Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Interstellar? [Re: TheGreenArrow]
    #21252134 -

cuz he risked his life to save the world

it wasnt JUST about saving his daughter (watching the movie tho, thats what u would think), it was about saving everyone. it was his mission to save the world. he knew his life would never be the same. thats why he gave a fuck

love stories are so gay in movies. fuck that noise. its like all adam sandlers shitty movies. they start out good and go to shit at the end when he falls in love with some ho


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: Bassfreak]
    #21252139 -

interstellar and gravity both sucked

but interstellar was so much better. at least stuff happened in that movie


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #21252158 -

Gilgamesh18 said:
Shroomslip said:
I've already seen it.. I didn't really see anything that warrants the reaction it has gotten. Honestly, even gravity was a better movie. No real plot but it kept me on the edge of my seat. Interstellar did not.



Really you liked gravity more than interstellar?



Yes and no. I thought the plot of interstellar was phenomenally better, but there was no since of urgency or "edge of your seat thrill ride" attached to it. At least in Gravity I was on the edge of my seat constantly. I felt glued to the screen and couldn't stop watching. It really wasn't the case in Interstellar. I'll admit that based on plot and depth, Gravity was inferior. But with all the hype when I finally watched Interstellar, I expected the same kind of ride, actually even more, and I just didn't get that. I basically predicted what was going on before he even left Earth. It was just too predictable. Causality loops seem to be the thing in style now and it wasn't hard to put 2 and 2 together.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: Bassfreak]
    #21252165 -

I agree with shroomslip. There was nothing in that movie that was mind blowing.
The music cinematography and special effects were awesome. That's all that caught me though. I only say it was ok because it's a bit different from the usual Hollywood cliches.

It still would have worked better as a sci-fi odessy instead of the drama elements forced on us. I don't think it even needed the whole end of the world premise. Just the fact of entering into a wormhole to another Galaxy is freaking dramatic on its on. I would have preferred they spent more time building relationships with their fellow astronauts then the father daughter thing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: point5wonder]
    #21252184 -

I really enjoyed Interstellar even though it fell a bit short in some areas, mostly the whole love story stuff, and a couple of other things dealing with expositions. It gave you a lot to chew on, both with technical points and some of the science points. If people consider Interstellar a somewhat failure, it was a somewhat failure dealing on a huge epic scale, which is just as good as a well done but simpler movie.

While Die Hard is a GREAT super duper simple movie
sometimes I'd rather see something imperfect but
being so ambitious it makes you forgive any short comings.
Nolan is taking the risks in my opinion that other directors in
mainstream
cinema, such as Tarantino, Spielberg and Tim Burton won't.
And they pay off big time even though they occasionally wobble
in quality.
Nolan is trying to steer much bigger ships than most other mainstream directors, which I enjoy.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #21252333 -

TARS: Everybody good? Plenty of slaves for my robot colony?

TARS is easily the best character in the movie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: Faustoid]
    #21252342 -

Was TARS that Monolithic Robot?
If so, The Robot was def. one of my favorite parts.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: Apollyphelion] * 1
    #21252344 -

Apollyphelion said:
Was TARS that Monolithic Robot?
If so, The Robot was def. one of my favorite parts.



Yep, thats him.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: BlazeGlassDabs]
    #21252375 -

Interstellar was awesome!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: BlazeGlassDabs]
    #21252407 -

A lady friend of mine doiwnloaded it yesterday and was gobsmacked. I have yet to see it, I'd love to.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: Asante]
    #21252417 -

dont waste your time

its 3 hours of :cuteshit:


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: Bassfreak]
    #21252475 -

I have to see for myself.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: Bassfreak]
    #21252482 -

Bassfreak said:
dont waste your time

its 3 hours of :cuteshit:



I will agree that it is way too long.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: Faustoid]
    #21252485 -

id say 1 outta the 3 hours of that movie is cool cuz its like sci fi space shit

but thats it


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: Asante]
    #21252494 -

Asante said:
I have to see for myself.



Just be careful with expectation. You should watch it, but I'd be wary of going into it expecting the movie of the century (as everyone would have you believe). Take it for what it is, don't tie expectation to it, you will be disappointed IMO.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Edited by Shroomslip (02/10/15 09:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: Bassfreak]
    #21252519 -

Bassfreak said:
interstellar was such a retarded shitty movie

watching it on acid woulda literally made it better cuz then i wouldnt care about the characters and i could have fun watching the cinematography

i dont know why everyone thought it was so great. it was a stupid movie about a man and his daughter. it was a drama with a side of sci fi

hollywood sure knows how to take a great idea and fuck it up

i HATE how all movies these days try to hit every single fucking demographic. like horror movies arent even rated R anymore, theyre all PG13 so kids can go see it too. like your movie sucks but at least kids can see it. there needs to be more R rated movies. its at the point where im more likely to see a movie now cuz its R

in any action movie there has to be a love story so women can watch it too. these movies are too busy whoring themselves out so they can make as much money as possible. its not about making great movies for so many companies. its about making money. and it sucks. interstellar is the perfect example of this. its advertised as a space movie but its really some lame ass drama about the relationship btwn father and daughter. like i want spaaaaaace, who fucking cares about this guy and his kid?



I disagree strongly about Interstellar (Shouldn't it have been intergalactic though? Because they don't travel just within the milky way but.. ah fuck it), but everything else you said is spot on :lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: Turtletotem] * 1
    #21252530 -

Didn't like it = didn't get it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: Turtletotem] * 1
    #21252534 -

At the end of the day when describing films
I like to use words like sucks, retarded, garbage
for movies that actually do suck
are retarded
and are garbage


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: morrowasted]
    #21252563 -

morrowasted said:
Didn't like it = didn't get it




lol that MUST be it

i mean theres no other possible explanation right brah?


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar? [Re: morrowasted]
    #21252924 -

morrowasted said:
Didn't like it = didn't get it



:kaneclap:


--------------------
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.- Robert A. Heinlein
Saint RedBow of the Shroomey Loomey-Patron Saint of Sandbaggin Sumbitchs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* my brother suckerpunched me n dislocated my jaw
( 1 2 3 all )
Endure 4,240 59 11/27/13 06:13 PM
by Rose
* Do you like Adam Sandler?
( 1 2 all )
Achillita 2,380 26 09/23/15 09:21 AM
by Sheekle
* This novemeber, adam sandlers shits in your eyes, ears and mouth
( 1 2 3 all )
nice1 5,536 40 06/11/11 01:38 PM
by The Ecstatic
* Suckerpunch
( 1 2 3 all )
JesusGoneRogue 3,348 40 04/05/11 07:55 AM
by Prisoner#1
* Interstellar
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Bridgeburner 5,518 87 11/30/14 07:37 PM
by MorphinTime
* Adam Sandler has starred in the best movies
( 1 2 all )
shekelstein 2,149 25 09/06/16 11:06 PM
by zZZz
* NEW ADAM SANDLER MOVIE!
( 1 2 all )
Shortknight 1,943 24 10/28/15 06:01 AM
by Bridgeburner
* Adam Sandler is an Illuminatus blewmeanie 1,169 13 08/29/09 11:32 AM
by koppie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,230 topic views. 9 members, 56 guests and 132 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.