Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFried Brains
Re: psilocybin/psilocin extraction tek [Re: Psychonaut]
    #21671 - 06/25/00 01:49 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I think a lot of people are missing the point here.The purpose of extracting psilocybin /Psilocin from the shrooms or cakes is to purify. The end result of the purification /extraction would be a more pure
cleaner all round better trip. As your stomach doesnt have to digest mushroom fibre it should also work quicker. Extraction is a quest for purity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehitterg
enthusiast
    #21672 - 06/25/00 02:42 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Yea, what he said, And what I said in my first post.

[This message has been edited by hitterg (edited June 25, 2000).]

Anonymous

#21673 - 06/25/00 03:03 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

The whole point to me is that if at any point you have some utterly dead cakes and wish to eat them in any way, because we all know there are some serious alkaloids to be scavanged from them, the only real way is to extract said alkaloids from them. Now you can make some tea or whatever, but as, again, we all know, alcohol is the ultimate extractor for most situations. Be it ethanol or fuckin' Ice House if you're in a jam...there is no moral dilemma involved. If you think a cake would mind you raping it's alkaloids, then you should probably not do such a productive thing in the first place. Somebody has to do it, right? Just like somebody has to be watching Riki Lake, or else it wouldn't be on every fucking day.

Even better, plant the fucking cakes in the ground and see if you're lucky enough to have a yard full of pretty mushrooms in the near future...I did and I can tell you, the future isn't as far away as you think.
Don't shoot birds with air rifles, don't lie to children, don't fall in love with women who don't care about you at all...advice is worthless...you only learn by experience.

love...

OfflineRu
    #21674 - 06/25/00 11:03 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Can i just use like 198 proof graves ethonal alcohal (the drinking kind)??? your suposed to mix it with like punch and shit but will it work like methonal to extract ???

Offlinebomb
old hand
    #21675 - 06/25/00 06:33 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Yes you can use ethanol instead of the methanol, There are a few reasons I use methanol. 1) it is easier to get where I live. Everclear is not legal in my state and I don't like to use denatured ethanol.
2) Methanol seems to evaporate better. 3) I was told that methanol just plain works better. (but have not verified)

Anonymous

#21676 - 06/25/00 07:24 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Hi there,

I am was thinking about trying something simmilar to this tek. I was planning on doing it with just plain old 80 proof vodka. I know it wont be as concentrated because it wont evaporate as completely, but has anyone had success doing this? I am also interested in knowing where one would have to go to get methonal. Also would this tek work with fine cut fresh shrooms?

Thanks, and take care.

------------------
easy

[This message has been edited by easyEmtu (edited June 25, 2000).]

Offlinehitterg
enthusiast
    #21677 - 06/26/00 01:47 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I had no clue that Everclear was illegal in any state. Why is that?
How easy is it to get methanol where you live? Where do you get it from? Also, I thought that most methanol that the public had access to was denatured also.?

Anonymous

#21678 - 06/26/00 11:42 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

My understanding is that both methanol and ethanol, even when sold to chemistry labs, are denatured. But I'm no pro and I could be mistaken.

------------------
- "...what are you on?"
* "I don't know. Some weird drug."

I know I can't spell. Please don't comment :)

Offlinebomb
old hand
    #21679 - 06/26/00 02:50 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Several states have a maximum allowable proof for alcohol.

Offlinetom
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Nope
    #21680 - 06/26/00 05:26 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

MMMMMMMMMMM moonshine

--------------------
"It must be your stamps girl... cause it aint your face" -- Juvenile

"Only in America does someone order a cheese burger, large fries, and a diet Coke" -- ?

"DXMHEAD420 ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

Anonymous

#21681 - 06/26/00 06:09 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

quote:
Originally posted by hitterg:
Psychonaut- your right, why not use ethanol instead of methanol, and many teks call for ethanol. You were also right in your first post when you said methanol was hard to find, it is very hard to find, unless you know someone who can order it from a chemical supply company.
Ethanol is drinking alcohol. Otherwise known as EVERCLEAR. It is avalible at almost any Liquor store.It is 95% pure Ethanol,190 proof
Everclear is a more pure form of Moonshine.

Just ask the guy working at the store for Everclear, he'll know what you are talking about.

[This message has been edited by hitterg (edited June 24, 2000).]

ive seen methanol for sale at hardware stores and boat yards.

Anonymous

#21682 - 06/26/00 06:24 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Hi Bomb your technique is a little backwards dude that is not how you use methonal to extract the psilocybin/psilocin. secondly you do not use methonal to extract psilocybin/psilocin from colonized cakes you are suppose to use methonal to extract psilo from mycelium alone or mushrooms. NOT CAKES!

I ADVICE NO ONE TO ATTEMPT THE METHOD OF EXTRACTION DISCRIBED BY BOMB.

instead read the proper method of extract using methonal under grow/find - growing mushrooms - mycelium culture technique - the psilocybin producers guide a.k.a psilocybin production written by adam gottlieb

bomb your technique is as backward no offense, honestly just trying to help.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #21683 - 06/26/00 10:18 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Psychonaut,hitterg, bomb... :
Psilocybin is practicaly NOT SOLUBLE in ETHANOL. Please read the MERCK-index if you want to know more.

OfflineStarr
old hand
    #21684 - 06/26/00 10:26 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, that got me nowhere.

------------------

E, it's whats for dinner!

--------------------
http://www.soundclick.com/starr

Offlinehitterg
enthusiast
    #21685 - 06/28/00 02:30 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Am I to understand from this (MERCK-index) that you have to boil the solution that the mushrooms are in? If this is the case then why even bother trying to extract anything, most of the active substances will be broken down anyways.

Also, according to this, ethanol WILL still work if you can not find methanol. All of the articles that I have read said ethanol would work just fine.

I thought that all alcohol is a non-polar solvent, if this is true than any alcohol (other than denatured) should work, right?? It's just that the stronger it is, the better it will work.

Anonymous

#21686 - 06/28/00 02:54 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

ALright... apparently psilo isn't soluble in ethanol, correct (according to the merck index link above), this means i wouldn't want to use everclear? Also... Once one does complete an extraction would there be any benefit to putting the extracted parts on mushrooms, would this make them more potent?

Also, someone said "secondly you do not use methonal to extract psilocybin/psilocin from colonized cakes you are suppose to use methonal to extract psilo from mycelium alone or mushrooms." aren't CAKES a form of MYCELIUM?

Confusion!

Anonymous

#21687 - 06/28/00 03:17 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

cornraven! i said that but obviously no one acknowledged me. the technique bomb discribed for extracting psilocybin using methonal is wrong, the correct method of extracting psilocybin using methanol is posted on this site, under grow/find - growing mushrooms - mycelium culture technique - the psilocybin producers guide.

as for your question let me clarify! cake are a substrate! mycelium is what colonizes the substrate. in the correct method of extracting the psilocybin from the mycelium discribed in "the psilocybin produces guide" it says the mycelium is first grown on agar, then the agar is filtered through a cloth inorder to remove the mycelium from the agar. then the agar is discarded and the mycelium is dried. WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ARGUING I TOLD YOU WHERE THE METHONAL EXTRACTION TECH IS LOCATED! if you would have actually read it you would not be confused. I HAVE PERSONALLY USED THIS TECHNIQUE. THE INFO FOR EXTRACTING PSILOCYBIN FROM THE MYCELIUM THAT IS POSTED UNDER "MYCELIUM CULTURE TECHNIQUES" COME FROM THE BOOK "PSILOCYBIN PRODUCTION" IF YOU WOULD READ IT YOU WOULD UNDER STAND! but since you are probably one of those people who dosen't even bother to research a subject before you engage in argument over a subject my bet is you didn't even bother skiming the correct technique!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates