Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
After Burn
    #4622193 - 09/05/05 01:23 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

The Tao of Heaven operates mysteriously and secretly; it has no fixed shape, it follows no definite rules; it is so great that you can never come to the end of it; it is so deep that you can never fathom it.

Greetings and love to you my friends. :smile:

Since there are a few requests for a report I will try to convey a tiny bit of the amazing experience (to me) of Burning Man this year.

First I want to say that each year I attend with mixed feelings. Love and Fear. It is a challenge for me to open myself to the emotional energy there and not hide myself and protect my insecurities (which are legion) and so miss the full experience of being at the Man. It is always a mixed outcome, but as I am willing to attempt it each year it gets a little easier to be outside my comfort zone. Everyone in our camp dealt with this challenge and I suspect with rare exceptions all 35,000 did also.

Indeed the world is not unlike a vast, shapeless Rorschach blot which we read according to our inner disposition, in such a way that our interpretations say far more about ourselves than about the blot.

The main challenges in our group of 9 were social anxiety, sexual anxiety, and the challenge of the psychedelic experience.

My shamanic friend was in attendance and brought psychedelics for all at no charge. He spent a very large some of cash even though he is at a financial low right now. He refused no request for any amount and asked for no justification. He spent the week in a bliss state. He is a true example of the power of psychedelics in spiritual transformation. He is the closest to fearless of any person I have ever encountered. He is also one of the two most loving people I have ever encountered. He was the hub of our little wheel.

Monday was a full on dust storm white out that lasted maybe 16 hours. Tents broke and blew away but our camp was secure. My tent had a coating of dust that blew right through the fabric so I lived dust right from the start to the finish. It was beautiful once I surrendered to being outside my civilized comfort zone. The rest of the days were sunny hot (but not terrible) with only occasional dust storms during the day and night, which is the usual.

During the week most everyone in camp had some kind of emotional meltdown from mild to very severe. We all acted the role of therapist and concerned friend for each other and I would have to say every one experienced some kind of spiritual transformation from this event. Only if you were there can you know how powerful this can be. But I tell you I am not hyping this in any way. It's very much like a big scary dose of shrooms and then of course you get to add a big scary dose of shrooms to the experience.

I will not even try to describe Burning Man at night except to say it is alive with the most powerful energy I have ever felt. The electric art on thousands of people bedecked in costume of every creature from this galaxy it seems. Unlimited indoor and outdoor dance venues that begins about 9 at night and is still going at 9 the next morning. You can always walk out into the dark palaya if it gets to be too much.

My big night was wed on 2 hits of E and 3 hits of LSD. I had plans to hide in the darkness of the palaya but ended up in the middle of it all and danced and loved for about 10 hours. I will not even try to describe that night. I will say I was full and experiencing Tao in one of my most open hearted, loving, fearless, relaxed states. I was filled to overflowing with every feeling and emotion I posses and loved and excepted them all equally, they were not mine or me, it was Tao experiencing it all through me. I was in Bliss for most of the time. The music had me full in trance and my body danced itself and I just came along for the ride. I wanted you there with me Veritas and yet I was complete.

I would have loved to have you all there.

I really had fun and was relaxed most of the time. I was confronted with the fact that I am still scared of people sometimes and I judge them as superior/inferior to protect myself. I worked on overcoming that with some notable success and I really bonded well with most people I met. I confronted the fact that I still have sexual insecurities and physical insecurities and had more success in loving and accepting myself the way I am with all my imperfect shit. I shared lots of deep emotional bonding with my friends and some complete strangers. It was all exactly what it was supposed to be.  :heart:

I will try to post some photos I took it a 25$ camera, so don't expect it to capture much. Still it's something.

If anyone wants more specifics I will try to give them here or in PM if you like. But I'm sort of at a loss as to really getting the experience across. So I will end here for now. :mushroom2:

Even beyond the ultimate limits there extends a passageway whereby he comes back among the realms of existance . . .

Like a gem he stands out even in the mud; Like pure gold he shines even in the furnace.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
Re: After Burn [Re: Icelander]
    #4622229 - 09/05/05 01:41 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Amazing.

Thank you for doing this.  :mushroom2: :heart:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4622327 - 09/05/05 02:13 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Wow.
Sounds just like I envisioned it.
It seems like you had a life-altering experience at the man
Thanks for sharing Icelander.. I wish I could have been there

:sun: :mushroom2:

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
 User Gallery

Loc: The Hand
    #4622384 - 09/05/05 02:28 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Welcome back, Dusty!

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

OfflinePmog
I's

Loc: (No)r(way)
Re: After Burn [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #4622450 - 09/05/05 02:42 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

drugs.. mm mm-m..

--------------------
Life! = !Life

Life = birthing
Life = dying

!life = death <-> birth = life!
--------------------
:frown: !LIVE! :smile:
--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4624650 - 09/06/05 07:19 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Wohoo!

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: After Burn [Re: Diploid]
    #4624699 - 09/06/05 08:47 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

That's a vintage one.  :cool:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology