Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Offlineusulpsychonaut
Male

Loc: Northland, New Zealand. Flag
Re: I am completely normal. [Re: Icelander]
    #21012427 - 12/22/14 02:31 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Fair enough.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: I am completely normal. [Re: usulpsychonaut] * 1
    #21012468 - 12/22/14 02:40 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I try to be equal in my dislike of the species.  Males and Females and if I make some exceptions it's on a case by case basis.  I woke up one day to the realization that there is no or almost no black and white issues in life.  Most men seem like asshats to me however there are notable exceptions.  Most women seem like asshats to me however there are notable exceptions.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (12/22/14 06:50 PM)

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Male

#21012700 - 12/22/14 03:32 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I have learned that every word I utter, every behavior I express, every opinion I espouse will be taken as offensive, sexist or predatory.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: I am completely normal. [Re: usulpsychonaut] * 1
    #21013675 - 12/22/14 06:50 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

nonsense.  You have an inflation issue to deal with.  I've agreed with many of your posts in the past.  But play the martyr if that suits you. :hissyfit:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: I am completely normal. [Re: Icelander] * 1
    #21014625 - 12/22/14 10:32 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Most men seem like asshats to me however there are notable exceptions.  Most women seem like asshats to me however there are notable exceptions.

That, IMO, is the crux of what we're looking at here.

In other words, I think we're layered. We all, IMO, have a kind and innocent child deep within. That child is invariably fucked up, how badly so depending upon [mostly early] surroundings, and as such the layer to be defensive and a complete asshole (absolutely necessary for survival of course) is born.

The difference between the asshats and the notable exceptions that Ice mentions above seems to be the desire of the individual and to delve back through that asshole layer and find the kind child within. Conducive surroundings and a heap of suffering a pre-requisite I suspect.

Perhaps I'm over simplifying, perhaps I'm completely wrong. But stating any group of people as 'bad' in general is really missing the point of being human IMO.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Edited by Jokeshopbeard (12/22/14 10:43 PM)

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: I am completely normal. [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #21014925 - 12/22/14 11:29 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I tend to use the 50/50 rule. Within any group of people 50% will be asshats. I don't know how accurate it is but it keeps me on my toes. Trust no one.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free."
~Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: I am completely normal. [Re: Rahz]
    #21015014 - 12/22/14 11:51 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
I tend to use the 50/50 rule. Within any group of people 50% will be asshats. I don't know how accurate it is but it keeps me on my toes. Trust no one.

Wow, I wish I was that optimistic. Perhaps it's due to the corner of the world where I have spent the formative years of my adult life, but I would put that number, IME, at more like 80/20. perhaps less...

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleDisoRDeR
motional
 User Gallery

Loc: nonsensistan
Re: I am completely normal. [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #21015129 - 12/23/14 12:24 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

If we whittle down the grouping to a pair of people, one of whom is I, we could remind ourselves that much of interaction is asshattery.

That might keep us on our toes and looking in the mirror.

InvisibleLakefingers
Re: I am completely normal. *DELETED* [Re: DisoRDeR] * 1
    #21015192 - 12/23/14 12:46 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: No reason.

InvisibleDisoRDeR
motional
 User Gallery

Loc: nonsensistan
Re: I am completely normal. [Re: Lakefingers] * 2
    #21015265 - 12/23/14 01:24 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

That was my point as well -- the transient fluctuations of mind, albeit reigned in somewhat by habit, and the foolishness of passing judgement. "Judge not lest ye be an asshat."

And, lest we forget, asshattery must be measured against the (shifting) culture of the perceiver.

I find it particularly silly when someone digs out a quote, a sentence comprising seconds, perhaps hours of a reflection, and extrapolates to a lifetime. Look, this is what that person believed!

Similarly, someone vents some anger in your direction. 'He's an asshole!'

There is some legitimacy in extrapolating trends of thought and behaviour, and some may be too committed to their cycles to break out of them before falling apart, but it's all so imprecise.

Casually acquired models of personhood generally lag (suck) from the perspective of those who strive for better, and perhaps that is the cause of the cause of the cause of this manifold asshattery.

But, just a note -- glancing back at Rahz's post I see he said people will be asshats within a group  which could imply a transient state of asshattery in the moment with no presumption of past or future states.

(I still don't know what an asshat is, but it sure is fun to type)

Whew -- it's late and I'm tired and rambling now. This has been an unusually wordy evening at the shroomery.  Goodnight.

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Male

Re: I am completely normal. [Re: Rahz]
    #21015526 - 12/23/14 05:10 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

It applies equally to girls having no or poor father figures. Daddy issues. The reality on the ground is different than what the media might suggest. The media is playing groups against each other and since society is patriarchal the promotion of misandry is a good way to work that angle. Despite your perception women in general don't fare well in today's society.

Women have been caring for their own for a long time now. Men not at all, so the media does not represent men at all. Equality would mean representation for both genders. I say misogyny is good because women call male representation misogyny. No need to take my misogyny personally. I now believe that 99% of men are not a part of the patriarchy and do not receive any 'privileges'. The Patriarchy sacrifices/disposes of men. Wasting the potential of generations of people with free time by just running them down all the time. Oh you are a quite one? here have these pills to make you grind your teeth in your sleep and live on this unemployment benefit.

I do not claim that women fare well in today's society. I am on their side. They want to be strong and independent. So be independent, make your own way, there were enough laws passed to bring equality years ago, there has surely got to be a point where women just need to step up and be brilliant. Marrying men, controlling them and then cashing in on these relationships does not seem very brilliant. This behavior may be brilliant but certainly should not be put up with. If these women are strong, then change the fucking gender roles already and ditch all tradition, be independent of the justice system.

As for male spaces, male discussion, male validity independent of female approval, don't take this misogyny personally. I'm not going to be offended by woman's misandry, but misogyny and misandry are just attitudes, letting off steam, flapping my arms at the moon, nothing that requires legal supervision or consequences or offense. No need for police, courtrooms, petitions, public media wizard burnings or ruined careers.

>>Perhaps this system is using woman's struggles as just one more tool to eliminate freedom once and for all. :thumbup:

Quote:

Quote:

The problem I see with the female dominant situation that we have now, is that soon there will be no men left to sustain individual freedom. Chinese and Islamic subjugation for all because resistance offends people. When roles get reversed the men get screwed every time, women cannot stand being the family bread winner, they always despise the home husband. How is the absence of men looking out for men a moral high ground? How could any man be an alpha if every man must submit to suspect culture? How come no one gives a shit that genital mutilation of males is still legal in all the 'free' nations.

Yes, the fabric of traditional society is falling apart. This is partly a technological breakdown, but also part of a multi century process. The empire is falling apart as they always do, just on a larger scale than ever. If you look at the history of Europe and the Near East there are general upward and downward social trends based on the rise and fall of empires. I'm not sure there was ever a golden age though, rather we get the refined cultures of the elite and middle class, while the poor wage slaves live as they always have. Absent and mentally ill parents transmit their sins to the sons and daughters and lives of subsistence generates too much anxiety to support refined behavior. There's an ebb and flow to it but humanity is always wretched to some degree.

I have been second guessing myself today, seemed to have faltered along the lines of there is nothing to concern myself with beyond the world that I can see. But that is the attitude of my inner life. The word is a sword, it is for cutting, slashing, hacking and ripping. There is another simple message. HeForHe. The patriarchy/The Matrix is bad for everyone. Don't take each others racism seriously, don't trust any traditions, don't dispose of ourselves, ridicule the the The Matrix endlessly, bend their words to fit your own purposes, use bad words as good words and ZZrips satanic occult oppressors lose control. 

Quote:

no one is convincing me that the patriarchy was based on oppression of women

Not necessarily oppression, control. Women are traditionally at the bottom of their respective pyramid. They need a man to be respectable and the man is head of the household. Control.

Intelligent women with higher than average attention for thought go to the extent of supporting women's rights but declaring their opposition to feminism because of the hardcore clinging (DA) to the original femtext that declares for all eternity, that feminism is based on opposition to the patriarchy, which is based on the oppression of men. This problem is coming from gender studies classes and media, from the top down, from the patriarchy. This is an unthinking menace. All that social media and no cutting, slashing, hacking and ripping, in other words questioning everything, challenging the damned program.

Edited by usulpsychonaut (12/23/14 05:17 AM)

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Male

#21015572 - 12/23/14 05:57 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I lost the plot for a while here.

Rape is good too. Rape is no longer violence. Rape is every aspect of normal heterosexual intercourse. The tax payers are providing consent guidance videos that list all normal acts of fucking or love making as rape, even when it is consensual. Rape is love making. Fucking is rape. Now, what is violent forced sex? It's rape too.

As far as I can tell, these ideas really are being enforced by education authorities, coming to a school near you? I should be mentally ill. But it is comedy.

When the soldiers come home they get thrown in jail. Over 90% of rapes in the USA happen in jails. Its no longer a crime. Serve your country, get thrown in jail and raped. Dissonance. Don't serve your country.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds