Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMickeyMsi
Growing Gravy :)
SHIITAKE GRAIN MASTER BAG PURCHASED FROM FUNGIPERFECTI.COM
    #1596401 - 05/31/03 01:56 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I purchased 5 one pound SHIITAKE GRAIN MASTER BAG's from FUNGIPERFECTI.COM (item number S105) each bag cost me 70 bucks plus shipping and I purchased five of them with shipping almost came out to 400 us dollars. When I recieved the items they were already innoculated and ready to grow shiitake. I was looking for non innoculated grain bag so I can innoculate it myself. They refused to refund or exchange the item because its a LIVE item. I am looking to sell them and if you are interested in purchasing them please make your offer (i do not have a specific price so make an offer) and email me at MickeyMsi25@aol.com. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: SHIITAKE GRAIN MASTER BAG PURCHASED FROM FUNGIPERFECTI.COM [Re: MickeyMsi]
    #1596476 - 05/31/03 02:29 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That's spawn, no wonder it's so expensive.
Use it to inoculate more spawn, or other substrates.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleMushMushi
Loc: Canada
    #1596711 - 05/31/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

So, you were looking for sterilized grain ?
And you didn't wonder why the stuff you bought costs so much ?
:crazy: 

Edit:
Most people here do their own spawn. You should buy some logs and inoculate them now...

Edited by MushMushi (05/31/03 04:34 PM)

Offlinebillbraski
just some dood.

Loc: the woods behind your hou...
    #1596956 - 05/31/03 08:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I don't understand, why would you pay $400 US for what you thought to be just bags of sterilized grain?
there's gotta be something more to this....

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: SHIITAKE GRAIN MASTER BAG PURCHASED FROM FUNGIPERFECTI.COM [Re: billbraski]
    #1597721 - 06/01/03 03:08 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You aren't paying for just sterilized grain. You're paying for quality spawn.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
Re: SHIITAKE GRAIN MASTER BAG PURCHASED FROM FUNGIPERFECTI.COM [Re: daba]
    #1599154 - 06/01/03 06:46 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Questionably quality spawn...

--------------------

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: SHIITAKE GRAIN MASTER BAG PURCHASED FROM FUNGIPERFECTI.COM [Re: rommstein2001]
    #1599255 - 06/01/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thats crazy.........$400.

OfflineRustik
Where am I?

Re: SHIITAKE GRAIN MASTER BAG PURCHASED FROM FUNGIPERFECTI.COM [Re: Zwieback0]
    #1605841 - 06/03/03 06:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Umm. This doesn't make sense at all.

First off, no one in their right mind, let alone a complete moron, would spend $400 on a few bags of GRAIN!

God man, grain is in your CEREAL! Your BREAD! NEVER worth that much, no matter WHAT grain it is..

You need to be more careful - research the product you are purchasing a bit more before spending $400 on a product when you don't know what it is! Commen sense would tell you that that is NOT just grain.

My guess is that you thought it was plugged with Ps. cubensis and were overly willing to spend that much money for cubensis spawn.. But it's just a guess.

--------------------

The blue... the blue!!!

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte
    #1619297 - 06/08/03 09:17 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I had a bit of a problem too. I ordered a Golden Oyster Mushroom Patch for me Mum for Mother's Day, and their shitty shopping cart didn't have a thank you page or anything. So Mother's Day comes and goes, and my card isn't charged, so I write to FP and ask what gthe dilly, and no answer.  More time goes by and I write again and no answer and then finally I get really fucking pissed off and send a mean letter about shitty service and they write me back:

Your vulgar e-mail has been received and we canceled your order. Our golden oyster kit is new -- we are still working out the kinks. Sorry to disappoint, however, we prefer to send out quality and not contamination. Until we get the kit growing we will not be shipping. This is a product of nature, hence, it will take patience.
Customer Service @ Fungi Perfecti

I mean, couldn't these self righteous prigs email me in a timely manner and tell me this before I hit the fucking roof?  Arrrrgggghhhhhhhhh. That guy whatshisname is a dork and his website is garbage.  I got the catalogue and if I ever do order the RZeishi dowels from him like I want I will for sure do it over the phone and not over his crappy shopping cart.  Though honestly I don't want to support him further. :confused:

--------------------
...or something

OfflineMycena
mycoexplorer
Loc: indonesia
Re: SHIITAKE GRAIN MASTER BAG PURCHASED FROM FUNGIPERFECTI.COM [Re: eve69]
    #1639874 - 06/17/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"That guy whatshisname is a dork and his website is garbage."

you mean Stamets the man.. or Stamets the corporate brand?

I dont think he runs it on the ground level - this is what it looks like anyway - it seems as if hes taken a backseat to FP and just pops up to endorse things.
Interesting way to capitalise on your profile - but if you lose basic customer service... it looks like FP needs a staff shakeup

whoever ran a net business without copping a few irate e-mails when stuff ups occur? they need some sales staff with an extra layer of skin

Hey MickeyMsi - I heard bridges make great mushroom food - ive got one if you want to buy it :wink:

If bags are what you seek then take a look at sponsors of this site - better service and more of what you need

Edited by Mycena (06/17/03 02:41 PM)

Invisiblefelonious
Stranger

Re: SHIITAKE GRAIN MASTER BAG PURCHASED FROM FUNGIPERFECTI.COM [Re: Mycena]
    #2124218 - 11/20/03 12:38 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I ordered a bag of Oyster spawn from Fungiperfecti.com It looked a bit dead, so i emailed and in 3 days I had a replacement.

Customer service was friendly, imho.
I should mention that their 5lb bags of saw dust spawn are only $16 and can be used to make much more.

felonious

Edited by felonious (11/20/03 12:41 AM)

InvisibleMeetMeInEleusis
employee,ministry oftruth

Loc: atop an isolated mountain...
Re: SHIITAKE GRAIN MASTER BAG PURCHASED FROM FUNGIPERFECTI.COM *DELETED* [Re: felonious]
    #2135352 - 11/25/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by MeetMeInEleusis

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineWerecat
Werecat

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: SHIITAKE GRAIN MASTER BAG PURCHASED FROM FUNGIPERFECTI.COM [Re: MeetMeInEleusis]
    #2137576 - 11/26/03 11:34 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The FP guys are pretty good at customer service but the DO have to make a profit. I can't see how you can order spawn thinking it's just grain (let alone why you'd spend the $$ on it). In any case they make up the spawn for you and grow it out. Once shipped they can't just take it back and re-sell it since they no longer had any control over conditions, possible contamination, etc. I would not want MY name on it any longer were I FP.

I've been to Stamets operation a few years ago. He doesn't get so directly involved (he says) as he used to. He does spend time hunting new types, cloning them and experimenting with growing conditions, etc. His classes are a trip (though expensive IMO).

I've been ordering from them for some time, never had a problem with them replacing something contaminated or broken in shipping. If they ship you the wrong thing by accident they'll replace it. If you order the wrong thing and it's a kit or spawn or something they're unable to help. It is no longer "new" - and is therefore useless for them.

Invisiblebrainbreath
perpetual newbie
Loc: down on the corner
Re: SHIITAKE GRAIN MASTER BAG PURCHASED FROM FUNGIPERFECTI.COM [Re: Werecat]
    #2146157 - 11/30/03 07:29 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with werecat. From my experiences FP's customer service they are top notch quality. It seems to me that when you got to the point in the purchase that you either had to print out a spawn sale agreement and fax it, or agree to it via e-mail you would have thought something was unusual about that. Even if you hadn't figured it out by the price.
The comment about Stamets not doing "ground level" work had me rotflmao, what do You expect-a personal phone call from Paul Stamets because you have a problem with your order? LOL How many other company presidents would do that?

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2146618 - 11/30/03 12:35 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

interesting. you paid a lotta money!

i'm trying shitakes too - i made wbs grainspawn from an agar plate, and inoculated pasteurised sawdust: this bag weighs about 5 pounds:

you can see where part of it is bubbling here in this shot of the incubator:

i've no idea how these will turn out as this is a first try - i'm expecting it all to go white, then to go brown over the next couple of months, then i plan to soak it in ice water bucket for a day or two and cross my fingers. sorry to hijack the thread with a shirlquestion - any comments?

it cost me about ?1 i reckon, for wbs and sawdust.

--------------------
buh

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#2151528 - 12/02/03 10:11 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, that's pricy. Check out Sporeworks Shiitake mushroom kits. We have small wood based bags, each holding about 1 lb of sterilized substrate. The 4 bag kit is only $60 USD plus shipping and this includes a 10cc culture syringe of shiitake, so you can inoculate it yourself: http://www.sporeworks.com/shiitakekit.html

Otherwise you might be able to contact the folks at www.mycobag.com and see if they'd be willing to custom make you some wood based shiitake grow bags of any weight and quantity. It won't be as expensive as what you gave to fungiperfecti.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck