Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Silversoul]
    #13434265 -

:thumbup::thumbup:Hey man Im giving you :thumbup::thumbup:

Aw man since when did I get 4 hands, before or after I ate those chocholates!


--------------------
Planning for next Summer cannot wait hitting up as many festibles as possible....

Bliss Fest, Farm Fest, Hoxeyville Music Fest, Earthworks, Rothbury(If its on this year), Burningman! Love to trip love the atmosphere at festibles.. Hopefully one day I will own my own Festible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #13434279 -

RandalFlagg said:
Only utterly dedicated psychonauts who endlessly chase some obscure and nebulous "enlightenment" and read Carlos Castenada have the right to "trip balls".  Everybody else is a poser.



the only enlightment there is in mushroom or lsd trip is the feeling.

that's it.

feel it... know it... know how to feel it and let others feel it... know how to let others know how to respect it.

that's it.

nothing more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: akira_akuma]
    #13434396 -

I like to extrapolate as much knowledge/wisdom as possible from my life experiences. With that said, after my first few trips there wasn't much to gain from it besides a good time. Unless of course I go for a heroic dose, but even then the amount of practical wisdom I get out of it that doesn't sound like some inane hippie rambling is going be slim.


--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: akira_akuma]
    #13434498 -

akira_akuma said:
RandalFlagg said:
Only utterly dedicated psychonauts who endlessly chase some obscure and nebulous "enlightenment" and read Carlos Castenada have the right to "trip balls".  Everybody else is a poser.



the only enlightment there is in mushroom or lsd trip is the feeling.

that's it.

feel it... know it... know how to feel it and let others feel it... know how to let others know how to respect it.

that's it.

nothing more.



exactly.
eating a bunch of mushrooms in the dark with the lights turned off and doing nothing all night will leave you no more or no less enlightened than if you had not done it.

eating a bunch of acid at a festival with more women than your balls can handle...now that's enlightenment


--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: F0SS1L]
    #13434522 -

F0SS1L said:
I like to extrapolate as much knowledge/wisdom as possible from my life experiences. With that said, after my first few trips there wasn't much to gain from it besides a good time. Unless of course I go for a heroic dose, but even then the amount of practical wisdom I get out of it that doesn't sound like some inane hippie rambling is going be slim.



why not just learn from yourself? why a heroic dose only?

why do mushrooms at all? :shrug:

because it's fun. (that'd be a good answer, if you knew yourself)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: AntiEverything]
    #13434529 -

AntiEverything said:
akira_akuma said:
RandalFlagg said:
Only utterly dedicated psychonauts who endlessly chase some obscure and nebulous "enlightenment" and read Carlos Castenada have the right to "trip balls".  Everybody else is a poser.



the only enlightment there is in mushroom or lsd trip is the feeling.

that's it.

feel it... know it... know how to feel it and let others feel it... know how to let others know how to respect it.

that's it.

nothing more.




eating a bunch of acid at a festival with more women than your balls can handle...now that's enlightenment



:lol: yikes!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: akira_akuma]
    #13434652 -

akira_akuma said:
F0SS1L said:
I like to extrapolate as much knowledge/wisdom as possible from my life experiences. With that said, after my first few trips there wasn't much to gain from it besides a good time. Unless of course I go for a heroic dose, but even then the amount of practical wisdom I get out of it that doesn't sound like some inane hippie rambling is going be slim.



why not just learn from yourself? why a heroic dose only?

why do mushrooms at all? :shrug:

because it's fun. (that'd be a good answer, if you knew yourself)



:shrug: To me it's all about seeing life from different state of mind. Experiencing things in a different way can help you approach problems in your life differently.

And this applies to more than just shrooms. Alcohol can act as a social lubricant and help a person come out of their shell. You can then apply those experiences to your every day life and maybe be a bit less reserved.

But you're right in that most of the time we do drugs just for fun. Most people probably don't view drinking as life-changing experience. There's nothing wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with trying to get more out of them either. Sometimes drugs help your problems, sometimes they don't. I think the only point where anyone should criticize another person's drug use is when it becomes destructive.

But back to my first point, and to address your questions, we're always learning from ourselves. We learn about ourselves through life experiences. Tripping is just another experience and not everyone is looking for answers. But as I said, I like to get the most out of what I do. At this point I've explored that world pretty extensively so my reasoning for a heroic dose would be that there are potentially new things for me to experience. I actually think it's pretty naive to ask a chemical to answer any of your questions- we should definitely be learning from ourselves and not from the drugs. I do think drugs can aid us though.


--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

Edited by F0SS1L (11/04/10 03:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: F0SS1L]
    #13434811 -

well, i completely agree.

new perspectives is the one reason i'd do... acid for example...  :crazy2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: akira_akuma]
    #13434841 -

i use it as a tool of manifestation.

discovered that this summer:thumbup:

anything you could ever want in the entire world is all at your fingertips. instead of looking so close, perhaps you should unfocus?


--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: akira_akuma]
    #13434842 -

I wouldn't try to ever say that there is a "proper" way to use and experience entheogens.

I treat it the same way I treat religion.
Unless you're in my face, preaching about it, I'm going to keep my opinions to my damn self.

If somebody likes to take tons of LSD or mushrooms at a party, and just act silly and have fun, then more power to them. :thumbup:


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Silversoul]
    #13434848 -

I think that certain people have a duty to be sanctimonious about psychedelics - legitimate shamans, for example. If you serve as a spiritual guide to a large number of people then it helps keep the group dynamic in line to sound like you know what the fuck you're talking about and to be able to tell people they are wrong about something.

On the other hand, if you make and smoke DMT in your parents' basement, as is the case for what I'm guessing is the majority of this forum, then yeah, just admit that you do it for fun and we can all move on.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13434857 -

Oh my god, we're posting in a thread that is four years old. :facepalm:


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #13434860 -

FUCK!


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13434881 -

Tchan why did you opt out?
A veteran like you should have been able to counter act any rating rape the OTD inflicted by now.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #13434962 -

I didn't have any ratings rape happen at all, I just noticed that my ratings hung in the back of my mind and influenced me for every post I made, and I decided I didn't like that, so I opted out. :shrug: Honestly I already feel like I'm more open and comfortable in my posts and less inclined to filter what I say, or to go on long ranting soapbox-tangents on subjects that do not really apply to me, without the ratings being a conscious factor.

It's not like I try to be an authority around here anyway. For any given subject involving mushrooms or psychedelics, you could name dozens of Shroomery members who know more than I do. My perfect-5 rating didn't really say anything about me except that people around here thought my posts were cool, and I'm secure enough in that not to need a badge saying so.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13434989 -

Cool. Glad to see someone opted out for a good reason for once. :thumbup:

You make me almost want to opt out as well.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #13435003 -

Go for it man! I don't know if everyone has the same relationship with their ratings that I did, but in my experience it's WAY easier to just be myself in my posts after opting out. Unless you're very well-trained in some discipline or study or another and want to be taken seriously when you share your special knowledge, you really don't have much to lose by opting out of general ratings.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Silversoul]
    #21139680 -

well i think it depends. if it's just trippin shit man it's all your opinion. but if it's drug information that's a different story. like drug information is supposed to be highly professional because of the taboo of the content.


--------------------
Wake up! and bake! Repeat or die! I will put this acid in my eye! silly as a silly bee, now it's my ears and nose that can see! hurdurdurdur Hurdeedee! Hippy crack hippidee! Cough cough cough! sip sip sip, DXM just landed me on a trip! Ho ho ho! hay hay hay! have a nice trip! enjoy your day!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: justsayknow]
    #21139690 -

the only user that I have seen exhibit that attitude on a regular basis is probably bill oreilly

I don't dislike him, just saying that he seems to come across that way sometimes


--------------------
:leaf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: ipraytomushrooms]
    #21139694 -

8yrs old.

then 4yrs old.

now 2min old.



:thumbup: thread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I'm really sick of the "trippin balls" attitude
( 1 2 3 4 all )
freddurgan 6,679 71 06/28/11 06:55 AM
by Altered States
* AHAHAHAHAHAHa, I have a non-chalant attitude towards drugs!!!!! sui 1,203 17 04/09/07 11:23 PM
by GoaM
* Do your friends get sick of you talking about psychedelics/drugs?
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 6,907 45 01/10/07 01:09 AM
by CantiSama
* We trippers must make a stand
( 1 2 all )
indica 3,823 24 02/20/07 12:57 AM
by ck10n3
* day tripper or night tripper?
( 1 2 all )
psilibros05 3,054 23 02/09/05 05:29 PM
by notapillow
* Monkeys love the Tripper's FAQ! Monkeys is Funny! RoseM 1,002 8 09/02/04 09:35 AM
by Rose
* Tripper's FAQ Open House: You're invited. RoseM 568 2 10/08/04 10:59 PM
by Rose
* 'bad attitude' DoctorJ 1,878 17 05/13/06 04:57 PM
by wrestler_az

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,380 topic views. 1 members, 26 guests and 110 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.