Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

Acne and your diet?
    #2200075 - 12/24/03 08:54 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I used to have bad acne (even though ive seen much much worse) and now my face has really cleared up and been clear for a while... but recently I've found myself eating slightly more junk food and have already noticed the worsening of my complexion.

So that brings me to my question, what kinds of food should I eat to help my complexion ? Any good foods to eat in particular?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: Acne and your diet? [Re: Crass]
    #2200081 - 12/24/03 09:00 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

You are best to just avoid certain foods, especially those foods that are high in fat and oil.  Do yourself a favor and stop frequenting places like McDonalds and Burger King.  The food they serve there isn't good for your body or soul.
If you want to eat a burger, go to a nice mom and pops burger place and get some real beef that doesnt contain wierd shit.  Wouldn't you rather help out some local people instead of the big wigs on high?  Do you think the owners or McDonalds eat at McDonalds?  Fuck no, that food sucks.
Oh, and as far as the convenience issue goes...if it is too late to go to a mom and pops place, and you are hungry, it's probably already too late for you to be eating anyways.  Drink some water and don't think you are getting a good deal just because you get a bunch of food for under 5 bucks.  You are getting what you pay for.  ugh. :nut:

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

Offlinedaywalker
Do you dream in color?

Loc: in my skin
    #2200109 - 12/24/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Eat all the chocolate and drink all the Pepsi you can get your hands on!

Nah, seriously, I had acne during my high school years (who doesn't) and used to listen to the tales of what not to consume and all that crap. My sincere thoughts are that it has very little to do with diet but rather more to do with stress. Think about what may have entered your life to stress you out... fast food and stress go hand and hand... think about it.

--------------------
"I suggest we ... learn to love our ... selves before it ... becomes illegal."

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
    #2200128 - 12/24/03 09:30 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Your diet does not lead to acne, but the grease from a lot of foods, if it gets onto your face, can. Try not to touch your face a lot when you eat, and if you go to Papa Ginos or McDonalds or something and eat a greasy meal wash your face afterwards.

Honestly, washing your face on a regular basis should help a lot. There are OTC and Rx meds available, though -- most use salicylic acid, but if this doesn't help an Rx for doxycycline or something could help, too (see your doctor.)

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2200180 - 12/24/03 10:02 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I agree with micro and daywalker, I used to have acne and ate all healthy shit and drank tons of water and washed my face alot and it didn't help really, then I finally just grew out of it and my face is clear as hell now, I think it has to do with hormones and stress and picking/playing with your face with dirty hands, also when I used to wash my face 3 times a day+ it made my skin really dry and didn't help, dead skin goes into pores and causes acne I think cuz I stopped washing my face all the time and let the natural oils build up and it got better, it all depends on what kind of skin you have though, if you get "face dandruff" (for lack of a better word) I wouldn't wash my face so often, I couldn't really get rid of it until I was about 18 almost 19 then it just dissappeared though  :smile:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2200197 - 12/24/03 10:11 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think the worst things are:

- Stress
- Rubbing your face

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #2200204 - 12/24/03 10:17 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Foods themselves don't really affect it.. you can't say "chocolate causes breakouts", though for certain people chocolate can trigger breakouts. It depends on each person.. Your best bet is to drink lots of water, this keeps your face from producing excess oils since it doesnt have to keep water from evapourating as much. Keep an eye out for foods you find cause you to break out. Change your pillowcase often. After a week, flip it over, and then after 2 change it.

I also highly suggest Benzoyl Peroxide treatment. Cheap and effective. :smile:

www.acne.org

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

#2200220 - 12/24/03 10:25 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

acne sucks, I still fight it and I'm 21. Although now it's like 100 times better... i just feel so silly buying the face wash cuz there's all these little 13 year old girls then... me LOL

Anyway, food and acne are totally unrelated. As a teenage girl I was always reading 'Teen' and 'YM' 'Teen People' etc and they all said the same thing, only time studies show greasy foods cause acne is when the grease was applied to the face.

However, since zits are basically little infections of pores, it's best of you make sure you get all the vitimans, etc needed to build up a strong immune system and anti-bodies so the infections don't even happen. If it's real bad you may want to see a dr.... most of the time they'll prescribe antibiotics and face cream. Prescription face cream is VERY expensive, so unless you have insurance, just get the strongest OTC cream out there... most of them are 'prescription strength' now anyway. Also EXFOLIATE. Best thing out there-St Ives medicated apricot scrub or Clean&Clear blackhead eliminating scrub. the first week or so you use an exfoliant your acne will actually get worse cuz it's drawing out the oil and nastiness that's wwaayy deeep down in your pores. First week or so exfoliate everyday, after that exfoliate every few days, but wash with a strong cleanser. Avoid astringents (sea breeze) if you have sensitive or dry skin, unless you work at a restaurant or anywhere else your face may be in like constant contact with airborn grease and oil. when buying cleanser don't just grab the first thing you see, look for the print on the front and find a formula for your skin type. If you have oily skin and grab something for dry skin the extra moisturizers will just make your skin even more oily.

anyway, hope this helps... good luck and if you're a guy don't be afraid of looking 'gay' when you use these products... remember there's nothing 'gay' about taking care of yourself so you look good to girls.

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#2200654 - 12/25/03 03:11 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

This is what I've done to fight acne, with the most effective first. Accutane is the shit, though I had it a long time ago. It seems whenever I get too drunk I get a zit, thats 2).

1) Accutane. You may be able to get a prescription from your doctor. If not, do check with a doctor if its safe with your bloodtype, then buy it from a country that has low drug prices.

2) Drink less carbonated beverages

3) Use a fancy facial-cleansing soap when you shower. I like Clean and Clear.

4) Eat less junk food.

OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

Re: Acne and your diet? [Re: djfrog]
    #2200825 - 12/25/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I was on accutane about 3 years ago. It helped alot but it's not bad enough ATM to go back on... Thanks for all the advice guys i'll try it.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2201178 - 12/25/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i had/have minor acne that wouldnt go away. Id get the deep ones that just hurt and a lot of time didnt even come to the surface. I got some accutane from the doc and im on my 4th of 5 months and its almost all gone. Stuff works great.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals