Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletuna
Stranger

Loc: california, bay area
nutrients
    #2108765 - 11/15/03 09:46 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

which nutrients in brf do mushrooms thrive from? i am thinking there must be a way to concentrate these nutrients, and make a "super substrate". my plan would be to either mix other products that are higher in certain nutrients, and maybe even use vitamins and minerals from dietary suppliments. worth a shot?

--------------------
i do not do anything illegal. (other than j-walking) everything i say i am doing or have done is a lie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: nutrients [Re: tuna]
    #2108805 - 11/15/03 10:22 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Why do you belive the the concentrated nutrients would be better for mycelium?

Invisibletuna
Stranger

Re: nutrients [Re: Anno]
    #2108812 - 11/15/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i just think that the more nutrients per square inch, the better. i figure that the mycelium doesn't use absolutley everything from the brf, so why not narrow it down a little. bigger, stronger shrooms will hopefully be the result.

--------------------
i do not do anything illegal. (other than j-walking) everything i say i am doing or have done is a lie.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #2108839 - 11/15/03 10:43 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If you want bigger mushrooms, use more substrate.
Not more concentrated, but simply more.

Invisibletuna
Stranger

Re: nutrients [Re: Anno]
    #2108844 - 11/15/03 10:46 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

well, thats perfect then. i will try the puerto method.

--------------------

OfflineLoveForGrowth
    #2109188 - 11/15/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yeah tuna! there is no creative thinking in these forums, stick to all of us in the box, ask anno..
heheh

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
Re: nutrients [Re: LoveForGrowth]
    #2109337 - 11/15/03 03:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Some people have enriched the water that they mix with the BRF / Verm with dextrose, some have used water boiled with dog food. If you found a good agar recipie, made that, but didnt' add a solidifying agent, you'd have a liquid that supports mycelial growth. If you used that liquid in your BRF / Verm jars, you'd be adding more nutrients.

Now, will it actually help? I'm not sure. I don't think that the potency and/or size in mushrooms comes from more grain or less grain, I think it depends on the TYPE of substrate. The way I see it, their are a few ways that adding nutrients could help you.I'll list what I can think of and tell you what I think of each.

1) Faster colonization - "If their are more nutrients for the mycelia to consume, it'll grow faster". I don't think that is how it works. A spawn ratio, on bulk substrates, at a 1:7 ratio still colonizes in a week. I think the biggest thing is actually getting the spores to germinate and begin forming as mycelia. If you could determine a specific additive that would do this, and make the spores germinate as soon as they were injected, rather than taking a few days (4-5) you would save that many days. Just adding more rice or liquid nutrients? I don't think will do it.

2) Larger fruits. With more nutrients, one would think that the fruits would be bigger. I can't personally vouch for this either, but I think that we'd be talking about such a small amount of nutrients, it wouldn't matter. Of the possibilities, I'd think this would be the most likely one.

3) More potent fruits. My opinion in the "potency" question is that mushrooms grown on dung-based substrates have the highest ratio of tryptamines per gram of all substrate materials. If you were to add some "poop soup" to your jars, that would certaintly get some of the dung nutrients into your jars. Put a few big handfuls of dung or dung-based compost into a large pot of water. Heat gently for 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour and filter. Keep the solid matter for making more poop soup, and use the resulting liquid in your jars.

Of the methods that I've listed, I'd suggest the poup soup addition over the rest. Your moisture levels should remain about the same and you would be adding a nutrient-set that is known to produce larger, more potent shrooms.

Good luck, keep us posted.

--------------------
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags