Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLuciferX
ape

Re: Is there anybody out there? casing q.
    #22417 - 06/27/00 11:35 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Rasing the temperature to about 78-80 usually speeds up the fruiting process. BUT, if you are going to raise the temperature, Do it slowly. if you raise temps very quickly during the pinning process you will get alot of abhorts. so raise it slowly over the course of a day or so.

Im not sure about the worm castings. If they arent nutritious to the mushroooms, they arent hurting the casing layer any.

------------------
Warning:
LuciferX causes lung cancer, Heart disease, Emphysema, and May complicate pregancy.

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Is there anybody out there? casing q. [Re: LuciferX]
    #22419 - 06/27/00 11:36 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I have an ultrasonic as well. Dont over humidify, really, turn it all the way down to low and put it on a timer so it only runs for a few hours a day. I wouldnt add them to the casing layer personally, unless the mycelium had completly taken over the casing layer. then I would say okay, but I would first sterilize those castings and only add
a thin layer between flushes. I would also try to stimulate the fungus to go back into rapid mycelial growth by raising the temp to 85F and making sure that no light hits the surface. Adding additional nutrient layers on top of a casing that is getting spent should be fine as long as he did it the way I suggested. Because If the terrarium is kept at fruiting conditions (light, 74-78 degrees, less humidity) then the worm castings might colonize extremely slow or not at all and slow colonization can lead to contamination....Maybe he should just keep a good eye on it and misting it now with some peroxide might be a good idea.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix