Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZildjian
human

Loc: new zealand
best way to cook an oyster mushroom?
    #2159758 - 12/04/03 10:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i just harvested over a kilo of white oysters mushrooms and have no idea how i should cook them. I once BBQ'ed some and they were amazing, though i feel like doing something different this time. I've tried simply frying them in a bit of olive oil, but they weren't that great. . . any suggestions?

They do secrete alot of water don't they? fuckin wierdos.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: best way to cook an oyster mushroom? [Re: Zildjian]
    #2159865 - 12/04/03 10:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

fry them up jsut for a second in butter. then toss a little stirfry sauce on them. mmmm pretty goood

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: best way to cook an oyster mushroom? [Re: the man]
    #2160553 - 12/05/03 03:57 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Frying in clarified butter with salt and pepper is the way to go. But listen here, you must fry them on high heat until they are crispy, in one layer in the pan, and treat each mushroom individually, cooking each one till light brown on each side. Then serve them as a garnish, maybe around the rim of the plate. Mushrooms with some carmelization and reduction and concentration of flavour, and some texture, how can you go wrong. Now if you want to ad a bit of something buy some real demi glace, and some bone marrow and truffle oil, and do this:

Hit a pan with a tsp of clarified butter,
some shallots, garlic, fresh thyme, all finely minced, saute a bit,
hit with some red wine and reduce a bit,
hit with demi glace, reduce a bit,
add the precooked crispy shrooms, marrow, truffle oil, and a tad of unsalted butter,
let marrow warm up and incorporate butter.
Sauce should all have a nice nap.
Serve over toasted rustic Italian bread or French.
Yum, yum, yum!!!

--------------------
...or something

InvisibleZildjian
human

Loc: new zealand
Re: best way to cook an oyster mushroom? [Re: eve69]
    #2160773 - 12/05/03 08:14 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks heaps for the advice! Coincidentally, I was wandering around in the supermarket earlier today trying to think of ingredients to add to this oyster dish (before reading your reply) when I walked passed this bottle of "alfreshco butteroil blend (with garlic)". For some reason I figured it would go well with oysters and decided to buy it. Then, to my surprise you responded with a recipe requiring clarified butter!

I think I think this is a sign, as I have never bought clarified butter before. I will cook them till crispy in this clarified butter (with garlic) with salt and pepper; and maybe some coriander from my indoor hydroponic coriander plants, as I have yet to try the coriander from this contraption I have built.

I've got 1.3kg of oysters for myself; so I'll probably eat the oysters with other random meals over the next couple of days.

I'll hopefully get too make your recipe eve69; However, It will depend on whether I'll be able to get a hold of marrow and truffle oil from the local resturant distributor, as the are not ingredients commonly stocked in the supermarkets in my area.

woah; I was just proof-reading my post when I realised I had rolled a cigarette and started smoking it sub-consciously. . . wierd.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: best way to cook an oyster mushroom? [Re: Zildjian]
    #2161252 - 12/05/03 11:50 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Saute the mushrooms, as eve said on high heat, in some clarified butter with some salt and pepper.

Remove them from the pan, set em on a paper towel.

chop up some andouille sausage, toss that in, some chopped (julienne if you can) red bell peppers, diced onion, a diced jalapeno (seeded and deveined, if you don't like heat), let those saute until almost soft, add some garlic by the time it gets golden the veg should be right, hit it with a bit (2oz or 1/4 cup) of white wine, let that reduce until almost dry, add cream to cover, put your mushrooms back in for a minute, let it simmer until it thickens a bit, you can add pre-cooked meat too, I like veal scallopini, for this dish, but white meat chicken or pork would work just as well.

voila, veal scallopini with oyster mushroom and andouille cream sauce.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: best way to cook an oyster mushroom? [Re: Raadt]
    #2161426 - 12/05/03 12:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Youl be rait at home ear in duh sout raaad

--------------------
...or something

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag