Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things?
    #14250326 - 04/06/11 10:09 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

I saw these online and couldn't help but agree with them.

When I saw SuperSize Me I thought it was a dumb movie, and a pointless documentary.

I think people want to demonize fast food as some kind of unholy, cosmically superbad food that it could never actually be.

Sure, it isn't the best for you, but it isn't actually worse for you than a lot of "bad foods"

I also feel he manipulated it to make it worse than what a person would actually do.

All kinds of people eat fast food. There is no way to tell what these people diets consist of but i certainly don't think this food is worse than other things they could be eating or that eating it in moderation is any worse than eating a lot of other "bad" things in moderation.

Its not worse simply by the virtue of it being "fast food."

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #14250345 - 04/06/11 10:14 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

its worse by virtue of marketing that supplies far greater quantities of calories and salt than a person fucking needs.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

OfflineGreenvalley
PRS
Male User Gallery

Loc: Why not?
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #14250359 - 04/06/11 10:17 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Have you ever seen the year old bigmac?

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #14250364 - 04/06/11 10:18 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

I think that junk food is very aptly named, and that it is an addiction fostered in the early years of a person's life which becomes very difficult to kick later on in spite of its negative health effects. When I have children I plan to go out of my way to protect them from junk food.

That said, I think it would be retarded to throw any kind of "book" at fast food places. This is America, and I want my Jack in the Crack. :crankey:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

InvisibleLynnch
Strangerer
 User Gallery

#14250372 - 04/06/11 10:20 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Its not bad because its fast food, its bad because most of it isnt really food at all. Reconstituted potato paste? "meat" with more soy than cow? bleh.
Ok, its not quite the poison its made out to be, Its really cheap food with a jacked up price.  For the same price as one large meal I could bbq a bunch of REAL burgers with less grease and no additives  for my entire house. Food made with love just tastes better.

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Lynnch]
    #14250382 - 04/06/11 10:22 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

It's true, most of the "taste" of fast food comes from MSG and artificial flavoring. You can really tell, because while it tastes awesome and satisfying, it also doesn't taste like actual food. :wtf:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlineargg
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Nigeria
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Greenvalley]
    #14250398 - 04/06/11 10:25 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Greenvalley said:

I don't get it? what was the point? That foods with more moisture will degrade faster? The mcd fries are so thin they just dry out like a potato chip so of course they are just going to sit there. The big mac has very little meat compared to bread that is more dry so it had less condensation but I wonder what the inside looked like. The big steak fries are like agar and imagine what would happen if you just tossed PDA agar wedges in a jar in a less the sterile fashion. This experiment was retarded and had no point.

--------------------

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #14250404 - 04/06/11 10:26 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

why not let people be obese but warn them the food in excess will damage health. Its their life let them choose :shrug: Just like on the side of a cigarette box?

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #14250407 - 04/06/11 10:27 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

I think the point of Super Size Me was to sway people away from fastfood.

Fastfood is putrid and terrible for you. Its nearly all processed and packed with terrible amounts of sodium. Processed foods are just no good, I am sorry to tell you.

We are human. We are meant to eat cuts of meat, grains, fats, and veggys.

Not saying I dont like mcdonalds food. It tastes good but I strongly believe that shit is the cause for alot of obesity, possibly prostate cancers, and health related issues.

To say the least. If I have children. No Mcdonalds more than once a month.

OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: XUL]
    #14250515 - 04/06/11 10:50 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

I just watched "Food, Inc"

Scary shit. One of the points was basically that we all eat fast food. The method of meat production in this country is set up to serve fast food companies, so the meat you buy at the grocery store is the same shit you get at mcdonalds.

It was a really good documentary. Turned me into a vegeatarian. Two whole days without meat :lol:

Seriously I used to laugh at the stupid hippies saying "But its mean to eat animals!" But after watching Food, Inc. I see that they were fuckin right. The meat industry has no respect for life AT ALL. And about the same if not less respect for the workers they employ. It's a really fucked industry.

--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.

~William S. Burroughs

Edited by StaleShrooms (04/06/11 10:51 PM)

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #14250527 - 04/06/11 10:52 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

thats simply not true.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #14250716 - 04/06/11 11:27 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:27 PM)

Scholar
Male

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Cannabischarlie] * 1
    #14250756 - 04/06/11 11:35 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:28 PM)

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #14250920 - 04/07/11 12:27 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

I also could outrun & outlift >90% of people in my general age group. Are the two related?

For the most part, no.  Congratulations, you won the genetic lottery.

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: EntheogenicPeace] * 1
    #14250937 - 04/07/11 12:34 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

I'm fitter and healthier than the vast majority of people I know, but I eat junk food occasionally. I think it has its place, honestly, so long as you don't eat it regularly, don't eat it before exercise or a big day, etc.

I'm pretty much laid-out by a McDonald's breakfast, for example, so I'd never eat one before trying to get anything done. But I do enjoy the hell out of it on the odd weekend or holiday.

Also, I don't go around bragging about my health and fitness, because I'm not an elitist douchebag. Something to think about.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Lynnch]
    #14251643 - 04/07/11 05:40 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

McDonalds' standards for its beef exceed that of supermarket standards. There's no soy or any other additives. The burgers are cooked with machinery and freeze dried and warmed at the joints. Executives determined that this actually enhanced the flavor of the burgers. The reason the food may not taste so good is because for some insane reason they microwave your order. If you ask the not to microwave it, the food tastes great. Maybe they're not supposed to microwave. Maybe one of the low life managers brought a microwave in.

As far as "reconstituted potatoe product." Ground up dried potatoes and water added back into it to make the fries? This is why their fries have such a fine texture and uniform taste. Just because the word "reconstituted" scares you...

Edited by s240779 (04/07/11 05:50 AM)

InvisibleSet
candy colored clown
 User Gallery

Loc: right near da beach Flag
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: s240779]
    #14251660 - 04/07/11 05:49 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

superhigh said:
The burgers are cooked with machinery and freeze dried and warmed at the joints

wat

no

it isn't space food

--------------------
    classic LOVELINE

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Set]
    #14251666 - 04/07/11 05:54 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

are some of you seriously trying to say its not that bad for you?

yea the supersize movie was kind of dumb, not many people eat that shit 3 times a day but you know what? Some people are pretty fuckin close.

Lets do another supersize me where he eats nothing but fruits and vegetables. Sure hes still gonna come out a little fucked up, Im not here saying thats a healthy diet, but it would be nothing compared to the horrendous results from the mcdonalds test.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #14251668 - 04/07/11 05:56 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

StaleShrooms said:

Scary shit. One of the points was basically that we all eat fast food. The method of meat production in this country is set up to serve fast food companies, so the meat you buy at the grocery store is the same shit you get at mcdonalds.

It was a really good documentary. Turned me into a vegeatarian. Two whole days without meat :lol:

Seriously I used to laugh at the stupid hippies saying "But its mean to eat animals!" But after watching Food, Inc. I see that they were fuckin right. The meat industry has no respect for life AT ALL. And about the same if not less respect for the workers they employ. It's a really fucked industry.

so a propaganda film turned you into a vegetarian, way to buy into the
bullshit. just because they call it a documentary doesnt mean it's not
slanted, most in fact are, they show you what they want you to see just
as any other piece of yellow journalism would

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: s240779]
    #14251671 - 04/07/11 05:59 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

superhigh said:
The burgers are cooked with machinery and freeze dried and warmed at the joints.

I dont think you understand what freeze drying really is to make this
statement, if they were freeze dried they'd have to be reconstituted
with water before being reheated. freeze drying is a means of preserving
it by vacuuming out all the moisture in a below zero environment

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #14251675 - 04/07/11 06:01 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

StaleShrooms said:

So do you personally have a problem with vegetarianism?

...why?

I never got that. People seem so accepting of other shitty dietary choices but ive noticed for some odd reason alot of meat eaters almost seem hatefull of broccoliheads.

Me personally think that everything should be in moderation. I eat meat, its fuckin bomb, but i dont eat nearly as much as most people because thats just ridiculous to me.

--------------------

Offlines240779

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #14251680 - 04/07/11 06:04 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Well they invested in machinery to do it. I read a book on McDonalds and there's several pages that detail their transition from using fresh beef to the freeze drying process. They openly go into detail and even claim that it improves the end product.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #14251688 - 04/07/11 06:07 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

So here is the lesson learned folks.

Food from Mcdonalds and Taco bell is food and is good, but its gross mass produced garbage made to taste good and keep lots of dumb people happy and alive.

This is exactly why You should find your local knuckle dragging primate for a farmer/hillbilly and buy your meat from ME fresh.

Because Ill show you when and how it was killed, why, what knives were used to cut it and exactly how many people are going to die of salmonella.

Of course to learn all of this will cost money, and you would rather spend that at tried and true mcds.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Hakim0777]
    #14251690 - 04/07/11 06:11 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Hakim0777 said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

StaleShrooms said:

So do you personally have a problem with vegetarianism?

no... what makes you think I have a problem with vegetarianism?
my statement was about the propaganda that people buy into in order to
make some of these choices, they go in with a little knowledge and believe
they know the truth, it's been pointed out hundreds of times in dozens of
threads by people that have been in or around the industry but they still
let that .01% of bad determine that the whole thing is fucked

Quote:

I never got that. People seem so accepting of other shitty dietary choices but ive noticed for some odd reason alot of meat eaters almost seem hatefull of broccoliheads.

I think you and many others read something into this shit that isnt even there

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14251702 - 04/07/11 06:14 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

superhigh said:
Well they invested in machinery to do it. I read a book on McDonalds and there's several pages that detail their transition from using fresh beef to the freeze drying process. They openly go into detail and even claim that it improves the end product.

I think either the boo gave you bad info or you're mistaking freeze drying
for flash freezing, flash freezing is common in the food industry, it allows
food to be frozen rapidly so that large ice crystals dont form and rupture
cell walls in plants and animal tissues, it helps to preserve that 'fresh'
flavor and texture in foods

something McDonalds doesnt have

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #14251704 - 04/07/11 06:15 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:

Food from Mcdonalds and Taco bell is food and is good, but its gross mass produced garbage made to taste good and keep lots of dumb people happy and alive.

This is exactly why You should find your local knuckle dragging primate for a farmer/hillbilly and buy your meat from ME fresh.

Because Ill show you when and how it was killed, why, what knives were used to cut it and exactly how many people are going to die of salmonella.

Of course to learn all of this will cost money, and you would rather spend that at tried and true mcds.

you are a god among men good sir.

--------------------

Offlines240779

#14251711 - 04/07/11 06:17 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

superhigh said:

I think either the boo gave you bad info or you're mistaking freeze drying
for flash freezing, flash freezing is common in the food industry, it allows
food to be frozen rapidly so that large ice crystals dont form and rupture
cell walls in plants and animal tissues, it helps to preserve that 'fresh'
flavor and texture in foods

something McDonalds doesnt have

Thanks for the clarification.

Next time you place an order there, try asking them no to put your food in the microwave.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #14251714 - 04/07/11 06:17 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:

Food from Mcdonalds and Taco bell is food and is good

no... fast food tastes nasty, I try to avoid it based on flavor alone,
McDonalds I'd probably eat if they hadnt changed so much shit in order to
present the appearance of being healthier, for instance they used to fry
their fries in beef fat and back then they were the best... no longer

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14251718 - 04/07/11 06:20 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

superhigh said:
Next time you place an order there, try asking them no to put your food in the microwave.

the few times I do order food there that's exactly what I tell them

they often claim there's no microwave in the restaurant

InvisibleSet
candy colored clown
 User Gallery

Loc: right near da beach Flag
    #14251722 - 04/07/11 06:21 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

superhigh said:
I read a book on McDonalds and there's several pages that detail their transition from using fresh beef to the freeze drying process.

Surely that is their plan for the future.

--------------------
    classic LOVELINE

InvisibleSamuel L Jackson
Bad Motherfucker
Male

#14251726 - 04/07/11 06:24 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

heres a quote from "animal, vegetable, miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver (the quote is from her daughter camille):

"Humans are naturally adapted to an omnivorous diet: we have canine teeth for tearing meat and plenty of enzymes in our guts to digest the proteins and fats found in animals. Ancestral societies in every part of the world have historically relied on animal products for sustenance. Even the ancient Hindu populations of India were not complete vegetarians - though they did not know this. Traditional harvesting techniques always left a substantial amount of insect parts, mostly termite larvae and eggs, in their grain supply. When vegan Hindu populations began moving to England, where food sanitation regulations are stricter, they began to suffer from a high incidence of anemia. Just a tiny amount of meat (even insect parts!) in the diet makes a big difference. Of course, abstaining from meat for relatively short periods for spiritual reasons is a practice common to many societies. During these times, traditionally, we're meant to be less active and more contemplative, reducing our need for the nutrients supplied by animal products."

if the vegetarians and vegans on this board take supplements and claim that they are just fine without meat, theyre kidding themselves.

edit: this isnt really a post directed at anyone, its more or less just some rambling on my opinion of vegetarians and vegans.

--------------------

Edited by Samuel L Jackson (04/07/11 06:26 AM)

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Samuel L Jackson] * 1
    #14251757 - 04/07/11 06:37 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:
heres a quote from "animal, vegetable, miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver (the quote is from her daughter camille):

"Humans are naturally adapted to an omnivorous diet: we have canine teeth for tearing meat and plenty of enzymes in our guts to digest the proteins and fats found in animals. Ancestral societies in every part of the world have historically relied on animal products for sustenance. Even the ancient Hindu populations of India were not complete vegetarians - though they did not know this. Traditional harvesting techniques always left a substantial amount of insect parts, mostly termite larvae and eggs, in their grain supply. When vegan Hindu populations began moving to England, where food sanitation regulations are stricter, they began to suffer from a high incidence of anemia. Just a tiny amount of meat (even insect parts!) in the diet makes a big difference. Of course, abstaining from meat for relatively short periods for spiritual reasons is a practice common to many societies. During these times, traditionally, we're meant to be less active and more contemplative, reducing our need for the nutrients supplied by animal products."

if the vegetarians and vegans on this board take supplements and claim that they are just fine without meat, theyre kidding themselves.

edit: this isnt really a post directed at anyone, its more or less just some rambling on my opinion of vegetarians and vegans.

I have never said this to you because I usually find your post informative and entertaining but that is complete bullshit.

I was a vegetarian for 3 years and not only did I get all the shit my body needed but I actually got more than most meat eaters.

--------------------

Bad Motherfucker
Male

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Hakim0777]
    #14251764 - 04/07/11 06:41 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

:shrug: i dunno. its possible but im just speaking from personal opinion.

also, ive never seen a vegetarian or vegan who i have looked at and said "they look really healthy!"

they have no meat on them. they look like vegetables. cold, clammy, and meatless.

--------------------

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Samuel L Jackson]
    #14251840 - 04/07/11 07:26 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:

also, ive never seen a vegetarian or vegan who i have looked at and said "they look really healthy!"

they have no meat on them. they look like vegetables. cold, clammy, and meatless.

seriously?

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/

I do not however, support veganism. Just sayin...

--------------------

Bad Motherfucker
Male

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Samuel L Jackson]
    #14251847 - 04/07/11 07:32 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

from the store on that website:

http://store.veganessentials.com/vega-complete-whole-food-health-optimizer-p1335.aspx

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:

--------------------

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#14251992 - 04/07/11 08:27 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Lynnch said:
Its not bad because its fast food, its bad because most of it isnt really food at all. Reconstituted potato paste? "meat" with more soy than cow? bleh.
Ok, its not quite the poison its made out to be, Its really cheap food with a jacked up price.  For the same price as one large meal I could bbq a bunch of REAL burgers with less grease and no additives  for my entire house. Food made with love just tastes better.

It depends on the burger i guess, but i never get the meals and i cook hamburgers all the time too. It just depends on what kind of hamburger you cook.

i really don't believe in the concept of "junk food." Morgan Spurlock didn't prove shit, he overate, he got fat. thats like jumping in the water and proving you get wet.

--------------------

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Jefferson
    #14252102 - 04/07/11 09:03 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Yeah Morgan Spurlock won't release his eating journal either. Some have had a hard time coming up with the same calorie count he supposedly ate.

Fat Head is kind of a funny one to watch. Debunks some things, although at time is is a little hard to watch.

I will say Super High Me was a really stupid movie though.

Now I want a Dairy Queen hamburger.

Scholar
Male

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Viveka]
    #14253445 - 04/07/11 02:28 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:32 PM)

Scholar
Male

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #14253455 - 04/07/11 02:30 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

Scholar
Male

#14253521 - 04/07/11 02:41 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #14253643 - 04/07/11 02:59 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

I see nothing wrong with eating fast food in moderation.

while maybe high in salt, fat, and calories, it still has plenty of nutritional value.  For people who are active, or trying to gain weight, the high calories in the food can be a good thing.

For example; i recently heard of a man who ate mcdonalds before he ran a marathon presumably because of it's high calories.

The average male should eat about 2000 calories in a day, The highest calorie fast food meals i have seen with my own eyes are somewhere up near 1000, average maybe 600 or 700, which is not bad.

3 meals a day eating average fast food and you've just met your average recommended caloric intake.

So that said, the calories in it aren't a problem, it's more the salt and fat, but even then, if you were to eat low sodium/low fat for other meals in the day you'd be eating fine and healthy.

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

OfflineMoxyOx
Grazin'

Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Shins]
    #14253849 - 04/07/11 03:30 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Anything that's been highly processed is not meant to be a staple food in the human diet. Whole foods are the best nutritious sources of life, whether it be from an animal or a plant.

I also have to agree with some people on here that fast food isn't that terrible for you. The modern american doesn't NEED to move around as much as his ancestors so there is no need for a completely healthy diet. As long as you get the basic minerals/vitamins and seek a bit of exercise, your diet won't have that much of an influence. Exercise/movement influences health more than anything.

--------------------
No one behind, no one ahead.
The path the ancients cleared has closed.
And the other path, everyone's path,
easy and wide, goes nowhere.
I am alone and find my way.

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: MoxyOx]
    #14253974 - 04/07/11 03:51 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

I don't to see the problem with fast food and the health problems for the people that eat it nonstop.  We have gotten to the point that we're so backwards that we will fight to make sure evolution and natural selection are taught in public schools, but when it comes to actually letting it happen we can't stand by and watch like we should.  Irony.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14254187 - 04/07/11 04:32 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Quote:

i really don't believe in the concept of "junk food." Morgan Spurlock didn't prove shit, he overate, he got fat. thats like jumping in the water and proving you get wet.

Science & statistics say otherwise. 10-15 g is avg amt of fiber in American diet, & only ~11% get recommended fruits & veggies.

These are directly correlated to poor health

20 years on a nearly all meat diet and maintained perfect health, most of
that I was eating only one meal per day, my health was perfect
and genetics play the largest role in that

Quote:

those who get the recommended amount of fiber & fruits/veggies are much healthier than statistics for the general population.

so I keep hearing but I've experienced otherwise

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#14254431 - 04/07/11 05:19 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Quote:

For the most part, no.  Congratulations, you won the genetic lottery.

Genetics has little to do with it. Training & discipline (especially dietary), on the other hand, do.

Genetics has everything to do with it.  I know that believing otherwise helps you feel like more of a bad ass but if your biomechanical machinery is geared a certain way so to speak, it won't matter if you give it the best fuel in the world at all the right intervals, you won't perform past a certain threshold because the amino acids involved just don't know how to get it together man. 

And believe me, I'm a major advocate of proper diet and the necessity of a consistent lifestyle to maximize one's potenital.  Right now I'm eating a bowl of muesli(raw oats, dates, nuts, berries) with some green tea and I'll be eating another small, wholesome meal in a couple hours because I've found that this is the ideal way for me to eat to maintain hralthy weight and energy levels.  But unfortunately I have a genetic muscular disorder, one my mom has also, so despite my best efforts, my body is pretty fucked up in some ways and there's nothing that training or dietary discipline can touch.  In fact, if I over-train I can fuck myself up pretty bad.

I used to reject notions that genetics played the biggest part in health, largely because I wanted to believe that I could just will my defective genetics away. But believing that genetics has little to do with health and fitness is just more new-age bullshit like 'The Secret' or Dr. Emoto's Magic Water.  Our bodies are biological organisms that get their instructions for growth and development from a lineage of people that came before.  Training and diet will help maximize your potential but physical potential is determined by genes.

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Samuel L Jackson] * 1
    #14254770 - 04/07/11 06:19 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:

:rofldrunk:

Some woman's daughter said vegetarianism is bad. It must be!

Wow.

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Brugman]
    #14254867 - 04/07/11 06:41 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

I hate the "genetics" argument.  it's such a cop out, i don't buy it.

--------------------

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Shins]
    #14254896 - 04/07/11 06:50 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

What, you mean the "argument" that genetics plays a major role in our health?  Yeah, you don't have to "buy it" in order for it to be truth.

InvisibleAmber Trichome

Loc: Black Mountain
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Viveka]
    #14254916 - 04/07/11 06:53 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Eradicate obesity.

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#14254936 - 04/07/11 06:56 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

It's true to a degree yeah, i just hate it when people use it as an excuse, or think that it cannot be altered.

--------------------

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Brugman]
    #14255141 - 04/07/11 07:35 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Brugman said:
Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:

:rofldrunk:

Some woman's daughter said vegetarianism is bad. It must be!

Wow.

Prince Fielder is a vegetarian and he weights 270 LBS.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Scholar
Male

#14255565 - 04/07/11 08:49 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:34 PM)

Scholar
Male

#14255619 - 04/07/11 08:58 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:34 PM)

Free sVs!
Female

#14255673 - 04/07/11 09:07 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

I also feel the calorie count of fast food does not quite do justice to all the other ways it is difficult for the body to digest.

I mean seriously, the stuff cannot reasonably be called food. McDonald's burgers do not go bad, ever. They do not rot or biodegrade. In other words, germs won't eat it.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Scholar
Male

#14255681 - 04/07/11 09:09 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:35 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14255730 - 04/07/11 09:18 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
However, for most people, it is overwhelmingly a cop out. Take me: I used to be moderately (like 30 lbs.) overweight, had a pretty poor diet, & didn't routinely exercise (the only times that I did were usually when I was high, actually.) Was genetics to blame for me being out-of-shape?

of course genetics isnt the only factor in being 'in shape' but being in
shape is different than health, there's plenty of people that are healthy
that eat what you consider to be a poor diet, just as many that eat poorly
are in great shape, eating vegetarian/vegan doesnt get you into good shape
or make you healthy if you're one to sit in front of a video game all day

you made several decisions that changed you, not only did you change your
diet but you decided to become more active, still genetics plays an
important role, genetics determine whether you'll bulk up when working out
or if you'll remain wiry but gain strength, this can of course be altered
to some degree with diet, supplements and intensity of training but you'll
also see that the body will also begin to return to the state genetics
dictate

Quote:

One day nearly three years ago I went cold turkey on all junk food & drink, more or less, & begin to exercise religiously. When I first ran I only made it a little over 1/3 of a mile b4 stopping. By the end of the summer I was doing up to 4-5 mi in one run, & commonly did 7-8 mi a day between two or three separate runs. I went from an out-of-shape 190-195 down to a lean 160 (I'm actually back up to 200-205, but the muscle to fat ratio is far different than it was.)

when I was 16 I was running 5 miles daily, I did 3 days a week of 15
miles. it was a routine I kept for around 5 years.  I was 170lbs and
eating junk food and drinking soft drinks, I dropped the soft drinks, and
junk food, ate mostly meat and non carbonated drinks like coffee and tea
and stopped running, I dropped to 115lbs in just a few months, I
fluctuated between 115-125 for the next 20 years and my activity level
varied. I started eating a 'normal' diet with veggies as well as meat and
gained weight, up to 180lbs, and currently back to 160 with less activity
than when I was at my peak weight, at no point has my health been affected
by my diet or my level of exercise... genetic make up determines the state
of my health, diet has little effect. diet and exercise does play an
important role in my physical appearance as well as my stamina but little else

Quote:

So in short, I would find it pathetic if someone who eats a lot of junk & rarely if ever strenuously exercises, were to say that genetics is the difference...

you keep trying to equate the stamina from regular activity to the diet
people eat, the diet makes no difference in the scenario you presented, as
I stated, I ate junk food and was 'over weight' yet I had more stamina
than the vast majority of the population, I eat a 'normal' diet, moderate
amounts of junk and while I cant make a 15 mile run today I can still out
perform most my age and younger that eat 'healthy' and do nothing.

Scholar
Male

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #14255732 - 04/07/11 09:18 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:36 PM)

Scholar
Male

#14255800 - 04/07/11 09:29 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:37 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14255825 - 04/07/11 09:33 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Quote:

Me: those who get the recommended amount of fiber & fruits/veggies are much healthier than statistics for the general population.

You: so I keep hearing but I've experienced otherwise

Lol, really? Are you such a conspiracy theorist that you will reject common sense & and decades of scientific literature?

are you so gullible as to believe that common sense is actually common and
that much of the scientific research on diets/nutrition is biased, just
look at the various books on the market that contradict half the others on
the same subject

can you define what you think healthy is? is it being able to lift your
body weight and run 7 miles because while that adds to ones overall health
it does nothing to maintain good health, just look at all the athletes
that have dropped dead before they were 30

Quote:

While we're at it, my experience has been that people who eat magic mushrooms are usually gay, and find little boys irresistible. Don't have statistics, but it's just my unbiased experience.

you should give your confession to the police or your priest, maybe you
guys can swap tips

Quote:

Quote:

20 years on a nearly all meat diet and maintained perfect health, most of
that I was eating only one meal per day, my health was perfect
and genetics play the largest role in that

You know your genetics are primarily responsible for your "perfect" health, & not a healthy lifestyle? How do you know that? Even if true, though, you'd be in the small minority if that were the case.

yes, because I come from a family of people that live long, well into
their 90s that dont die from cancer, arent sick all the time, have no
debilitating ailments and certainly dont live healthy lifestyles

Quote:

However, too much meat leads to colon cancer & numerous other ills, in the vast majority of ppl. In moderation that wouldn't be an issue now, but by the end of the century, if progress is as many predict, we will be living robustly to 150-200 years old, in which case it will be an issue.

again, that's a genetics issue, some people have genetic predisposition to
cancer and diet can be a determining factor in whether they contract colon
cancer but it's certainly no guarantee that anyone will if they're eating
those fatty meats

what healthy people are living to be 200 years old, can you name an ethnic
group that lives into the 150 range because they eat so well?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14255862 - 04/07/11 09:39 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Quote:

when I was 16 I was running 5 miles daily, I did 3 days a week of 15
miles. it was a routine I kept for around 5 years.  I was 170lbs and
eating junk food and drinking soft drinks, I dropped the soft drinks, and
junk food, ate mostly meat and non carbonated drinks like coffee and tea
and stopped running, I dropped to 115lbs in just a few months

That would seem to implicate the diet, would it not, especially if the meat wasn't in the form of Bk whoppers with fires & sodas?

let's see... eating junk food, exercising and be overweight, cut the junk
food and the activity and become underweight... I ate the fast food, I
skipped the soft drinks, like I said, the majority of my diet was meat
often times the meat was in the form of a burger, usually with no bun,
sometimes with and occasionally with fries

dont make assumptions

Quote:

I would disagree that most people who eat poorly are healthy

what is healthy though... are the majority of people in the hospital all the time?

Scholar
Male

#14255883 - 04/07/11 09:44 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:37 PM)

Free sVs!
Female

#14255898 - 04/07/11 09:48 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Some demographics reliably eat less fast food than others. Is there any data correlating that with their lifespans?

Oh and EntheogenicPeace, http://news.softpedia.com/news/Artist-s-Happy-Meal-Project-Proves-McDonald-s-Doesn-t-Ever-Go-Bad-160570.shtml if you were wondering where my second claim came from. I think the status of fast food as "food" is very questionable. If bacteria won't eat it, I really wonder how the digestive tract copes. I take for granted that it's bad for you.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Scholar
Male

#14255901 - 04/07/11 09:48 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:38 PM)

Free sVs!
Female

#14255905 - 04/07/11 09:50 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

I think it's kind of unreasonable to consider obesity a medical condition. Most obese people I know are perfectly healthy. :shrug:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Scholar
Male

#14255915 - 04/07/11 09:52 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:38 PM)

Free sVs!
Female

#14255920 - 04/07/11 09:54 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

I don't think all wealthy people eat lots of fast food. I'm no statistics major but I'm sure you could compare those guys with the wealthy ones who do eat fast food; and also the impoverished who don't eat fast food vs. those who do.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Scholar
Male

#14255936 - 04/07/11 09:56 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:39 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14255943 - 04/07/11 09:58 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Quote:

just look at all the athletes
that have dropped dead before they were 30

What the hell are you talking about?

Yes, with few exceptions, abilities at distance running & pull-ups are great proxies for a person's health, especially 20s+.

incorrect, you're looking at only a narrow portion of 'health'

Quote:

Anyways, keep believing that those % of the diet that get recommended fiber & consume recommended amounts of fruits & veggies aren't much healthier than the general pop.

just try to define healthy in your own words, can we consider over weight
people to be healthy even though the all this science says they arent, I
mean by your own admission, you're overweight yet you claim to be healthy

Quote:

Quote:

what healthy people are living to be 200 years old, can you name an ethnic
group that lives into the 150 range because they eat so well?

Not at all what i said.

I know, you equated it to some mystical evolution to pure energy kinda crap

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14255954 - 04/07/11 10:00 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Quote:

eating junk food, exercising and be overweight, cut the junk
food and the activity and become underweight

Ok, won't disagree with that.

so activity is not important in being healthy

Quote:

Quote:

what is healthy though... are the majority of people in the hospital all the time?

Lipitor is #1 grossing pharmaceutical sold in the U.S. 32-33% obesity rate. enough said.

so a minority of americans are unhealthy

Scholar
Male

#14255985 - 04/07/11 10:06 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:40 PM)

Scholar
Male

#14256020 - 04/07/11 10:13 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:40 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14256031 - 04/07/11 10:15 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Quote:

mean by your own admission, you're overweight yet you claim to be healthy

To call me overweight, as if i eat poorly & don't exercise, couldn't be further from the truth.

I didnt say that, but I'm sure based on your height that you surely must
be overweight if you were overweight at only 190, overweight doesnt mean
obese, it just means you weigh too much for the height you are... unless
of course you're 6'6" tall, then you'd be in your target weight zone

Quote:

If you are familiar with the BMI & muscle vs. fat densities, then you would know that having a high proportion of muscle to fat skews the results

right and having too little body fat is unhealthy

Quote:

Quote:

I know, you equated it to some mystical evolution to pure energy kinda crap

No, an increased understanding of the science of aging, & how to combat it, is not mystical evolution.

yes... modern medicine to keep us alive far longer than we should be

dont see it happening

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14256066 - 04/07/11 10:21 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Quote:

so activity is not important in being healthy

Diet is more important for most ppl in most circumstances, yes.

I'm still waiting on your definition of healthy because it seems to be a
very vague term that you like to toss around

Quote:

Quote:

so a minority of americans are unhealthy

You don't have to be obese to be unhealthy. Alcohol & tobacco abuse come to mind, or illegal drugs, for that matter. Overweight can be unhealthy, too, but not necessarily.

you're right, someone can be too lean with far too much muscle and be
unhealthy, someone can eat well, exercise and contract cancer and they
arent healthy, someone that has pneumonia isnt healthy regardless of their
diet... can we find out what healthy is yet?

Scholar
Male

#14256076 - 04/07/11 10:22 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:41 PM)

Scholar
Male

#14256105 - 04/07/11 10:26 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:41 PM)

Offlinethissongis
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: 4runner]
    #14256123 - 04/07/11 10:29 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

anunnakian said:
Yeah Morgan Spurlock won't release his eating journal either. Some have had a hard time coming up with the same calorie count he supposedly ate.

Fat Head is kind of a funny one to watch. Debunks some things, although at time is is a little hard to watch.

I will say Super High Me was a really stupid movie though.

Now I want a Dairy Queen hamburger.

Worked there recently, I hate they way they prepare they're burger meat because its just thrown in a machine. But I can say when I worked there we were clean as fuck and the food service and quality was as good as a fast food place can get. I hate going to fast food though after working there because you know what people can get away with and most likely do. Dq's got there shit down though as far as being tough on following guidelines and safety. im 140 lbs and can eat whatever because im young so just about anything goes in my mouth. :datass:

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #14256136 - 04/07/11 10:31 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

For my height and activity level, I'm overweight anytime I'm over 160 pounds.

When I was working out 6 days a week and climbing 14,000ft mountains on the weekend I couldn't get that skinny.
I never did weigh that little as an adult.

So maybe I'm overweight, or maybe the numbers are wrong.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Doc_T]
    #14256172 - 04/07/11 10:38 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Generalizations are bullshit always.

--------------------
Enlil said:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14256177 - 04/07/11 10:39 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Yes, BMI lists me as overweight, as it does Victor Martinez (who, again, unfortunately nobody has ever mistaken me for.)

Yes, agree that too little body fat is unhealthy.

so you eat a healthy diet yet you're unhealthy

Quote:

Quote:

yes... modern medicine to keep us alive far longer than we should be

dont see it happening

What? It already does. We went from an avg. lifespan of 40 to like 80 in the developed world in a century.

well, the bible tells us men lived to be 600-900 years old so it seems
we've shortened our lifespans and this whole "modern medicine/science has
extended the lifespan of mankind X # of years"  is yet another fable
because they fail to take into account that the world isnt as violent
today as it was 100 years ago and that they're counting the deaths of
children that died shortly after birth in those numbers, modern medicine
has managed to fudge the numbers and not much else

but hey, let's say it is accurate, doesnt that mean that science is
responsible for over population of the world? death to the doctors for
causing global warming... bring back the dark ages!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14256206 - 04/07/11 10:45 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
I already said... obesity, high blood pressure, type-II diabetes, & so forth... the things we can most affect by our daily decisions of diet (mianly diet, though) & exercise, & which are much better in those who eat healthy.

so it's such a narrow spectrum that can be considered diet related health

Quote:

Cancer is a gray area that should be left out when discussing the role of diet, due to otehr environmental factors playing a role, though poor diet does increase rates of some cancers. ppl now in that part of Japan might have great diet (and the Japs do as a whole), but a lot of them, or at least some of them, are probably in trouble.

yet diet plays a part in cancer as you've stated just as so many other
factors including genetics as has been stated by modern science, it's no
different than what can be said for 'overall health', genetic play an
important role, in your narrow view of 'healthy' it's mostly diet

this is the problem with generalizations and arbitrary/ambiguous terms,
not to mention the body mass index and all the other crap they use to try
and promote 'good health'

Scholar
Male

#14258545 - 04/08/11 01:20 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:42 PM)

Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Greenvalley]
    #14258576 - 04/08/11 01:30 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Greenvalley said:

:mcdeath: those chips were prolly very dehydrated

--------------------

Scholar
Male

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: mellowparty]
    #14258810 - 04/08/11 02:19 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:42 PM)

OfflineBlueJayWay
Stranger
Female

#14259813 - 04/08/11 05:30 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

I didn't read the whole thread but...
Quote:

they often claim there's no microwave in the restaurant

There is no microwave in the restaurant, at least the one I worked at. I worked at McD's for about 6 months, and why the fuck would they microwave your food? They don't have fucking time to microwave your food.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14260509 - 04/08/11 08:16 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Quote:

so you eat a healthy diet yet you're unhealthy

Yeah, lots of unhealthy people going will go running several miles in a moderate rain just to have done it, do multiple sets of 8-12 reps of deadlifts above their body weight (alternating w/rows & push-ups) until they feel like throwing up

we've already determined you're over weight and under fat, you can keep
claiming this to be a healthy lifestyle but guess what, you're over
stressing your heart and not to mention the other factors that could lead
to your death including your diet. now,  just how healthy can that be?

http://www.hughston.com/hha/a_16_4_4.htm
http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/276/3/199.abstract
http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~excs597k/carpenter/sdathlete.htm
According to the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta, 100,000 young athletes die each year from all cardio-vascular disorders, including cardiomyopathy, as a result of participation in sports. This is twice as many as die in auto accidents. Of the 100,000 who die annually, 45,000 of them play basketball, not boxing or football.

Quote:

That guy, victor Martinez; he's obese then by your standards, & far unhealthier than I am (though he may actually be from anabolic drug abuse, I don't know.)

learn the difference between over weight and obese

and yes, victor martinez is/was using steroids, that's gotta be healthy

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/sports/2009/2/24/31200/Dominican-bodybuilder-Victor-Martinez-implicated-in-new-steroid-scandal

Quote:

All the extraneous topics you want to bring up, though, don't change the fact that people who eat a healthy diet have far lower rates of heart disease, obesity, type-II diabetes, high cholesterol, & so forth. If you can present quantifiable measurements that indicate poor health relative to the general U.S. population by ppl who eat a healthy diet, then do so. Otherwise, you have nothing.

drunks live longer than the so called healthy people, drunks typically
dont have the best diet, in fact if it wasnt for the olives in those
martinis most would stave to death...  genetics via heritability and
ethnicity play a far greater role than diet in all these ailments, but
you swill still refuse to believe that

http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/diabetes-myths/

Quote:

P.S. Those four things listed are hardly a "narrow spectrum" of health.

heart disease is certainly not narrow, it covers dozens of ailments and
is a catchall term but you use health in such a narrow way that you wont
actually define what healthy means other than working out, sorry to tell
you but working out, far less healthy than just being active

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14260572 - 04/08/11 08:32 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Nevertheless, the nutrient quality of low-grade beef (highly grain fed at the end of the cattle's lives) is really poor, with a fat to protein ration of roughly 1:1 (& like ~25% of the fat saturated), whereas lean beef can be like 4-6 to 1. Plus, the high grains prior to slaughter ups saturated fat, while greatly reducing conjugated linoleic acid (a beneficial PUFA) & vitamin E (an antioxidant that helps mitigate free radical damage originating in the mitochondria in the course of oxidizing food molecules for energy.)

this is high grade beef, it can run from $45/lb to more than $250/lb

lot's of fat, some grain fed through it's entire life, some grass fed through
it's entire life, it's the genetics that cause this amount of fat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagyu

Free sVs!
Female

#14260595 - 04/08/11 08:37 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

:strokebeard:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Free sVs!
Female

#14260601 - 04/08/11 08:39 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Genetics of obesity on Wikipedia.

:wow:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Scholar
Male

#14263880 - 04/09/11 05:26 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:44 PM)

Scholar
Male

#14263906 - 04/09/11 05:39 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:44 PM)

Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

#14265533 - 04/10/11 04:14 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

lol at the whole environment vs genetics argument

The chance of developing diabetes or whatever is a function of the interaction between these two factors. You can't just say that because I'm eating junk food ima get colon cancer, diabetes etc. Some people get it without eating anything bad others don't get in despite their shit diet. Since it a combinatorial cause of effects lowering one component would reduce the overall chance of developing such a condition.

--------------------

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

#14265821 - 04/10/11 07:35 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Hakim0777 said:
are some of you seriously trying to say its not that bad for you?

yea the supersize movie was kind of dumb, not many people eat that shit 3 times a day but you know what? Some people are pretty fuckin close.

Lets do another supersize me where he eats nothing but fruits and vegetables. Sure hes still gonna come out a little fucked up, Im not here saying thats a healthy diet, but it would be nothing compared to the horrendous results from the mcdonalds test.

Many people do just eat fruits and vegetables and are quite healthy...

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Rocker232]
    #14265880 - 04/10/11 07:56 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Beanhead]
    #14265897 - 04/10/11 08:00 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Damn that shits tasty. I'd usually buy one of these when im drunk/fucked up on xanax :yesnod:

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: mellowparty]
    #14265898 - 04/10/11 08:01 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

mellowparty said:
Damn that shits tasty. I'd usually buy one of these when im drunk/fucked up on xanax :yesnod:

when your barred out sometimes you wake up with all ur food missing and no memory of eating it :blush:

--------------------

Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Coaster]
    #14265906 - 04/10/11 08:03 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Yeah man I'm all like fuck there goes my food-budget for the whole week :ffffuuu:

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #14265913 - 04/10/11 08:04 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

well at least u didnt eat ur whole zan stash

--------------------

Offlinemellowparty
legitimate researcher

Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Coaster]
    #14265925 - 04/10/11 08:08 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Good thing it doesnt taste good :P

--------------------

Scholar
Male

#14267473 - 04/10/11 02:53 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:45 PM)

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#14319160 - 04/19/11 06:53 PM (13 years, 17 hours ago)

What about someone like me? I certainly eat everything under the sun.

I get a lot of fiber, and i feel that the huge variance in what i eat, including sometimes eating a lot of fast food (often if i just feel calorie deprived) as well as the fact that i like to walk cause its free and i am cheap, and i also practice karate, and sometimes lift weights, burning TONS of calories.

My varied diet that may not always be healthy or always be unhealthy and lack of scheduled eating could be why my metabolism is good.

I also drink a ton of water and that cleans salt from your system.

Genetics play at least some role, but certainly it stands to reason that when i go to mcdonalds and most people there are just regular people, that most people aren't eating this stuff at unhealthy levels, or that they themselves are unhealthy, IHOP or Bennigans will serve you something just as "bad"

--------------------

-tiny_rabid_birds

Scholar
Male

#14339119 - 04/23/11 03:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:46 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14339475 - 04/23/11 04:58 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
National stats: 60-70% overweight

as has been pointed out in this thread, overweight can be misleading, you can
be overweight and muscular or you can be over weight and a little chunky, and
a couple of pounds over weight isnt unhealthy

overweight is such an ambiguous term that it certainly doesnt have a place
in statistics regarding health

Scholar
Male

#14339700 - 04/23/11 05:34 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:46 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14339711 - 04/23/11 05:37 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Yes, I took that into account. I think the actual figure is like ~75%, so I used a little less to account for the few to several % of the pop whose higher muscle mass distorts the BMI.

so you just guessed and assigned an arbitrary number without doing any actual research

:brilliant:

Scholar
Male

#14339728 - 04/23/11 05:41 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:47 PM)

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
    #14339821 - 04/23/11 05:59 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I admit I didn't read much of the thread, so if these points have been beaten to death already, I apologize.

But:

The whole health debate is pointless to me. Whether or not fast food is unhealthy (compared to equal sources of fat and such, it probably isn't), whether it tastes good (it does), it's about an aesthetic sensibility.

Fast food is gross. The idea that you're tasting something that takes most of it's essence from artificial flavoring, probably produced by some illegal immigrant high on meth from a tortured cow half the country away... well that's disgusting.

What's fucked up to me is that it's cheaper than making food yourself, even from shitty ingredients. The idea that you can be so poor that fast food is all you can afford is even more unsettling to me.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male
Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: Anyone see Online McDonalds Ads claiming their food is no worse than a lot of other things? [Re: Kid_Orgo]
    #14339846 - 04/23/11 06:05 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

fast food is fucking delicious, i don't even care that it's probably giving me cancer, or at least HBP

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#14339850 - 04/23/11 06:07 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
No, the ~75% figure came from an article is Forbes magazine, while the obesity is 30-35% depending on stats used. Me saying it could be as low as 60% was probably too generous.

Either way, given that you inflated a figure by 1000x when it suited your convenience, you have no credible when it comes to sources, picking the first thing you find that you want to believe. Using your argument tactics, the number of people who die form illegal drugs every yr in the U.S. is 20,000,000.

you know... I really have no clue what the fuck you're talking about

http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2010/01/13/fat-chance-obesity-rate-isnt-dropping-but-it-isnt-climbing/
Quote:

More than a third of U.S. adults are obese. But at least the climb in the country’s obesity rate seems to be slowing.

Figures from the National Center for Health Statistics showed 34% of Americans age 20 and older were obese in 2007-08, according to a study of CDC data published in JAMA today. Add in people who are overweight and the total goes to 68%. Seventeen percent of children ages 2 through 19 were obese and 32% were overweight, another JAMA study said.

Scholar
Male

#14339897 - 04/23/11 06:19 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/05/22 06:48 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag