Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Kava Kava, Valerian Root

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Green Thumb
So i tryed some kava
    #2192605 - 12/20/03 11:24 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I was looking for the longest time for kava. Thinking the only way I would get it was ordering it online. When I walked by a health food store in the city. I was only going in to get some tincture dropper bottles and some small glass viles. Well I got what I came for and was waking up the isle when something passed by my nose. What is this smell so I turned around and the isle next to me was spices of all kinds. The smell toured out to be curry spice. Holy shit I thought to my self im getting some of these.

There must of been over 150 bulk cooking spices and medical herbs I thought of getting some kava but knowing all the other stores said "we don?t sell that anymore" "Health Canada said it was bad for you"

Thinking I was going to hear the same thing I asked with great hopefulness.

?Do you have any kava??

I don't know, most likely we don?t but ask Paul there. From this point I usually know whats going to happen. But my hopes were not shattered yet.

Excuse me do you have any kava? I asked

Yes over here.

Well my heart danced with glee there it was in the bulk herb section hidden away under in the display case. Curry is what lead me over here kava is what keep my there. Then he said

?just get what you need and bring it up to cash to weight it out.?

Grasping what seemed like a bottle full of magic I opened it and smelled. It was not totally unpleasant but had a very earthy soil smell to it. The herb was fine cut. I scooped up herb in to a plastic bag and wrote down the price per 100 grams. In this case 12.55 per 100 grams. I also seen on the label of the bottle ?for external use only? thinking in my mind it must be good shit.

So I got home and weight out 4 grams that was steeped and poured in to a cup I added honey to cover the tasted. About 20 minuets later I noticed sitting on the couch seem softer the coach wrapped around me my muscles were relaxed and I had a smile on my face. It was unlike valerian root tea less sleepiness and more tantalizer effect it was mild but nice.

Later that night I wanted to try a lot more so I mixed 10 grams in to tea and honey. The tasted was more earthy dirt-like. I finished about ? the cup. At this time my toung and face were numb. I had to go pee, getting up to go to the bathroom it hit me my legs were heavily my body was injected with novacane(stuff at the dentist) it was nice. Sitting back down and finishing the tea in sips each sip coated my toung in numbness that spread out thought my body. Unlike alcohol it did not dull the mind so severely. Well im a light weight when it come to beer 2-3 beer on a empty tummy and im buzzing hard(im 200 pound too)
It was odd I touch my forehead and it was like had a glove on my hand by skin was not picking up temperature, texture or pain. Almost like touching play dough.
After about 2 hours the numbness went slowly when away. I went to sleep 4 hours later sleep was easy to achieve I ended up sleeping in for a few extra hours there just was it was very easly to get back to sleep.

I love kava now I herb you can smoke it too but tea is good for me.

DO what I Would

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: So i tryed some kava [Re: Remut]
    #2192912 - 12/20/03 03:25 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the report!
Ill try some tea

User Gallery
Re: So i tryed some kava [Re: Gus]
    #2193003 - 12/20/03 04:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah novacain is a good description

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Kava Kava, Valerian Root

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden