezuela, because that's what you people are trying to bring here. They have free healthcare and the free education you wish so dearly for...

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: United Healthcare to withdraw from Obamacare Exhanges [Re: fivepointer] * 1
    #22562555 - 11/23/15 09:09 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:

Free market and health care don't mix, but at the same time the ACA is a joke as well. Universal care works best.

Offlinefivepointer
    #22562559 - 11/23/15 09:11 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

You sound like Faux news gone crazy.  A jingoistic splattering of nonsense.

Offlinefivepointer
    #22562591 - 11/23/15 09:28 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Louisiana just voted in a Governor who will expand Medicaid.  So that is a win for sanity.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22562593 - 11/23/15 09:29 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
You sound like Faux news gone crazy.  A jingoistic splattering of nonsense.

You sound like :carlinorgasm:

--------------------

Offlinefivepointer
    #22562598 - 11/23/15 09:31 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

You need to grow up.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22562605 - 11/23/15 09:33 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
Louisiana just voted in a Governor who will expand Medicaid.  So that is a win for sanity.

Yep, I heard that, apparently they didn't learn from the last democrat governor who let New Orleans get flooded, provided no aid and refused federal govt. assistance...

Let me guess, the new one :rolleyes:is pro abortion

--------------------

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22562608 - 11/23/15 09:35 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
You need to grow up.

And you need to tell your libtard elected officials to stop giving my money to illegals, abortion clinics and Syrian terrorists

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22562822 - 11/23/15 10:43 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:
Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Healthcare started getting fucked up once govt got involved, we have not had free market healthcare In decades

Free markets are the ONLY way to control costs

You have no idea what you're talking about, typical liberal stooge. I've never advocated doing away with Medicaid for the REAL poor

I'm guessing you supported this rally then?

:bathtub40lol:

--------------------

Invisibleairclay
Morbid and Wrong
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22565280 - 11/23/15 08:26 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
i was NOT surprised that the democrats fucked over the poor and lower middle class yet again, unfortunately...

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Nope, try staying on topic, unless you are suggesting that Obowelmovementcare was DESIGNED to fail to push us to singlepayer...

you're entirely right, once the healthcare lobbyist demanded that every single person get it (otherwise they claimed only the sick would get it when they needed it and they'd go bankrupt) and then gop lead congress put every stop block measure into it every chance they got so they could to assure it was destined for failure. After passing this bastardized weakened version of the law it's simply a market place to allow the still very for-profit healthcare agencies to tweak it an squeeze every dime they still can.

I fixed some of your errors to present a more historically accurate representation of how the law became so and who actually had their hands in it.

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

#22565333 - 11/23/15 08:39 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

You think healthcare is bad, try going to the dentist.  Even if you have insurance and you need any major work done, like I do, you'll feel like you got ass-fucked by an elephant without Vaseline by the time the dentist gets through with you.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds