Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerepemon
journeyman
Mushrooms make me feel complete
    #2677434 - 05/14/04 12:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Always when I do mushrooms I get this feeling that "now I am complete again, now I have all the tools I need". I feel like I am capable of doing anything (not physically but more like spiritually) but I also get these nice vibrations and quidance of the shrooms to physical level also when I dance or do marshal arts also.

I have noticed that I dont get nearly any bad vibes from mushrooms. The only ones I get are, when I am in a group of sober people who dont know I have taken mushrooms. As soon as they know, it's gone again.

Also, I dont think my love for shrooms (and LSD for that matter...) could be cathegorized as addiction. It is just that everytime I do them, I feel like "this is the real me again (or actually: this is the real human again, because when I peak, I dont feel like I am the person anymore, it is like my ego vanishes somehow)".

And now to the realization part.
LSD always leaves me with a huge urge to do more the next day, because you are left with so much more possibilities to do, or so many questions to be answered.
With shrooms I feel like I have to come up with the questions by myself. I for example worked this out a bit when studying psychology in my mind and invented a cure for bulimia :smile:
Shrooms are also like "there are no more questions, you just make them up yourselve".

I wonder if this all relates to my very first shroom trip. I think I had some kindof egoloss experience, because I remember lying calmly on bed, and not remembering anything, and it felt so, relieving not to know anything. Little by little I started to look for familiar things about my surroundings and linked them to my state and it felt like I started to build up personality. Before this egoloss state (that I believe it was) I realized one thing with my friend (his 1st time also) that I will remember though I dont know if to believe:

Me: "What is so different in tripping mind state anyways?"
Friend: "I dont know, nothing?"

Me: "Could be, yeah it should be, I feel like I could do the same things that I can when I am sober"
Friend: "But why arent there any real stories about trips outside ones personal experiences? It is always stated as "I felt" "I believed" "I am sure" "I was left in doubt".

Me: "There really is nothing here that isnt there already, you just have to realize it".

The next thing I remember is me lying on the bed.

If anyone has any directions that I should try, or questions to think on my next trip, please tell me. It is like I dont benefit anymore from tripping, it is like I have all the tools already. :blush:

--------------------
- When the time stops, evil ones will be pointed out for all to see.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Mushrooms make me feel complete [Re: repemon]
    #2677501 - 05/14/04 12:50 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I think I've experienced something similar during my first mushroom trip, I remember coming down with my friend, and we couldn't believe what we were experiencing is illegal.  It was such a beautiful state of mind!! Even with all the terrible things happening in the world, we realized there is no point in being cynical, depressed, or angry about them because it's just a waste of your life energy. It's better if you use that energy affecting everything and everyone around you in a positive way. I also proclaimed that if I never fully came down, it would be perfectly fine with me. This headspace that I was in felt surprisingly 'sober' yet full of this vitality. Everything and nothing mattered, it was pure joy and love. Eventually, I did come down but the mushroom forever left it's imprint on me. From time to time I have outbursts of complete euphoria, whether during a song I hear, or a tree I look at, or hearing a person talk, sometimes this rush of amazement fills me up and makes me experience again how amazing life really is.  :mushroom2: :thumbup: :grin: :thumbup: :mushroom2:

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2677511 - 05/14/04 12:53 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

this is jsut the way I did things from my many trips from shrooms. I am by no way saying this is what everyone, including yourself, should ask yourself or learn. on that note...I do have a couple of things I have notice...

1) what are you left with when you are tripping? have you ever gotten to the point where you didn't know who you were? ever tripped before and not remember a major portion of it? Have you ever gotten scared off of them? like you felt "you" were going away.

if you ever get to the point where you lose your ego, if you can notice with what you are left with. even though your personality is gone YOU are still here. your awareness, that which is your true nature, is the only thing you'll be left with. From here you can then ask the questions...if I am not my personlity, if my ego is what I "think" I am, then what am I really? you are pure awareness, take that from the shroom trip and then apply it to your life now. you may soon realize that if you are not your go, and jsut pure awareness, then your ego can relax in certain situations.

2) look at the space around you, and how you feel about that space. you can feel good one minute, and scared the next. this can hint that it's not the external reality that "makes" you have your feelings...it is your mind and ego. this reality can be experienced in any way you want to experience. it jsut depends on your internal programming. what you think is the way life "should" work for you. you may realize it then that it isn't the people or the situations around you that MAKE you feel this way, it is only you. when people know you are on shrooms, and you "feel" bad vibes...that's your ego. as soon as you tell them you're tripping...you feel better because "they know" it's all about how you feel and what you agree and disagree with, it's an ego game that you play with yourself.

3) try as little as possible to talk when you are shrooming, it's hard enough to form cognitive sentences as it is. shut your mind up, even as it tries to scan away at what's going on...look at the ever moving patterns!!!! and the patterns within patterns. train your head to be clear of the thousand mile per hour chattering that goes on in your head and just accept everything for what it is. feel the awe that mushrooms can bring when you are under their trance. ocney ou do that, you will start to know what true silence is. to me, silence is the best form of sound.

4) the giggles!!! as soon as you may start shutting up your head, you may start to develop the giggles!! I notice when I start laughing like that, it's for one of a couple of reasons. one is because for some reason life is hilarious, people are funny in and of themselves, or you may not be laughing at anything at all. now this is jsut an opinion of mine...but I feel humans should be laughing more than half the time they are awake, shrooms jsut get you to that high of a level as a way to show us how we COULD be acting, but alas, our egos get in the way of that mindframe half of the time.

5) go to nature!!! listen to the water running, look at the trees. I felt like this eart was heaven...and that is also hell, your choice in what you want it to be.

as far as tools go, I don't think we can ever stop learning; or ever stoip having enough tools. The more tools the better.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Mushrooms make me feel complete [Re: kaiowas]
    #2678063 - 05/14/04 03:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

nice post! I especially agree with 5, that this could either be your heaven or hell, it's up to you how you interpret your trip, and how you give meaning to evertyhing. This was something I realized with salvia, sure I've heard this sort of thing before but it takes on a totally different meaning when you actually experience and realize it.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2678176 - 05/14/04 03:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

the giggles!!!

Be careful though - one can get carried away. One non-tripping friend (who did NOT know) said "Keep that up and they will take you away in a straight-jacket". I had to stifle. I had merely asked her what she thought of a composition that I worked hard on and she replied, "You have no musical talent whatsoever." Instead of being miffed, it hit me as the funniest thing ever. I could not stop rolling. Don't even know why.

On another occasion, I was playing racquetball in a full-on trip (36 grams fresh). At first, I was majorly confused with thousands of balls strobing around and the sound pinging endlessly off the walls. Then I got in the "zone". I was envisioning my shots before I hit them and was executing them near-perfectly. My opponent (who did not know that I was tripping - I have several dense friends - heh!) was getting totally frustrated with my luck. "That was un-fucking-believeable!" he exclaimed. I bust a gut and had tears running down my face. "What in God's name is so fucking funny?" he yelled. That put me over the edge. I was a veritable mirth factory. As my shots became more amazing and he became more frustrated, the laughter factor elevated into the stratosphere. I had to stop several times to calm down and catch my breath. I had a hard time looking at my friend as he was just like a Picasso painting; one eye in his forehead and one down by his mouth.

The giggles are the best (nothing like marijuana giggles which I haven't got in decades. :frown:).

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Mushrooms make me feel complete [Re: Swami]
    #2678198 - 05/14/04 03:43 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:

"You have no musical talent whatsoever."

:rotfl:

lol

what always gets me in the mood with the giggles is when I or someone I'm tripping with lets out a huge fart!!! 

now that's funny, high or not!  :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#2678669 - 05/14/04 05:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

great post kaiowas!  :thumbup:

good description of the ego game you play with yourself

on my last trip a week ago, level 1 solo trip, i tried to focus on the sound of silence that i heard was so amazing. i went in a dark room and listened to pink floyd for the first hour, i was in complete awe of the beauty of the music, i looked litterally like this:  :shocked:  , i thought i was experiencing the most beautiful thing ever., and after that i took my headphones off.

but silence wasn't silence, it was music! i heard the wind that u often hear on floyd's albums (even though it was beautiful outside),  and then just random sounds were, like, 'made up' by my brain, and these sounds would echo in my head to create beats, and they'd all turn out to form the same kind of music of floyd, like some sounds would strangely fade out to leave room to some other sounds.

has anyone ever experienced this?

at the time i was certain that i encountered the muse of pink floyd, and that, to create their music, they would just take shrooms, take a recorder and talk about what they were hearing

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Mushrooms make me feel complete [Re: exclusive58]
    #2679462 - 05/14/04 08:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I think that anyone who has taken psychedelics and listened to Pink Floyd, comes to love Pink Floyd. I saw them once in concert in NJ perform Dark Side of the Moon, and I remember seeing a movie where they played at Stonehenge. So, a few years ago, I went to Stonehenge and listened to a CD player of Pink Floyd for the duration. They've been companions of mine since about 1971.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2679550 - 05/14/04 08:37 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

A really Real trip makes one aware of the Eternal Present (or, The Eternal Now, as theologian Paul Tillich put it, or The Power of Now as modern mystic Eckhart Tolle put it, or BE HERE NOW as the Lama Foundation put it). The Eternal Present is also the Eternal Presence [of GOD] as far as many of us are concerned, and that sense of 'familiarity' which is also the sense of 'completeness' of which you speak is like the Islamic idea that 'GOD is closer to you than your own jugular vein.'
My Lady and I treat the Sacred Mushroom Experience along Sacramental lines. We too feel that completion, that wholeness [holiness]. I feel more at home in my body than at any other time as well. I stand more solidly, more physically balanced, and move more fluidly. It is not merely subjective - my Lady sees it and comments on it. At the same time that I feel more physically present, my Center 'opens' into Infinity. Cosmic Consciousness is the rule during these Occasions.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd, Salvia

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology