Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Feeling like the oppression is really getting to you?
    #2124325 - 11/20/03 02:07 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I mean, with the entire War on Drugs thing.  It just boggles my mind how arrogant the people in this country are to outlaw a PLANT.  To declare it illegal.  Then the mounting prison sentences for non-violent drug offenders who just smoke or grow peacefully in their little corner of the world...sometimes it gets too much.  :frown:  I just read that they are pushing to make penalties even high for drug offenders.  It just saddens me to the core. 

Sometimes I don't know how much more I can take.  I mean, to most people this isn't even a big deal.  But it just makes me really upset.  I hate having to feel like a criminal by those ignorant just because of a plant or two.  A plant.  :sad:

Does anyone else ever get to the point with the WoD that they want to pull out their hair and scream?  And the worst part is that it seems almost impossible to fight it in America.  People are fed their daily 'drugs are evil' allotment here and they believe it too.  :frown:

I just wish people would live and let live.  *sigh*

-ShadeGirl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Feeling like the oppression is really getting to you? [Re: MOTH]
    #2124329 - 11/20/03 02:20 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
I mean, with the entire War on Drugs thing. It just boggles my mind how arrogant the people in this country are to outlaw a PLANT.

Not the plant, but an active chemical within the plant.

Quote:

Then the mounting prison sentences for non-violent drug offenders who just smoke or grow peacefully in their little corner of the world.

A smoker usually buys from a dealer. Most drug dealers aren't the best people in the world. Although I can agree here, growing and smoking shouldn't be reasons to go to prison. Perhaps if you are growing to sell, then you should go to prison if you're busted. After all, it is illegal and you knew that before you started. It might be fucked up, but that's the way it is.

Quote:

Sometimes I don't know how much more I can take.

Honestly, let it go. Most people don't plan to use drugs forever, which is why most people aren't out there fighting a battle that isn't going anywhere.

Quote:

People are fed their daily 'drugs are evil' allotment here and they believe it too.

Behind most non-domestic crimes in the world is drugs. You be the judge of evil for yourself. When you're young and don't know better, or even after that, drugs can fuck you up in your daily life. They certainly don't do anyone any favors.

Quote:

I just wish people would live and let live.

Good plan. Now you start by following your own words. Don't you have school in the morning or something?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Feeling like the oppression is really getting to you? [Re: ]
    #2124332 - 11/20/03 02:27 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Don't you have school in the morning or something? 

Nope.  No need to be condescending either.  :tongue: 

Anonymous

#2124336 - 11/20/03 02:37 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
No need to be condescending either.

You mean this isn't the internet?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#2124338 - 11/20/03 02:40 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SuckaFree said:
Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
No need to be condescending either.

You mean this isn't the internet?

Oh, I see. So using the internet is an excuse to be condescending?

Anonymous

#2124339 - 11/20/03 02:42 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Not particularly, but perhaps you shouldn't expect anything more. Then you won't be let down. I'm sorry I spoiled your little thing.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#2124343 - 11/20/03 02:48 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SuckaFree said:
Not particularly, but perhaps you shouldn't expect anything more. 

Good point.  :tongue: 

Anonymous

#2124346 - 11/20/03 02:52 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You've made so many different faces in this thread that if you had been sitting in front of me actually making them I might think that you had pooping problems.

What are you so emotional about? Did your dealer get raided or did you think about how bad it would suck to have no weed? You know, like thinking about how it would suck if he/she were busted.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#2124351 - 11/20/03 03:01 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I don't have a dealer, and I don't smoke weed.  I have a kitten who cultivates mushrooms (thanks to the shroomery) and thats about it.  I mostly feel bad for people who get more jail time for growing weed at home then rapists who are child predators.  I'm tired of anti-drug commercials that equate drug use with maiming, catastrophe and death.  I'm especially tired of people who are fed only misinformation on drugs and refuse to accept anything else.  There is bill called the Victory Act that will have the power to name all drug *users* terrorists. 

And yes...I am a very emotional person.  :cool:

-ShadeGirl 

Anonymous

#2124357 - 11/20/03 03:11 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

About the only information that exists about drugs is misinformation. What do you have, sites like this or Erowid? A site that must warn you with a disclaimer so as not to be held legally responsible for information you gather at that site (should you kill yourself) is perhaps not the best place to obtain your information. There really is no good place for real drug discussion like you want. It doesn't work. Some people love them, some hate them, some are in between. Those moderate folks really don't give a shit, but they will agree with points made by either side.

If you're using drugs in your own home and not sharing with anyone stupid or selling anything, you will probably be fine. When you start pushing your shit into places where people don't want it, you will have problems.

I think this thread is dead. I know I'm done with it.

Offlinebent
bent1

Loc: ny
    #2124360 - 11/20/03 03:19 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

SuckaFree... Dude... what side are you on?!?! Everyone of Ellemyshade's points are valid. You my friend need to realize that the whole war on drugs is in the wrong direction. Instead of filling heads with garbage and sending drug users/dealers to jail maybe the war on drugs should focus on the more dangerous substances if any. If pot were legal more people would probally smoke it but if coccaine and heroine were also legal I don't think the legalization is going to attract any more users. Tolerance of drugs like in Holland is what should be in place. Most marijuana smokers the biggest crime they commit is "smokin the dope", aside from maybe a few menial crimes that a large percentage of people commit whether they use drugs or not. The fact that marijuana is illegal not only is putting us smokers/suppliers in prison, but is giving the image to people (mostly the ignorant ones) that because a person smokes marijuana that they are a bad person. Shit, take 50 non-smokers and 50 smokers from random places in America and I can bet who is more of a happy and peaceful person.
The government wants you to consume and produce, but not produce anything too out of the ordinary for drastic change is what makes them worry. When Johnny grows an apple to sell, he's taxed, but than when Bobby buys that apple it's taxed again. It's all about money, I beleive that the government makes more money keeping drugs illegal than if they were to legalize and tax them. How you ask, how do they profit from keeping drugs illegal if they're spending millions a year on the war on drugs? I'll tell you. Why because the government gets funding from drug dealers. There is proof EVERYWHERE. A very strong example is when the CIA raised money for funding by allowing contra to bring coccaine into america. Do some research it's true and I'm sure it goes on a lot more than is known. Those drug lords oversees with the millions upon millions of dollars, mostly from America, now if drugs were illegal, they don't have their American buisness anymore, so as job insurance they make sure that drugs stay illegal. It is 100% true. Marijuana doesn't harm anybody any more than a ciggarette or a cigar and definately not near as much as alcohol. So why is it illegal? Maybe the marijuana isn't so much a drug lord's interest, but if that were illegal it would be a start for other things.
Most people out there agree with the live and let live theory, thus most people don't give a damn what you do as long as it doesn't affect them. Well if marijuana were legal instead of having to buy, at least one friend should be able to maintain a crop to hook himself and buddies up, thus no drug dealer is making money off their habit elminating the more "criminal" of the types in the "drug world". Theres no such thing as people that don't use drugs, a drug is something that alters ones mood or physical feelings. Well isn't sex a feeling? Doesn't buying a gift for someone make you feel good? How about coffee, a large majority of people NEED it to stay awake in the morning, is there much of a difference to people who like to have weed to relax? Maybe the government should take a full on war on our happiness or drop the war on drugs, because #1 they may think they're winning the war, and even if they did, who's the enemy again? The citizens of their country. How are they going to tax us if we're imprisoned for getting stoned? How about all of us drug users go turn ourselves in for the good of mankind and see how many people are left to consume goods and continue to make America the richest country in the world. I think we'd get let out pretty quickly... Ya that sounds like a good idea, seriously. Whether we like to beleive it or not our government is a democracy and the power is ultimately in the people, well how about the 75% of people who either use drugs or don't see anything wrong with using them get together and change a few laws, I beleive that smokers are the new oppressed people in America, we need to have strong representation, good leaders, and all the support we can get. Although not as important or significant it would be the next Civil/Equal Rights movement. It can happen, it will happen. Or else I don't want to remain any longer in this country of bullshit.

Edited by bent (11/20/03 03:34 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Feeling like the oppression is really getting to you? [Re: bent]
    #2124361 - 11/20/03 03:23 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I know I said I was done but, I'm not on any side, Cheech. I'm an individual.

Now, the rest of your post...Well, I didn't read it. You need to brush up your english skills my friend.

Offlinebent
bent1

#2124373 - 11/20/03 03:41 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
I mean, with the entire War on Drugs thing. It just boggles my mind how arrogant the people in this country are to outlaw a PLANT.

Quote:

SuckaFree said:
Not the plant, but an active chemical within the plant.

Outlawed by the government not the people.
It isn't the people in the country that outlawed anything, it's usually a small group of radicals. In the case of marijuana I'd say when it was outlawed 90 percent of people didn't know anything about it and instead of actually knowing about it firsthand they beleive media/government and thus imposed the idea of "DEVIL REEFER!". If there was a vote today on whether marijuana should remain illegal I'm pretty damn sure people would vote no.

You can say its wrong on paper, but we know it isn't wrong. It's our choice anyway. And plus... You can't stop us anyway.

Edited by bent (11/20/03 03:43 AM)

Offlinebent
bent1

#2124376 - 11/20/03 03:47 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I also beleive that they want power over us, technically in the democracy we live in we still have power, but as soon as your a criminal you don't even have your rights anymore.

Offlinebent
bent1

#2124378 - 11/20/03 03:52 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

And suckafree about my grammar, I rather need to brush up on my english than have to brush up on my personality, I was wondering where your coming from so I checked out all your posts and coincedentally, I think your a big dick. Adjective dick not noun b.t.w. :wink:

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #2124443 - 11/20/03 05:51 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You are brainwashed.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom