Annom said: I didn't watch the videos (yet), but a few comments:
We don't run out of oil on Earth, it will just become more expensive. This is a rather gradual process and will stimulate and allow enough time for alternative energy sources to take over. We will build nuclear power plants when we can't watch tv anymore. And there is also a lot more of the ugly coals.
The population growth is stabilising in western countries. Decline will even be or is a problem in many western nations. The same will most likely happen in developing countries when they increase welfare. More people does also mean we have more power to develop and progress faster. I see an exponential growth in the number of engineers and scientists (including budget), which looks very positive. There are two sides to population growth. It may be frightening to you, but to me it is a sign that we are doing things well when we can support such a growth.
A slight inflation is considered healthy as far as I know. A deflation is far worse than inflation because people will not spend their money anymore. Income increased as well so who care about the inflation over the years. I really don't see the problem of inflation. Not every graph with a downwards slope means bad things are happening. Please explain how this is bad.
There sure are a lot of things going the wrong way, especially in energy and finance, but I don't think we are heading towards a total collapse. I believe we can fix all these problems and we will when we have too. Too bad politics and people are too short sighted to act now, but when the dangers are here, we will act and it will be just in time to prevent total collapse of everything.
My life will improve over the decades and so will the live of almost everyone on Earth. I want to believe that and I do think it is possible and likely.
I will watch the video.
As more currency enters circulation, it gains value essentially by borrowing value from existing currency. each new piece of currency, devalues all the existing ones by a tiny amount. this is the cause of inflation. as you said, this isn't such a big deal if the new currency is distributed fairly evenly amongst those who already had some. If instead, the new currency is distributed very unevenly, then a disproportionate amount of the total value of all currency in existence, basically gets stolen right out of everyone's pocket(or bank account). In other words, the money in your bank account decreases faster than the rate at which your income increases. As i explained, the value of your currency didn't disappear, instead, it was taken in order to give value to the new currency, in effect, punishing anyone who saves any money unless they are one of the people who will gain more of the new currency than average.
Works out great for Rupert Murdoch or Warren Buffet, not so much for Joe Blow Worker Bee.
That's why its bad
For a more in depth look at the history of money in general, and Reserve Banking in particular, check out "The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffon
|