Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
"Best" guitarists?
    #21618642 -

I would have to lean towards one of these two right now:


T-SQUARE & Dimension - Truth - Live in Seoul

so jazztastic, that sax and EWI is too groovy


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: musiclover420]
    #21618651 -

There are many great guitarist, the best is subjective, I would say Hendrix, Clapton, David Gilmour are who I would lean towards as my preferences. Stevie Ray Vaughn had pretty damn good guitar skills too.

Edited by SirShroomsAlott (04/30/15 06:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #21618655 -

Slash.
(as my favorite)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #21618656 -

Jimmy Page, Albert King, Jerry Cantrell.


--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #21618668 -

Yeah I meant to be more specific :strokebeard: those are all solid mentions

How about most creative/ technical guitarists to be more specific? David Gilmour and Hendrix for sure :thumbup:

Here is a track from one of the 2 bands in that video in my OP:


Dimension - 2nd Street
Super nice funky guitar intro followed by powerful solo's throughout.

Edited by musiclover420 (04/30/15 06:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: musiclover420]
    #21618669 -

Brian May would definitely be up there for that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: musiclover420]
    #21618671 -

Robert Johnson


--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: Shiithead]
    #21618675 -

Dimebag, Synyster Gates, Slash


--------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: musiclover420]
    #21618676 -



Omar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: musiclover420]
    #21618681 -

EVH got pretty technical.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: musiclover420]
    #21618684 -

Ritchie Blackmore



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: Sun King]
    #21618689 -

Eddie Hazel too but this particular one I love

starts at like 45 seconds

Edited by SirShroomsAlott (04/30/15 06:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #21618709 -

In terms of overall craziness, Steve Vai

In terms of innovation and discipline, Fredrik Thordendal


--------------------

Diminish the sub-principle and leave its toxic trace..
Once and for all!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #21618719 -

Steve hillage gets my vote


--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: Rustifer]
    #21618720 -

Hazel is definitely another good one :thumbup:

Here an awesome live video with two more great guitarists

Guthrie Govan + Kim Se Hwang

Smoke On The Water

pretty sweet encore to a solid concert


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #21618731 -

Best in taste, or technique?
Taste is subjective, technique is a little more objective.

As someone who is friends with several snobby guitarists, I would say Paco de Lucia probably had the best technique.

Here's some shit:


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #21618735 -

Buckethead
Paul Gilbert
Joe Satriani

Not to say theyre the "best" like sound is a contest, but thats what I like.


--------------------


spread love
love is everything
2013 finds
medicinal psilocybin tincture drops
cannabis pics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: OhMrJohnson]
    #21618752 -

Josh middleton from sylosis(metal)





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Best" guitarists? [Re: Oeric McKenna]
    #21618756 -

I was watching Dave Mustaine videos earlier today, maybe not THE BEST, but notable.


--------------------


つ ◕_◕ ༽つ N = R* • fp • ne • fl • fi • fc • L 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: [Re: musiclover420]
    #21618762 -

Josh Martin: Best 8 string guitarist alive


Edited by 3iRiS9 (04/30/15 07:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* looks like Tool is coming to "guitar hero"
( 1 2 all )
Bridgeburner 3,443 21 10/16/08 02:05 PM
by Bridgeburner
* Buying a Guitar
( 1 2 all )
Comfortably_Numb 5,178 33 12/07/04 05:24 PM
by Jim
* favorite living guitarist?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Nuggetpouch 6,903 106 09/11/09 02:33 PM
by supercollider
* Guitar players; how thick is the plectrum you use?
( 1 2 all )
LobsterSauceDiscord 3,320 38 03/01/10 08:26 PM
by nowwhoutthink
* What guitar do you have/want?
( 1 2 all )
stefan 3,641 20 11/13/03 02:01 PM
by Kremlin
* 8 year old guitar whiz gets picked on. LeftyBurnz 712 7 08/13/08 06:52 AM
by SneezingPenis
* Jimi Hendrix coming to 'Guitar Hero'
( 1 2 all )
dill705 3,263 38 08/05/08 11:56 AM
by metalmorph
* Guitar Players...I made this recording on a cool strat....
( 1 2 all )
starfire_xes 2,156 20 02/12/10 07:42 PM
by Envix

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,022 topic views. 2 members, 11 guests and 78 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.