Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude
    #5303476 -

Seriously, tripping balls is fun.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Silversoul]
    #5303479 -

amen brother


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Silversoul] * 1
    #5303483 -

Only utterly dedicated psychonauts who endlessly chase some obscure and nebulous "enlightenment" and read Carlos Castenada have the right to "trip balls". Everybody else is a poser.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Silversoul]
    #5303489 -

no. people should have to eat at least 5 grams for every trip, talk in elf gibberish, and make pretentious claims about the nature of the universe while they are coming down.

it's the only way the world will see how valuable psychedelics are!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5303491 -

I smoke a DMT/crack mixture before I hit da clubs.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #5303502 -

JonnyOnTheSpot said:
no. people should have to eat at least 5 grams for every trip, talk in elf gibberish, and make pretentious claims about the nature of the universe while they are coming down.

it's the only way the world will see how valuable psychedelics are!



McKenna and Hoffman would be proud.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5303505 -

sadhdasaterm zfxvgnja dryhaserd hyaertjn artzjm


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: TheDude]
    #5303516 -

TheDude said:
sadhdasaterm zfxvgnja dryhaserd hyaertjn artzjm



Speak it brother! Only us enlightened trippers can "see the light". I understood everything you just said.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5303519 -

:levitate:


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Silversoul] * 1
    #5303555 -

Some people choose to take an intelligent approach to psychedelics. The more you know and understand about the world around you, the more elightened you're trips will be.

Who do you think is going to get the most out of psychedelics, your average 15 year old who worries daily about science homework, zits and whether sally in algebra class would like to go out for hotdogs after friday nights game or not, or a quantum physicist who is deeply involved with furthing of human knowledge?

Say what you will, but just because someone says they had an experience of operating in higher dimensions or that they were seeing pretty lights and the emimen poster on the wall begin to breath, doesn't constitute are holier than thou attitude. It's just a higher intelligent attitude.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Edited by McKennaDMT (02/15/06 03:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5303608 -

letting go, having fun and "tripping balls" can be just as rewarding as picking apart your brain on some sort of psudo-spiritual quest. i personally seek both from time to time, depending on my mood. sometimes i feel like a nut.... :crazy2:


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: wrestler_az]
    #5303628 -

i go into a trip usually with a very whatever type attitude. most of the time, due to dosage and surroundings, i end up losing my shit and having 'fun' isn't on the top of my lists, or even something i'm capable of doing, but that's just how i like it.


i hate all 'holier than thou' attitudes. all of them. it goes way beyond drugs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5303634 -

McKennaDMT said:
Say what you will, but just because someone says they had an experience of operating in higher dimensions or that they were seeing pretty lights and the emimen poster on the wall begin to breath, doesn't constitute are holier than thou attitude. It's just a higher intelligent attitude.



No, but giving it more legitimacy than fun tripping certainly qualifies as "holier than thou." Don't get me wrong...I've had some great spiritual trips, but they usually happen when I'm not really trying for one. BTW, I think the 15-year-old in your example could benefit much more from tripping than the quantum physicist. Hell, he might even have a trip that inspires him to become a quantum physicist. The guy who's already a quantum physicist has already figured out plenty without the help of psychedelics.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Silversoul]
    #5303639 -

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Silversoul]
    #5303650 -

Or maybe he's a quantum phsicist because he did psychedelics?  :cool:

I'm pretty lax on this whole subject actually.  Do what thou will, as long as you leave me to do what I will.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Silversoul]
    #5303674 -

you can't beat tripping balls  :thumbup:



--------------------
buh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5303677 -

i find that the only times i've been hit by a wave of what i'd call enlightenment was when i wasn't trying for it at all. it just happened randomly. i don't think you can force it, and if you do force it and "it" happens, it may just be you seeing what you want to see.

so i say let it happen naturally when it will and try to have some fun in the meantime, cuz you'll always get something meaningful out of tripping eventually no matter who you are or what your mind set is. I've known superficial wiggers who worship tupac who have had life changing trips. they weren't trying to have life changing trips of course.  :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5303678 -

thats the attitude :thumbup:

why should i give a fuck about your tripping  intentions? hah, i dont! :grin:


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5303680 -

EXACTLY!!

"Trip and let trip." That's my motto.


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm really sick of the "holier than thou" tripper attitude [Re: Silversoul]
    #5303723 -

I like tripping balls. I might have random revelations, but I like to trip balls and have fun rather than ponder shit for hours. That's for the comedown

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I'm really sick of the "trippin balls" attitude
( 1 2 3 4 all )
freddurgan 6,679 71 06/28/11 06:55 AM
by Altered States
* AHAHAHAHAHAHa, I have a non-chalant attitude towards drugs!!!!! sui 1,203 17 04/09/07 11:23 PM
by GoaM
* Do your friends get sick of you talking about psychedelics/drugs?
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 6,907 45 01/10/07 01:09 AM
by CantiSama
* We trippers must make a stand
( 1 2 all )
indica 3,823 24 02/20/07 12:57 AM
by ck10n3
* day tripper or night tripper?
( 1 2 all )
psilibros05 3,054 23 02/09/05 05:29 PM
by notapillow
* Monkeys love the Tripper's FAQ! Monkeys is Funny! RoseM 1,002 8 09/02/04 09:35 AM
by Rose
* Tripper's FAQ Open House: You're invited. RoseM 568 2 10/08/04 10:59 PM
by Rose
* 'bad attitude' DoctorJ 1,878 17 05/13/06 04:57 PM
by wrestler_az

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,380 topic views. 2 members, 43 guests and 68 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.