Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: JohnnieYen] * 1
    #20998207 -

Good thing your wife ended the marriage


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: Patlal] * 2
    #20998224 -

Patlal said:
Good thing your wife ended the marriage



Now that can't be an appropriate comment ever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: shLong]
    #20998226 -

Nice setup... I'm sure you know, but if live feeding mice, you need to supervise.
Buddy had a snake royally (no pun intended for those who get it) fucked up by a unsupervised rat in the tank.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: shLong]
    #20998332 -

Kind of a dick comment Patlal...

I won't be feeding lives, warmed up frozen/thawed. I will dangle them and get her to strike. I can't wait!


--------------------
[center

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #20998362 -

It's gonna be a bloodbath!!!

100% Relevant video


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #20998375 -

JohnnieYen said:
Kind of a dick comment Patlal...

I won't be feeding lives, warmed up frozen/thawed. I will dangle them and get her to strike. I can't wait!



I've noticed Canadians get extra :shitbird: this time of year must be the 10 day drink fest they call boxing day.


Apparently all patlal wants for Christmas is a ban :hammer:


How did you decide on a snake op I'm just curious?


--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #20998379 -

JohnnieYen said:
So my 8 year old daughter has been wanting a snake for a few months now. All she talks about is snake this and snake that. My wife didn't want one in the house for whatever reason.

So anyway, wife decided to end the marriage and moved out a week ago. so guess who gets a snake now!

I got a 3 year old female ball python with a 90 gallon glass enclosure. heating pad, heat light, 2 hides and some fake greenery for 80$ off craigslist.

haven't fed her yet, waiting til sunday. I don't get the kids back til wednesday so i figured its a good time to feed so my daughter isn't picking up the snake while it digests it food.

I know there are a few ball python owners here. What bedding do you recommend? The last guy used coco coir, but I'm leaning toward shredded newspaper. Any thoughts?



I HIGHLY recommend you use fabric bedding, get a few strips that fit your tank perfectly. When its time to change the cage you simply take out the bedding and replace it with your second one then put the dirty one through a wash. Its fast and easy and my ball python loves it. I got my fabric bedding from a local pet shop.

I recommend feeding live and getting over that fact. It is better for the snake, live rats have more vitamins than frozen AND it far less gross to put a live rat in a cage with your snake then it is to thaw out a frozen carcass in warm water for 60 minutes every 10 days or so. You dont have to watch the snake kill the mouse if you dont want to but you will have to monitor the dead thawing carcass. Just make the snake happy and feed live all the time.

Also, do not feed mice as the main food source. I buy mice for my ball maybe 3-4 times a year as a treat.
Mice are like candy for pythons!! They will develop a preference for mice if you feed them mice too often and since mice do not get big enough to make them a feasible food source for an adult python you really want to stick to rats, which get plenty big enough.
If you stick with mice your python may start refusing rats and then youll be feeding your adult 10 mice every feeding just to make sure she ate enough. Always feed rats and not mice!

Lastly, if it is monetarily feasible for you then invest in some humidity control, pythons like humidity and need it to breathe properly. A lot of the time you can get away with ambient room humidity but if youre python is wheezing while she breathes then she needs more humidity!!! You will literally hear a wheeze, that means the air is too dry for her!!


Welcome to your new life with a snake!! They are fucking amazing pets! Very docile, curious, and smart creatures! My 3 year old ball has never once even half tried to bite me, they are excellent mannered snakes.


--------------------
You’ve Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven’t You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: shLong]
    #20998380 -

shLong said:
It's gonna be a bloodbath!!!

100% Relevant video





LOL LMAO I quoted this video in another thread not a week ago :lol:


--------------------
You’ve Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven’t You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #20998415 -


OP you can see the fabric bedding in this picture. Its sort of like pressed felt. Its cut to fit exactly into my tank. I have an old beach towel I lay on the glass and then the nice dessert coloured felt bedding on top of that. On cleaning day I take out the beach towel and bedding and run it through my washing machine by itself, and replace with a new towel and felt bedding. I have 2 sets so I can change it in a pinch if need be, Ill never go back to paper/coir/or anything else. Fabric just looks so good, is so easy to clean, and lasts a lifetime.


--------------------
You’ve Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven’t You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #20998433 -

JohnnieYen said:
Kind of a dick comment Patlal...

I won't be feeding lives, warmed up frozen/thawed. I will dangle them and get her to strike. I can't wait!



Sorry dude.

You didn't seem to make a big deal about the marriage ending, I just assumed it was mutual.

Plus, your daughter go ta snake out of it.

It was funny in my head...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: Patlal]
    #20998529 -

My daughter has been wanting a pet of her own for a while now. She has loved snakes for a while now and has held them multiple times in her 8 years. I did some research and talked to pet shops and held a few adult pythons. They were so passive and easy to care for I thought it would be a great first pet.

Zombi - I will look into felt for sure, seems so easy to clean. Might try the paper route first though.

Patlal - I made a thread in Ladies night to try to get some clarity about the marriage. It was not mutual. She felt the relationship had run its course and was not willing to work on the marriage. Bottom line is she went nuts on spirituality and did ayahuasca 5 times in 4 months. Figured the universe would provide for her and left the marriage without any stable income. Her family is devastated and confused.
We are still friends and help each other out with the kids. I can't take her back after this so its time to move on.

She didn't want a snake in the house. wife moves out, snake moves in.


--------------------
[center

Edited by JohnnieYen (12/19/14 11:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #20998553 -

Your snake and your daughter are both adorable!  Have you named the snake/do you plan on naming it? 

Only advice I can think of is to feed it in a separate chamber from the one it lives in.  That'll keep the food smell out of its living space, making it less likely to mistake your hand for food & bite you when you go to pick it up or clean the tank. 

Have fun; snakes are great pets!

:sunny:


--------------------
ShiVersblood said:
shut ur fucking mouth. before a penis is are be enters

LordSenate said:
Cheese poop... Who gives a fuck gotta eat lots of cheese.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: sun_spots]
    #20998585 -

Thanks spots,

She named her "buddy" after thinking of sharptooth and cleo.

ive heard both feed separate and feed in tank. I plan on using feeding tongs or forceps and the tank is really big.
If i'm feeding separate would you use a big rubbermaid? I don't really want to buy a separate tank if I'm only feeding 10-14 days apart. Tail is a bit fat so the snake might be slightly overweight already.


--------------------
[center

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #20998614 -

Shouldve named it Lord Voldemort.  :snub:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #20998668 -

We feed our guy in the bathtub.  Just sanitize it before using it for humans again and you're golden.  I usually just spray diluted vinegar on it and rinse with hot water from the shower, but you could probably use Lysol or something too.


--------------------
ShiVersblood said:
shut ur fucking mouth. before a penis is are be enters

LordSenate said:
Cheese poop... Who gives a fuck gotta eat lots of cheese.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: sun_spots]
    #20998684 -

Oh thats a great idea. How long til you pick the snake back up and put back into its enclosure?


--------------------
[center

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #20998698 -

Depends on your snake, but ours will yawn when he's done eating.  Basically they're ready to be picked up when they've fully finished eating and start moving around a bit.  Yawning is a pretty good indicator that the food's all the way down.


--------------------
ShiVersblood said:
shut ur fucking mouth. before a penis is are be enters

LordSenate said:
Cheese poop... Who gives a fuck gotta eat lots of cheese.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: sun_spots]
    #20998729 -

Good advice on the separate feeding area.. I also used a bathtub.
The Ball was always fine. The Burmese was a whole different story.
Albino missile. Fiesty SOB

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: shLong]
    #21000346 -

I know it isnt recommended but I exclusively feed my python in her enclosure.

the reason for not doing this is they can get used to feeding in their enclosure and may be more likely to snap at you confusing your hand for food if theyre hungry.

BUT, if your snake is never going hungry it will likely never snap at you. They are EXCELLENT mannered snakes. If you feed once every 7-10 days and stay away from power feeding and inconsistent schedules then you wont have any trouble.

:shrug:

Maybe I shouldnt be saying this ...
But my python gets fed in her enclosure once every 7-10 days and has NEVER tried to bite me EVER because she is never that hungry.

Take that with a grain of salt, but it seems like more work and more agitation to me to be physically moving your python to and from a bathtub every feeding.


--------------------
You’ve Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven’t You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got my daughter a ball python for Christmas [Re: Zombi3]
    #21000357 -

You're a good dad, snake's are chill AF. Until they eat you.


--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21330463

I'm looking for prints PM me

Edited by TrIpPyDuDe (12/19/14 07:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I am thinking of buying a Ball Python or a Corn snake
( 1 2 3 all )
quarkyquasar 6,795 46 10/25/04 06:40 PM
by Kinderfeld
* My Python .... JettaJay 1,262 9 12/29/04 02:53 PM
by JettaJay
* My daughter is so awsome.
( 1 2 3 all )
mntlfngrs 5,872 45 06/26/10 06:32 PM
by BothHands
* Call that humiliation?( By Terry Jones of Monty Python ) Psilocybeingzz 791 3 04/05/07 04:30 AM
by Wysefool
* Python Eats Family Dog Mickalopagus 1,093 6 02/28/08 07:09 PM
by TryptoFan
* Black Christmas mystery 1,103 12 12/18/06 11:14 AM
by DNKYD
* Merry Christmas
( 1 2 3 all )
chinadoll 4,432 40 12/25/05 10:10 PM
by chinadoll
* Python Eats Gator, Explodes (Seriously Hysterical) KungFu_Shaman 2,275 19 10/06/05 03:37 PM
by Mushie_Man

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,350 topic views. 4 members, 12 guests and 292 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.049 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.