Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Dreaming yourself to death
    #2134704 - 11/25/03 01:00 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

There was a thread earlier about willing yourself to death... which got me thinking... has anybody ever died in a dream? When I was younger, I had heard the myth, "If you die in your dream, you die in real life." Like any good free thinker, I set out to prove the statement incorrect. For several weeks I worked on having dreams in which I died, to no avail. After a while I started having dreams that would lead to death, but I always woke up at the moment of truth. Finally, in one dream I lept off a tall building and went splat into the ground. As I died in the dream I ended up in a void... not the "" that I equate with egoloss, but more of a lucid dream minus the dream. I woke up a bit later thinking it was an odd experience, but noting that I was still alive.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: Dreaming yourself to death [Re: Seuss]
    #2134719 - 11/25/03 01:08 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Finally, in one dream I lept off a tall building and went splat into the ground. As I died in the dream I ended up in a void... not the "" that I equate with egoloss, but more of a lucid dream minus the dream. I woke up a bit later thinking it was an odd experience, but noting that I was still alive.

Similiar to my only experience where I actually died in a dream.

I was in a restaurant in the middle of a hold up. The robbers were walking around making sure that all of the hostages were subdued. When they got to me, they put a bullet in the back of my head.

I bled to death in the dream. I could feel the life draining from my mind. I really wanted to live.

But yeah, I just faded into something like a void.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflineDasKomet
D 322
Male User Gallery

Loc: US
Re: Dreaming yourself to death [Re: sirreal]
    #2134801 - 11/25/03 01:31 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Dream you're nothing and see where it goes.

--------------------
The Woven World is all I see.
Put cloves in your weed and tell them its for the LSD.
.oO0 Listen to White Zombie 0Oo.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting

Loc: The land of The People
    #2135014 - 11/25/03 03:01 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, When I was a kid I died in my dreams allot of times. From falling to getting shot. And I would feel that wierd feeling of floating away and seeing myself from a third person POV. I had those incredible flying dreams where you don't fly like superman more like you are kinda standind up and holding your arms out ward.

I got another question. Has anyone Dreamed themselves. Once when I was a kid, I had a dream an Indian came to my bed and made me get up. But when I stood up I seperated and left myself dreaming in bed. I could see myself asleep in bed. Then the Indian and I left. Funny, that Indian looked exactly like the one on the Doors, when Jim got lead away. Later I read about the Dream Double. I have asked others and so far no one has said that they have Dreamt themselves. I wonder where my dream double is right now? One time, a chick came up to me and asked me why I left so soon. She said, "I thought we had fun at the bar, and when we went home you left". I had not been anyware for two days. I was sleeping off a week long speed binge. I still can't figure that one out. Later.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Dreaming yourself to death [Re: medicinebag]
    #2135070 - 11/25/03 03:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

doesn't really make sense to me that your dreams dictate your physical well being. This is just stigmatized with death...If i bite my finger off in a dream does it go away in real life...HELL NO. sleep easy

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Dreaming yourself to death [Re: medicinebag]
    #2135142 - 11/25/03 04:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

> Has anyone Dreamed themselves

I had one of those a few months ago... I think I posted it on here... It was like I was two people at once, both of them looking at one another in confusion. Very strange sensation.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: Dreaming yourself to death [Re: DasKomet]
    #2135187 - 11/25/03 04:23 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DasKomet said:
Dream you're nothing and see where it goes. 

wait, that's my waking reality...
I am nothing ! :grin: 

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
    #2135191 - 11/25/03 04:25 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
but noting that I was still alive. 

It would be funny if u actually noted it in a journal :grin:
"Evidence seems to indicate existance"... 

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Offlinebumski
cattle russler

#2135851 - 11/25/03 09:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I drempt I died one night. For some reason I was on the ship I work on and for some other reason there was a catfish in the sink. The catfish played some sort of role and what was what ended up getting me shot(it was a bathroom by the way, in case you were wondering about the sink. No toilets I can remember though? hmmm). Someone else was in there as well and 2 people came in and blew him away, for reasons unknown. I'm kinda standing there at this point by the door which is opposite the sinks so I go back across the room, trying to get the catfish out of the sink and out of there (trying to save it I guess?) and the 2 other guys shot me as a witness. I got shot in the lower abdomen area and once in the upper forehead. I could feel a big chunk of the top of my head torn away, it really felt strange, almost like a concentrated warm sensation. i woke up shortly thereafter but only after being "dead" for a few moments. Needless to say I was laying in my bed for a lil while when I woke up thinking about that strange experience.

--------------------
Cheech: Hey man, the house is bein' raided man! opsCays! You hear me man? get-outski!

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: Dreaming yourself to death [Re: bumski]
    #2135914 - 11/25/03 09:28 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I have drempt of getting shot many times and in many diffrent ways, i once dreamt i got stabbed up and woke really angry because it felt so real and i was angry at the guys that did it i was swearing retaliation as i realized i just woke up from a dream. But the weirdest of them all had to be a night i had about 3 nightmares in a row because i was sleeping on a very uncomftorble floor at a family members house. It was the last one and i was coming out of i cought a glimpse of my step dads truck backing up and stopping by itself, i got scared but didnt go back inside instead i ran towards the front and could see the pick up backing up towards me at accelerating speeds. At this exact moment in the dream i came into the realization that i was about to die and the dream went super lucid in 0 to 6 secounds. Also everything began slowing down and my thoughts sped up. I thought through the hole process of my pre-death. I got ready for death then everything went black and i was really really scared. The blackness remained for 2 secounds and then i thought to myself of that was a crazy ass dream and opened my eyes i was now awake in this hard floor and couldnt go back to sleep because i was thinking of how close to death i had gone in this dream. As for actual death, no, i havent experienced it in a dream.

--------------------

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

Re: Dreaming yourself to death [Re: Spokesman]
    #2135968 - 11/25/03 09:46 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

A while ago I had a dream where I was standing in a field and saw a plane coming around from the distance. As I continued to watch, I noticed something wasn't right with the plane and it curved around and headed my direction.

The plane was smoking and it hit the ground not too far infront of me. The next thing I know, a huge plane/fireball was headed right at me, I tried to run but soon enough, everything went black.

I thought to myself "No, that's not how I want it to end". Suddenly I was standing on a hill over looking the field. The plane was in the distance, still smoking, and curving right around at me. I dove to the side and the plane got stuck in this massive tree that was at the top of the hill. I climbed up the tree and helped everybody out. I got a medal out of it and was proclaimed a hero.

Then I woke up. I guess that's the way it was supposed to end? This is up there with one of the strangest dreams I've ever had.

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2136410 - 11/26/03 12:45 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Death or dying in dreams often symbolizes a change, or 'death', in parts of your personality or phase of your life. It could be manifesting energies from repressed emotions or karmic interactions between others, such as unresolved conflict. Sometimes dreams of death represent the future of where our current path would lead us. At other times they can be quite real, as predictions, a warning. But one would soon realize that death is quite the natural process, and is a necessary counterpart for life, transformation, evolution, progress. As such, dreams of death represent our personal evolution process, we often kill parts of our ego. Death is the ultimate ego loss.

--------------------

Invisibledeep_umbra
Stranger
Re: Dreaming yourself to death [Re: Shroomism]
    #2136708 - 11/26/03 04:00 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i've died in a dream (drink driving).  i was in lingo thinking it was just a dream and trying as hard as possible to wake up but could not.  it was only after i submitted to death that i awoke. :frown: 

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
Re: Dreaming yourself to death [Re: deep_umbra]
    #2136751 - 11/26/03 04:39 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i think i already posted this awhile back but here goes....
I had a dream where i was in a truck and for some reason i got in a wreck, the truck caught on fire, and it was all around me, i was kinda scared at first and could feel the heat, and started to burn, then, it just stopped, the flames were still there but i felt fine, and it felt like i had died, and i was sitting there in the truck looking around, thinking "this is it?" "hmmm that wasn't so bad" i didn't go anywhere but i was dead, things were just pretty much the same though. At the moment of death it felt like the dream kinda changed from a regular dream to a lucid dream, after i died if i remember correctly i knew i was dreaming, and just kinda hung out there dead for a minute thinking about the whole event, then woke up a few moments later. Felt fine, was just a very odd dream, kinda cool
Sincerely,
That which is, and has no choice but to be

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2137578 - 11/26/03 01:34 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ive died many time in my dreams. One time i fell off an apartment building and snapped my neck, then i was bitten by ravenous puppies. Ive also been burned by brimstone and thrown on this mountain... then i was confronted by this angel who told me that they dont serve people from hell. Another time... i tried to escape this lightning bolt in my dream... but i ran through my house and it followed me, and i saw it coming in slow mo... and my eyes filled with this blue/white light... and it took me away. But... im typing still! I have wondered if you could "cut off your life" before, but i dont think i would want to try... not yet anyway.

--------------------
What?

Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Loc: everywhere all the time
Re: Dreaming yourself to death [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2142960 - 11/28/03 08:47 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

usually when i die in my dreams, i remain in the dream as a phantom. After that I can usually float around with my etherial body... could be because I relate death with the astral planes so much.

--------------------
i am another you

OfflineSkyshroudslayer
Slayer ofSkyshroud
Loc: random dimension
Re: Dreaming yourself to death [Re: jiva]
    #2143049 - 11/28/03 09:45 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I've dreamed myself to death many times I suppose. One time however was one to remember. After a long sequence of events that was coming to an end in the dream, myself was sitting in an old Amsterdam style building eating food with the family, this was a totally surreal environment with only wooden furnishings eating mediteraean food in relative poverty. I sat there, eating, while the vision changed to someone outside with a long raincoat and a shotgun walking up the steps to the door, coming inside and in the moment I got up from a stool, without fear, in knowing, the guy shot me. I still maintained the perspective of the gunman but felt the blast surge through the person that was me in the dream. I knew this was the end of the sequence, a sort of sadness came over me and I woke up in a convulsion.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology