Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBoomerZ
old hand
Re: What's wrong with this casing? (pic)
    #21066 - 06/19/00 05:13 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW...looks like contamination. Could be wrong..looks like verlay too.
Sorry man. Maybe try and salvage some mycelium and put in dextrose water...(see my post> "Successfull new mycelium tek" or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: What's wrong with this casing? (pic) [Re: BoomerZ]
    #21068 - 06/19/00 05:40 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

any SOUR smell = your odds are high its a contam

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
    #21069 - 06/19/00 09:38 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

looks like cobweb to me. scrape off the casing layer, spray with h2o2, and recase. cobweb's really hard to recover from, but it can be done. just spray everything down with h2o2 real well.

Link

------------------
How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of good will.
-Albert Einstein

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #21070 - 06/20/00 05:33 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I'd put that outside b4 it contams everything else. Cover it tightly and slowly with seran wrap first. Bummer. Still take extra steps to clean up the surrounding area, peroxide water spray for nearby casings, bleach spray/lysol outside terrerium. Sorry, looks like cobweb to me too.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

VisitThe Donkey!-just behave

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#21071 - 06/20/00 04:30 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Today we decided to throw the whole shit out. We cleaned the plastic containers that we use as terrarium with 70% ethanol.
We immediatly prepared new spawn jars to start the process over (see my other post, ("this is how we do it") for pictures..

------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
- Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order