Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
evelution..bah!
    #2082654 - 11/07/03 11:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

mabey its' jsut me..but when i think about eveloution, i think aliens, advanced tech stuff, space ships, time travle..balh blah..
but ok..i see more and mroe people now adays striving twards a simpler life, medetation, to focus on the 'now' and nothign else, to be perfectly content, with as little around you as possible, because you only need yourself, and your friends for a good life..
and dont' we all agree that the more 'advance' we get, the harder life gets, sure it's easy to toast our bread in the oven, but a toster is so much faster..yet it almost always burns the toast..
mabey evelution is not becomming more advanced but learning to live life to the fullest, with as little as possible..or somethign like that?
just a little thought.
:smile:

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: evelution..bah! [Re: soylent_green]
    #2082680 - 11/07/03 11:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think technology slows or even halts evolution.

And then we may replace evolution with technological evolution. Maybe it's just as good. Maybe.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblealakona
I threw my slippers at the beast
Female User Gallery

Loc: ville.
    #2082815 - 11/07/03 11:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

When I think nof evolution, I think about the magnificant steps we have taken to become the beings we are today. Nature is truly a wonderful thing.

And I agree with the statement that technology slows or even halts evolution: It is no wonder that in the recent years (and by recent i mean hundreds) that we have become more technologically advanced we have slowed our evolutionary process.

--------------------
making you want to be a better person since 2008. 

TrippinTeddy said:
sometimes when I'm raping a bitch, I like to tickle her ribs and under neath her arms, and I say "loosen up bitch, lets have fun now because if I have to kill your squirming ass, only one of us will be having fun, and you can't have a party all by yourself can you?" Then its usually all laughs and good times from there.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: evelution..bah! [Re: alakona]
    #2082927 - 11/08/03 01:00 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Naw, tech changes evolution but as a byproduct of humans it is part of nature and psrt of evolution. Embrace it.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
Re: evelution..bah! [Re: alakona]
    #2082931 - 11/08/03 01:02 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i think the creation of technology is evolution in action. Our technology will allow us to evolve at a far more rapid pace then natural evolution if we let it. Though making a distinction between natural and technical evolution may be a mistake to begin with, we got to this capability naturally how does it suddenly become unnatural? Most of life's woes are not a result of technology or a lack of technology, they stem from ingnorances of many kinds. Ignorances of consequences or ingnorance of the fact it is better in the long run to face the truth then to pander to our desires. In fact it is desire which is the root of all suffering, and our inability to let go of a desire when we don't get what we want, or when its taking to long to get what we want, or we arent sure we will ever get what we want. Its our inability to just be, that hurts us the most.
Sincerely,
That which is, and has no choice but to be

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: evelution..bah! [Re: ZenGecko]
    #2082950 - 11/08/03 01:12 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think technology is what will allow us the next leap in elolution.
check out http://www.extropy.org/ . Embrace technology.

--------------------

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: evelution..bah! [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2082999 - 11/08/03 01:53 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Dude if your toast is getting burnt, turn down the heat!

--------------------

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: evelution..bah! [Re: chunder]
    #2083156 - 11/08/03 04:29 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Technology rocks and is ever increasing.

www.newscientist.com

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: evelution..bah! [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #2083163 - 11/08/03 04:34 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

thanks, already got it.

--------------------

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: evelution..bah! [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2083385 - 11/08/03 07:40 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

" I think technology slows or even halts evolution"

Technology is Evolution, just think how our technology is evolving at an ever faster amazing rate. Technology is just an extension of the human mind. Eventualy technology and the vasts amount of information it brings and new communities it has brought together may be the saviour of the human race.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: evelution..bah! [Re: EvilGir]
    #2083736 - 11/08/03 11:15 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think technology is part of evolution, Too bad that the image that we are heading to is not pretty, since technology gets al the work done, kids today dont get enough sun or physical activities and its becoming the norm. So pretty soon our bodies will take a weaker form as our brains become the only muscle in use.

--------------------

InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
Re: evelution..bah! [Re: trendal]
    #2083826 - 11/08/03 11:42 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Technology has probably put a damper on our physical evolution, since we can now adapt our environment to fit our bodies, instead of vice versa.

However, our mental evolution is taking off on a new revolution with the help of technology. A generation of kids is growing up who can just google it whenever they have a question about anything. They'll go into adulthood with a head start, already having the specialized knowlegde they need about whatever they're interested in.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: evelution..bah! [Re: MarioNett]
    #2084216 - 11/08/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I have a few preliminary ideas about the effect of growing up using computers for a large portion of time and the effect it has on a growing consciousness.

There appears to be a marked difference in the thought process of computer-literate people and computer-illiterate people.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: evelution..bah! [Re: trendal]
    #2084220 - 11/08/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"I think technology slows or even halts evolution.

And then we may replace evolution with technological evolution. Maybe it's just as good. Maybe."

heh when I read the first part I was going to say something like "no technology just kind of absorbs evolution.." but then you basically said that right after.

I think technological evolution IS better because we at least have the illusion that we're writing our own rules with technology. Technological evolution should continue as long as we survive, and could get so advanced that eventually it would be hard to tell what was biology and what was technology; hard to tell what was naturally evolving and what was technologically evolving. Mankind is in for quite a ride due to his invention of "The Tool." (rofl no not just the band..)

Pandora's Box = First "Tool"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2084993 - 11/08/03 07:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I wish people would stop looking at Evolution as something that dictates Truth.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag