Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Re: Livestock who were fed GMOs showed no evidence of negative effects over 19 years of follow up. [Re: musiclover420]
    #21462291 -

every action has it's consequences, and i'm thinking that your way will have just as many problems and consequences as what we have now, only, we'll know a whole lot less about it, and have even less of a chance or choice in the matter, after things have come to pass; and perhaps we'd even put ourselves in a worse position, with people even angrier.

i mean, if i get you correctly, you're saying people will just start their own agriculture farming and rely less on funds and do it for free... but then where do we draw the line? with so many people, there'll be those who want more, and those who can settle for less, and with people who want more having nothing to be able to get more of, they'll not be very happy and take it out on those who have less, and/or think of those who have less as inferior; and thus the gain of what more (that we already have NOW) will be necessary, will be attributed to the gain of humanity as a whole (and those who think different will be called lesser than's), so you'd just see a contortion of what is happening already anyway. :shrug:

zappaisgod said:
Should Monsanto not be allowed to manufacture and sell a product its customers find economically useful just because they make some money?  Maybe you should reconsider your purchase of a cell phone and computer since those companies are making a lot more money than Monsanto.  And then there is the entire entertainment industry which is for the most part frivolous bullshit but also generates far more income than Monsanto.



frivolous and oh so fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Livestock who were fed GMOs showed no evidence of negative effects over 19 years of follow up. [Re: akira_akuma]
    #21462327 -

That is part of why we have to look at humanity not just the situation, I know corruption finds roots in even the noblest of settings. If people stopped thinking in selfish terms like "me" and "mine" and started looking at humanity as the collective brotherhood we are many of those issues would be less prevalent.

The point I was making with cash crops is not that we shouldn't rely on money, I understand the benefits of a financial system though I still hate money.

It was more a point of mismanaged resources. People like to bring up the "its impossible to feed everyone without GMO food" argument but they forget about cash crops.

Many countries are taken advantage of monetarily and used as cheap labor. They grow cash crops to export instead of focusing on feeding their own.

Looking at it in terms of "my way" or "your way" is silly IMO, it is our way. People live in different ways all over the world.

Look at how happy many indigenous peoples are, besides with what we have done to them of course, they know how to be happy with what they have.

Then you have the average overprivilaged American who has more than they need and are still not happy... Clearly something is working better :lol:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Livestock who were fed GMOs showed no evidence of negative effects over 19 years of follow up. [Re: musiclover420]
    #21462350 -

i don't know how happy those indigenous people are man. i mean, how much happier can they be? i mean, seriously... how much happier are they? they still have the dogging life of any human being, as far as i can see.

personally, i think us over in civilization have even more chances to be happy, and people generally can't see that because we tend to ignore the shit until it builds up to our very noses. so we can't even see how good it can be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Livestock who were fed GMOs showed no evidence of negative effects over 19 years of follow up. [Re: akira_akuma]
    #21462448 -

Well that is what I was saying man. We have much more things stimulating us and making us "happy" yet a very large number of people are unhappy in many forms.

Where as indigenous people live with the land, I would argue they are much happier. Because they are satisfied with what they have.

Westernized culture is never satisfied, and is constantly driven to change things to suit itself better.

Take monks for example, they meditate daily on many simple aspects of life, live very humble lives generally, and are much more content for it.

The reason I brought up indigenous cultures is because many of them if not all of them are much more connected with the earth and content. What I was really getting at though is the disconnected aspect of modern society and how we have so much yet have all these issues around people being unhappy or just not content regardless.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Livestock who were fed GMOs showed no evidence of negative effects over 19 years of follow up. [Re: musiclover420]
    #21462477 -

maybe that just says something about humanity in general. not just humanity in modern society.  if humans have things to deal with they don't like it. a boring life where the only thing to deal with is shelter and food, and living off the land, seems even more annoying. maybe being upset is a natural human advantage, and it's just not seen more in "outsider tribes" because they're just like "well, we got food and shelter at least"; and maybe they wish they had more? i've seen cultures become more open to modern technology... i've seen that, and seen how people can leave their "tribe" and they seem much more happy being out of that boring insubstantial life. :shrug: having a sense of freedom.

so i am still having trouble understanding how one is generally better than the other, if people generally WANT more freedom, and more substantial stories to tell.

i mean, maybe it seems better to you, because of your experiences here. how do you know that they really feel like it's better... and how would they know, anyway? could they know the difference?

like i said, i've seen it, where people leave and they go into a modernized culture, and they go "k... so fuck that other place, i'm gonna try and send money there, because i'm not an asshole, but... i'm staying here."

many a time over. i'm not trying to be disagreeable but i am just pondering.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Are u for or against GMO?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
mellowparty 4,049 79 02/25/10 04:29 PM
by Bodhi of Ankou
* The Farm Analogy - Human livestock/pets trendalM 716 1 05/05/05 01:30 PM
by SoK
* Radio show about Tim Leary Edame 1,520 3 07/01/03 05:47 AM
by Learyfan
* Poll: GMOs or Organic food?
( 1 2 all )
exclusive58 4,337 32 09/24/05 01:42 PM
by dr0mni
* Picture Time... Show Your Stuff!!!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 63 64 )
RebelSteve33 140,688 1,266 08/27/04 10:31 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* Is there any evidence that astrology is fake?
( 1 2 all )
Scolecite 5,244 28 05/10/04 10:14 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Monsanto GMO corn linked to organ failure MOTH 1,971 19 01/13/10 11:08 PM
by Prisoner#1
* parking lot/ campin scene @ shows twistedweather 1,876 15 05/18/03 10:16 PM
by thestringphish

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,661 topic views. 2 members, 17 guests and 208 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.