Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineiamhimheisme
jesus christ

Loc: where i dont want to be
rooting san pedro cutting...
    #2186233 - 12/17/03 09:29 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i tried searching and found that its 'temporarily disabled' so you lucky individuals get a shot at answering my all-important question.  allright, so i rooted (fancy term for 'stuck it in the soil and made sure it stood up') a san pedro cutting approximately 5 weeks ago.  despite being told that my 20-something-watt compact fluoro lamp (supposedly~100w incandescent bulb) is insufficient, my current financial situation wont permit a proper bulb.  so for the past 5 weeks ive turned the light on at about 9ish every morning before heading out to class and shut it off around 11, making a 14/10 light cycle.  im pretty sure its started to grow now too.  the very top is a bit darker green than the rest of the cactus which seems to be a lack of the dull, waxy layer found on rest.  ive only watered the cactus once, and did so conservatively from the bottom in effort to avoid rot.  now on with the question....aside from new growth, are there any safe (for the plant) ways to tell if its rooted?  i guess i just want some backup confirmation.  also, ive got some 2-7-7 'schultz cactus plus with micronutrients,' will this be allright or should i try and find a substitute?  allright, well enough questions for now i suppose.  thanks in advance for any help, me and the cactus appreciate it  :cool:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedarkfire
ClandestineChemist

Re: rooting san pedro cutting... [Re: iamhimheisme]
    #2186408 - 12/17/03 10:36 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

If you stick a catus in the ground it will grow, cacti are tough sons of bitches, i just took mine out of the pot and washed away all the dirt, to check out rooting but only becuase i am growing the fucker in aquaculture, which makes for insane growth speed but really is hard on roots. Its got roots if its been in dirt dude, however new growth on mine is more of a translucent brighter green not darker...

--------------------
"I’ll try to be around and about. But if I’m not, then you know that I’m just behind your eyelids - and I’ll meet you there."

Offlinenookjohn
Nooker
 User Gallery

Loc: Dancin' in the street
Re: rooting san pedro cutting... [Re: iamhimheisme]
    #2186672 - 12/18/03 12:24 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

There is a lot of information about San Pedro cactus care over at Nan's Nook. The forum is down right now but you're interested in the archives.

http://www.nansnook.com/

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden