Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
circumcision linked to autism * 1
    #21148871 -

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6503106?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

Had to post this. What do you think, bullshit or truth?

Discuss intelligently.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Edited by Sophistic Radiance (01/20/15 11:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #21148912 -

theres no way that removing skin would have some neurological effect on the brain.

plus pretty sure autism is a new thing, has only been around in the past century it so while circumcisions been around much longer.

circumcision is linked to better sex researchers have found :rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: TheBoomking]
    #21148952 -

Banging your pinkie toe causes lung cancer too.

If only they told us.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #21148959 -

Bullshit.


--------------------
PLUR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: PLURAL]
    #21148961 -

If it's bullshit, how do you explain the link? A 50% increase definitely needs some explaining.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #21148965 -

statistics are exactly that - statistics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #21148966 -

A lot of time statistics mean nothing, there are many other factors, I would venture to say in areas where more people get circumcised the people probably also eat more processed food and more are probably raised on formula, as well as many other factors.


--------------------
PLUR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: TheBoomking]
    #21148968 -

What's that supposed to mean?


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #21148971 -

:whathesaid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: PLURAL]
    #21149069 -

Treant said:
A lot of time statistics mean nothing, there are many other factors, I would venture to say in areas where more people get circumcised the people probably also eat more processed food and more are probably raised on formula, as well as many other factors.



Do you have any evidence that people who are more likely to be circumcised are also more likely to be raised on processed foods and formula?


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #21149091 -

My dude was circumcised and he's one of the smartest mother Fucker I know.

Definitely BS


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 4
    #21149105 -

Can we please stop with the circumcision threads? I don't think I've seen a single other dead horse beat on as hard in the past few months.

You want discussion on it? Here's what's going to happen. One, maybe 2 pages of something resembling actual discussion, then the cut people are going to argue with the anteaters about meaningless bullshit for the next 15 pages. Both sides are just going to keep repeating the same bullshit over and over.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: Shroomslip] * 1
    #21149121 -

:rofl2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: Shroomslip] * 2
    #21149136 -

I got circumcied when I was born. I turned out to be such a manly guy that my foreskin grew back.

:whatyougonnado:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: VivaLaMushie]
    #21149141 -

VivaLaMushie said:
My dude was circumcised and he's one of the smartest mother Fucker I know.

Definitely BS



A lot of people with autism are actually really brilliant, not that I'm saying your boyfriend is autistic.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: Patlal]
    #21149159 -

Patlal said:
I got circumcied when I was born. I turned out to be such a manly guy that my foreskin grew back.

:whatyougonnado:



That almost sounds like a Chuck Norris joke. Or, your'e so manly that when they tried to circumcise you, the scalpel broke. Or, the rabbi's head exploded.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #21149188 -

Your source doesn't support the subject of this thread.  No causal link has been shown whatsoever.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: Enlil]
    #21149210 -

Enlil said:
Your source doesn't support the subject of this thread.  No causal link has been shown whatsoever.



That's true, so I changed the name of the thread.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #21149228 -

Circumcision is probably "linked" to a lot of things.  Whether its causal or not is the salient issue, and yet to be proven.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: circumcision causes autism [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #21149229 -

BlindSophist said:
Treant said:
A lot of time statistics mean nothing, there are many other factors, I would venture to say in areas where more people get circumcised the people probably also eat more processed food and more are probably raised on formula, as well as many other factors.



Do you have any evidence that people who are more likely to be circumcised are also more likely to be raised on processed foods and formula?



Nothing more than anecdotal evidence.

I'm sure there's some out there I don't care enough to look it up, my point was it doesn't matter because there are way too many factors.


--------------------
PLUR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Yo, what's up with all this AUTISM errywhere.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
thoughts 6,409 142 03/22/13 02:44 AM
by WorldWideWInton
* What is the cause of the increase of kids diagnosed with autism? RonaldFuckingPaul 965 14 09/07/12 04:45 PM
by Bundy
* "Vaccines cause autism"
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
falsereality 1,837 90 10/23/16 09:44 AM
by Prisoner#1
* Boy given pot to manage autism (graphic video) Patlal 2,339 18 01/26/13 07:32 PM
by Adolin
* Autism and Drugs TioWWW999 587 13 10/30/16 11:22 AM
by Visionary Tools
* Do Vaccines Cause Autism?
( 1 2 3 all )
Crystal G 2,066 46 01/01/14 06:10 PM
by Konyap
* Every 1 in 91 kids in the US has AUTISM
( 1 2 all )
Coaster 2,641 21 10/06/09 07:21 AM
by Prisoner#1
* So I recently joined an autism/asperger's forum....
( 1 2 all )
openmind 2,716 39 09/18/12 07:11 PM
by Dawks

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,320 topic views. 5 members, 21 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.