Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTorey
consciousparadox

Loc: somewhere over the rainbo...
constant failure of cheap digital thermometer/hygrometers
    #2239559 - 01/13/04 02:40 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone else experienced failure of these devices? 

Sure, they only cost $30CDN such as Bionair at Canadian Tire and Walmart.  But, in the experience of AFOAF, they have short life spans.  -Especially- in 99% rH environments.  The "ink" inside tends to run, and eventually malfunction so that numbers are incompletely shown.

Now, AFOAF has 3 thermometer's hygrometers, 2 analog (8$ Walmart) and 1 digital.  Not one device gives the same reading, or even close readings.  When the digi is at 99% the analogs are at 90.  etc. 

Sure, they read conditions at different rates...

Can anyone tell me the cost of accuracy?  Does one need buy a 100$ "weather station" with remote probes in order to avoid continual failure/inaccuracies?

There are no other devices available in AFOAF's proximity.  Perhaps an internet site recommendation would be useful.  :wink:

Thanks, and grr!

--------------------
peace and love!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMex
Mother Earth
Male

Loc: ITA ~ Earth ~ 13:20
Re: constant failure of cheap digital thermometer/hygrometers [Re: Torey]
    #2239688 - 01/13/04 03:57 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The only thing I can say to try in help you out with this
situation is this: take the hygrometer you got and wrap them
(one by one) in a wet cloth for about 20 minutes...
After take them off and read the humidity they say, it should be
almost 99%.
This tecnique is also useful to "reset" the hygrometer to the standard
levels. FOr sure if they are broken / have a bad set you can't do anything, just throw them in the garbage :-)

--------------------

Offlinemindfunk1
interested party
Loc: Tomahawk County
Re: constant failure of cheap digital thermometer/hygrometers [Re: Mex]
    #2240008 - 01/13/04 06:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

it sounds like you have been growing long enough that you might not need a hygro. I tossed mine after my 1st grow and haven't looked back. You can tell by looking in your terrarium if they are moist enough. Just leave a regular thermo outside in the dry air and it should be OK. In my experience, condensation on the walls means you are good to go!

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2240031 - 01/13/04 06:24 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You can turn a computer mouse and an analog hygrometer into a digital hydrometer that you can interface with your computer.

If you had the mad skillz to do it. You would have to write a program for it too.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineOmegaRed
Myco-Floydianenthusiast

Loc: right behind you
    #2240356 - 01/13/04 08:44 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

As long as the confensation level on the sidees of your fruiting chamber are at lewast twice (this is an optimum, and varies with the fruiting chamber) as tall as your cakes you should be fine.

--------------------
Hey Mr. Tamborine Man play a song for me,
I'm not sleepy and there's no place I'm going to.
Hey Mr. Tamborine Man play a song for me,
In the jingle jangle morning I'll come following you.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies