Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Rules For Tripping With Other Trippers (and Non-Trippers)
    #2179040 - 12/15/03 08:22 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Have you felt like crap during a trip? How did you solve it?

I am trying to come up with some ground "rules" for social interaction while tripping. Just some guidelines as to what NOT to do and things that should be optional etc, just to limit feelings of anxiousness during a trip.

I enjoyed s2dope's rule for 1
Quote:

s2dope said:
In my circle of trippers (probably with everyone) Rule #1 as far as puking is concerned is leave the person the fuck alone, don't criticize, don't laugh at, just make sure they're okay. Nine times out of ten they get a quick shot out, wipe their mouth, and sit back and go nuts with you. It's never a big deal.

Can anybody think of some good ones? like what to do when somebody freaks, when somebody wants to run around solo (high dose) in the city, group dynamics (groups of 4 splitting to 2 groups of 2 if the group isnt all on the same level, etc?

Psychedelic Crisis FAQ

Obviously any rule is dependant on the intentions of the voyage.

Even if your rule is just on how to handle the non trippers when you are feeling threatened it would be nice to know how you come about it. I would love to hear all of your opinions on this subject because it seems like we have all had to put up with crap during a trip in one way or another and if we can pool the experiences we can find way to avoid it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Rules For Tripping With Other Trippers (and Non-Trippers) [Re: blink]
    #2179052 - 12/15/03 08:34 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

How about not tripping in front of people you know don't like the drugs as much as you do? This has been a bit of an anxiety inducer for me. When tripping in the company of non-trippers, I usually want to get the heck away from that location. I don't suppose it's a lot of fun for them, either.

Another thing: don't play mind games with your trip buddies. A friend of mine was tripping and trying to eat a glass shard. He said it looked like one of those gelly coke bottle pieces of candy. It got me a bit upset, and all I could respond to his question whether it would taste good, was "Sure, but you might not like how it rips your guts open"  :rolleyes:

On the splitting group issue: make decisions before the trip, decide where you're going to meet up, and how you can get there, IF you split up.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Edited by Alan Stone (12/15/03 08:34 AM)

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Rules For Tripping With Other Trippers (and Non-Trippers) [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2179239 - 12/15/03 10:34 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think for the most part the staying away from non trippers is a good idea, trip sitters (or other experienced people) removed.  The problem with people that don't like the drugs as much as you do is really in their programming and inability to accept  :frown:...
another good idea would be to take care of all "worldly" concerns before tripping.  It has happened that mid come up I rememeber I have to pay a ticket or have an otherwise important issue to take care of.
All of the rules should be discussed before the begining of the trip
A few of these were lifted from a prexisting source
So..... to add to the list

Rule #2 Pick trip mates carefully;  Trust , comfort, open mindedness and compassion are key.  Nobody wants their sitter or mate to start laughing at you for singing offkey or acting like a child (aka enjoying yourself)

Rule #3 NO HEADGAMES

Rule #4 Talk about anything sexual beforehand so that if you go for it and don't perform/remember to it isn't as much of a shock.  If you havent discussed sex before the trip then don't expect for it to work if you decide halfway through

Rule #5 Aim to form your trip group geometrically so that when groups split there isn't somebody getting "left out" and by themselves (unless they wish to)

Rule #6 Always ask everybody present whether it's OK to change the music, turn on the lights, etc. Each group member should have an absolute veto power, ie. if everybody else wants to do Z but one person really doesn't want to, then the group will not do Z. The guide/sitter is the final arbiter of any disputes.

Rule #7 Location should be preferably near nature, must be free of interuptions, familiar (unless you like tripping in a place that you have never been sober and possibly get lost or just feel uncomfortable)

Any more?

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: Rules For Tripping With Other Trippers (and Non-Trippers [Re: blink]
    #2179385 - 12/15/03 11:45 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Rule #8 = Bring headphones and good tunes.

OfflineNextGenHippie
enthusiast
Loc: MD, USA
Re: Rules For Tripping With Other Trippers (and Non-Trippers [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #2179432 - 12/15/03 12:04 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

9. Bring triptoys!

--------------------
[pot]Think left and think right[pot]
[pot]and think low and think high[pot]
[pot]Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try[pot]
-Dr. Seuss

Offlinehaz
mycofunkatologist
Male

Loc: Earth!
Re: Rules For Tripping With Other Trippers (and Non-Trippers [Re: NextGenHippie]
    #2179726 - 12/15/03 01:54 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I always like to try and be in a good mood before dosing some shrooms..I've found that shrooms exentuate the mood your in, so if you dose while in a bad mood, chances are you may have a bad trip... Also trip somewhere you are comfortable at, wiht people your comfortable wiht... try to have something there to keep your attention, otherwise your trip will end up looking around the room constantly wondering why everyone else is doing the same...

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: Rules For Tripping With Other Trippers (and Non-Trippers [Re: haz]
    #2183598 - 12/16/03 06:38 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

number 8 is definitely a good rule, of course i apply that rule to everyday life....

--------------------

Anonymous

#2184393 - 12/17/03 12:58 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Rule #10: Don't carry anything very important on you. (Wallet, car keys, cell phone)  Place them in a safe place where you'll definately be able to find them...

...I once lost my car keys while tripping and I had (what seemed like) a 30 minute panic attack.  When my friends noticed me screaming into a pillow at the top of my lungs, they were able to calm me down.  I felt like shit until they were found the next morning.

Don't make the same mistake :wink:

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2184542 - 12/17/03 02:21 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

blinkidiot said:
Rule #2 Pick trip mates carefully; Trust , comfort, open mindedness and compassion are key. Nobody wants their sitter or mate to start laughing at you for singing offkey or acting like a child (aka enjoying yourself)

I can't stress the importance of this "rule" enough! Don't trip with people who you are unsure about. Tripping with people you trust is of the ut most importance! When you trip with people who you are genreally unfamilar with, which a lot of people do, bad vibes always find away to surface themselves. And it's just not important for you to be close to the people you trip with, it's important for the people you trip with to be close with each other.

Try and keep the group small if possible. Too many people = conflict. Sometimes tripping with 3 people can be difficult when the trippers have little experience. With more experience amongst the group, more people may join in with a lesser chance of the experience turning bad.

Never put anyone down or let anyone put you down. If someone catches you staring at them for doing something silly or stupid, make sure you let them know it's not because they're doing something stupid, even though they are. Just say something like "Looks like you're have a great time over there!"

Share your experience with each other. Ask what other people are seeing, feeling, tasting, hearing, etc. Try and connect but don't be too pushy...everyone likes their own space. Try not to reject anyone when they want to share something with you. Rejection can be a bad thing on shrooms. Even if you don't want to hold some silly putty or look at a picture, give it try before you turn the offer down. If you don't like it then, just move on... no feelings will get hurt this way. Sounds sort of goofy, but I had a friend go into a completly bad trip just because I didn't want to check out his Nickeloadan Slime.

Anyhow, I do have a lot more to add, but it's late here, and I am very tired. Perhaps I'll post more later.

Offlinebluedolphin

Re: Rules For Tripping With Other Trippers (and Non-Trippers [Re: djd586]
    #2186782 - 12/17/03 11:50 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

djd586 said:
I had a friend go into a completly bad trip just because I didn't want to check out his Nickeloadan Slime.

That cracks me up!  :grin:

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Rules For Tripping With Other Trippers (and Non-Trippers) [Re: djd586]
    #2186818 - 12/18/03 12:08 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

djd586 said:

I can't stress the importance of this "rule" enough! Don't trip with people who you are unsure about. Tripping with people you trust is of the ut most importance! When you trip with people who you are genreally unfamilar with, which a lot of people do, bad vibes always find away to surface themselves. And it's just not important for you to be close to the people you trip with, it's important for the people you trip with to be close with each other.

I totally understand and agree with your point, but I feel I should share that so far, most of my trips have been with people who were fairly new to me. Granted they were people I'd come to like and have been interested in getting to know (one of them was to later become my boyfriend), but for some reason it's usually worked out that I've tripped with people I havn't known very well yet. I havn't yet had a bad trip either, so maybe I'm just lucky. Of course I got really good vibes from these people before chosing to trip with them, and interesting conversation as well. They all came across as very easy going and they were all experienced trippers so that would help ease any discomfort.

OfflineIamHungry
Stranger
    #2188469 - 12/18/03 05:19 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i have a rule... do not take pictures. my friend took pictures last time and i bugged out pretty bad.

--------------------
Here comes the sun, do n do do,
Here comes the sun, and I say,
It's alright...

Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: Rules For Tripping With Other Trippers (and Non-Trippers [Re: IamHungry]
    #2188710 - 12/18/03 08:06 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

dont let someone who feels like shit walk home

Lost a best friend like that..

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

InvisibleThe One
Mr Shroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: Rules For Tripping With Other Trippers (and Non-Trippers) [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2188976 - 12/18/03 10:00 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

when it gets a bit intense, remember there shrooms they are supposed to make you see things. Take a deep breath and say "It's ok this is what the drug does I'll be ok no need to worry"

I've said this to myself a couple of times when it got a bit to much and I've also had to say it to other people. It's amazing how comforting these words are, when it gets just a little intense.

--------------------

Trade List

Invisiblelostinspace
Perhaps theabscence of asign is a sign
    #2189110 - 12/18/03 11:06 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

One of my friends has a saying that has been able to right the ship on several occasions. Now, you would have to know this guy and that he can not lie. He absolutly refuses to do it, so when he tells you something you can bet your life on it. (It goes back to Trust) Anyway, when people are locked in the downward spiral and are freaking out, he just very calmly walks over sits down or kneels down and says, "You are a living organism on earth". I have seen him take very bad trips and turn them around in the blink of an eye with that phrase.

Another thing, I would agree that having somthing to pay attention to helps in large groups to keep everyone from trying to see how everyone else is handling it. Nothing more strange and horrifying than sitting in a room with about 5 other people and everyone's looking around the room wondering, "When's it going to hit."

And under no condition do the following: Go to a party with your group while under the influence and when you get there start repeating in a low voice so that only the people you are with can hear you "'They all know" "They all know" "They all know"

--------------------
Never let your head hang down, never give up and sit down and grieve, find another way. And don't pray when it rains, if you don't pray when the sun shines.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2189210 - 12/18/03 11:53 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Think on yer feet, I've seen people through some pretty rough territory. I didn't have any rules or guidelines to confuse me. What I had was EXPERIENCE!! If you ask me the #1 reason people freak out is because there is so much worrying about what to due in case of a freakout! It creates a perception that psychedellics cause people to freakout. It's something most people associate with the psychedellic experience, and that is something I find unfortunate...

Rules for life...Tripping or not!

1. treat people the way you want to be treated.

2. don't take things so seriously or you'll forget to have FUN!

--------------------

OfflineGod
just not goodenough for 5mushrooms

Loc: my avatar will tell you
Re: Rules For Tripping With Other Trippers (and Non-Trippers) [Re: simplemachine]
    #2193539 - 12/20/03 08:07 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

NEVER FIGHT THE TRIP! dont ever think in your head "i want it to stop, i dont like it." the second you think this, your doomed. flow with the trip and see where it takes you. if you want it to stop, it wont.

--------------------
you can bomb the world to pieces, but you cant bomb the world to peace

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
Re: Rules For Tripping With Other Trippers (and Non-Trippers) [Re: djd586]
    #2194569 - 12/21/03 08:16 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

djd586 said:
Tripping with people you trust is of the ut most importance!  When you trip with people who you are genreally unfamilar with, which a lot of people do, bad vibes always find away to surface themselves.

This is SOOOOOO true man... My last shroom trip was with persons I hung out with when I was still at their school (Got kicked out recently) and in the coming-up I was so uncomfortable with them that I passed out. Just like this for no reason, the shrooms probably found I would be better unconscious than with them... It wasn't even a lot of shrooms, only 2g. I got VERY FEW VISUALS and what seemed to be a trip filled with hallucinations was a complete failure. Dammit! Next time I'll trip with my girlfriend instead............. If I find one, that is  :tongue:

--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order