Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineguitarmon
musician

burned at the stake ?
    #2130379 - 11/23/03 11:24 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Friday night ... I made a little camp in my living room with pillows and blankets, on the hardwood floor. Lots of house plants surrounded me, had a fire going in the fireplace, some tunes playing ... including a CD of my own mellow spacy music.

Took a little more than an 1/8 of shrooms (OJ smoothie), suplemented with fine herbs ... and nitrous. I was feeling great, and my mind was wandering ... thinking about lots of different things.

At one point the thought popped into my head ... "I'm a witch!"

I laughed. Why did I think that? I don't cast spells or anything like that ... I figure its because my of earthy 'magic brew' that I concocted and consumed.

Would I have been burned at the stake a few hundred years ago? Well, I could be 'locked up' even these days ... times have changed, but not that much.

I don't think of 'witches/alchemy/paganism' as 'evil' (thats a label given by the 'Church') ... its just a natural thing ... embracing the earth and its natural bounty, exploring and wondering.

I was born and raised a 'Catholic' ... I suppose they mean well ... but I have little respect for all the hypocrisy and closedmindedness of that church (how many have they killed in the name of God?). I don't need a middle man to talk to God, and impose all their silly doctrines on me ... while they leach and pass their basket around.

* NOTE: This post is a piece of fiction by the writer, names have been changed to protect the innocent. I have not actually consumed any illegal substances, nor broken any laws. Peace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: burned at the stake ? [Re: guitarmon]
    #2130412 - 11/23/03 11:45 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

[I laughed. Why did I think that?  I don't cast spells or anything like that ... I figure its because my of earthy 'magic brew' that I concocted and consumed.

Would I have been burned at the stake a few hundred years ago?  Well, I could be 'locked up' even these days ... times have changed, but not that much.

Yeah, it is kind of funny.

They used to burn people like us alive at the stake. Now, in our civilised world, they lock us up. How humane. They just change thier methods, but the intent is still the same. :mad:

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #2130693 - 11/23/03 03:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

guitarmon said:
* NOTE: This post is a piece of fiction by the writer, names have been changed to protect the innocent. I have not actually consumed any illegal substances, nor broken any laws. Peace.

put this in your sig and you won't have to type if every time :tongue:)

yeah, witchcraft is what exactly?  the worship of the earth and its beauty/bounty?  is that what it is based on because that sounds pretty cool/interesting.  i was also raised a catholic but have since strayed from the church...maybe i should become a warlock, lol. 

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2130729 - 11/23/03 04:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

About 15 years ago I was at a weekly meeting held in this old woman's living room. Viola was my "spiritual counselor" and would have a "class" every Wednesday. It would usually entail a reading from some spiritual literature, meditation, guided visualization, discussion and an occasional "healing".

On one particular night, a couple showed up for their first visit. Viola tells this young Chinese girl to stand up because she is all spaced out. I am not paying too much attention to what is going on. Viola asks the woman what she is so afraid of. Before the girl could respond, an electric shock runs up my spine and I spontaneously jump up and yell, "OH MY GOD! THEY BURNED HER!" I had no idea where this came from.

The girl spins around and runs to me and throws her arms around me and begins sobbing heavily. Whispering amid the tears, she said quietly, "Yes, yes - you understand don't you? You SAW it." Her boyfriend stood there with his mouth agape.

Releasing me, she turns to the rest of the group and says, "In my past life I was an herbalist and healer and was burned for my practices which is why I fear expressing myself spiritually today.

Never saw the young lady again after that class and am not sure what it all meant.

No joke - true story.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (11/23/03 04:36 PM)

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: burned at the stake ? [Re: Swami]
    #2130737 - 11/23/03 04:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

How do you feel about that experience today?

What would you attribute that insight to upon reflection?

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2130746 - 11/23/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I don't need a middle man to talk to God

You would be a good candidate because you've hitten upon the key for the condemnation: Religion only wants you to know of God or spirit through it and its tomes so that your experience can be filtered through it.

Oddly, considering the matters they're supposedly dealing with, they get mighty afeared when anyone speaks of actual spiritual experiences. It takes them out of the loop and they don't like that. As an experiment, try meeting one-on-one with your local pastor and tell him you had a spiritual experience and see what his reaction is. (Some people here have no doubt experienced this for themselves).

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: burned at the stake ? [Re: sirreal]
    #2130767 - 11/23/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

That's an interesting story Swami.

My mom has the exact same conviction, although she came by it in a different way.

And guitarmon, thats a funny point. If they're not burned at the stake they're locked up, and if not locked up in the very least ridiculed, disrespected and belittled.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: burned at the stake ? [Re: sirreal]
    #2130770 - 11/23/03 04:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I had completely forgotten about it until I saw the thread. As I said I a not sure what to make of it. Somehow I must have tapped into the girl's fear. There were no external cues nor talk about witches or anything like that during the class. For now I merely file it away under "Curiosities".

--------------------

Anonymous

#2130771 - 11/23/03 04:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

So what's wrong with burning witches?  :confused:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: burned at the stake ? [Re: ]
    #2130783 - 11/23/03 04:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Cortizone cream is very good for burning itches. Oh! Nevermind...

--------------------

OfflineEntelle
wanderer

Loc: Canada
    #2131043 - 11/23/03 06:55 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

hey, speaking as one of those modern witches, burning itches sux! Cortizone!

really, I am Wiccan, and would be best defined as a "hedge-witch". Just doin my own thing, on my own time, by my own motivations. The great thing, i think, about Wiccanism, is if it feels right, then you are not doing it wrong. Of course, there are bigots in every fold... break out the cortizone cream!

--------------------
"Not all those who wander are lost."

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: burned at the stake ? [Re: Entelle]
    #2131311 - 11/23/03 09:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

really, I am Wiccan, and would be best defined as a "hedge-witch".

As I live in the desert, I am sort of a "sand-witch" (no mayo).

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2131341 - 11/23/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hahaha nice one swami. You're awful.

Seriously though, I used to consider myself Wiccan and have a lot of respect for it even though I chose not to label my spirituality anymore.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
    #2131750 - 11/24/03 03:43 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I knew what I "saw" was true. :mushroom2:  I "smelt" you the other day.  You were trying to "see" me weren't you, Swami.  What is the name of the cologne you wore.  I've never smelled it before.  Did you "see" what I wanted you to "see".  Protections can be misleading.  LOL> or should is say Muwahhahahh. later/Psychic.   

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom