Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelobster989
Do you like the taste of mushrooms?
    #2033484 - 10/22/03 05:57 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I had my first trip on sunday, and I was preparing myself for the nastiest of the nasty when eating the mushrooms. Every post I've read talked about how bad they tasted, with a minority saying they weren't so bad. A friend of mine told me he didn't mind the taste. He described them as tasting like the store bought ones, except they were old and dirty.

Long story short, I didn't mind the taste. As my friend said, they tasted like old, dried, regular store bought mushrooms. So I'm confused about the taste issue. Do different strains taste different? Maybe those who don't like the taste don't really like edible mushrooms in the first place?

What's your take on this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWizzang
Deviant

Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: lobster989]
    #2033577 - 10/22/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The taste isn't exactly gourmet, but it really isn't so bad. I like the taste of store bought mushrooms however.
Dry, smell like old shoes, taste like nothing until rehydrated; then they're nasty, texture isn't bad, like bark or little pieces of wood. Fresh smell good, taste ok, but the texture is horrible, especially the cap.

--------------------
I was once a man I used to know
He changed into a man I have been
And became the man I am today

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: Wizzang]
    #2033678 - 10/22/03 07:02 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I don't get it either. I was prepared to vomit prior to dosing, but I couldn't taste it at all. I cut mine up and put it on a fruit rollup, wrapped it up, and ate it that way. It was good. Fresh shrooms taste exactly like store bought ones.

I guess maybe b/c dried shrooms smell like old feet, people think it tastes that way.

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: StrongBad]
    #2033748 - 10/22/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Everyone says that but I can't really smell mushrooms. Well slightly but they hardly smell good/bad.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlineboredboy
The Reverend DoyBuh

Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: SixCee]
    #2033842 - 10/22/03 07:51 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I like the taste. kinda reminds me of sunflower seeds

--------------------

Happy on the pull of the past
Just before the future comes
Hoping for the rush of some experience
That could elevate me

Up above the daily hum
-The Flaming Lips

Offline5553
Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: boredboy]
    #2034005 - 10/22/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I found that in the beggining i didnt mind mushrooms at all, but now i cant stand the taste of them. disgusts me. also note i have done shrooms over 100 times in the last 2 years

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2034009 - 10/22/03 08:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

After awhile you'll hate the taste. At first I didn't mind it. After a few years of tripping you dread dosing.

--------------------

OfflineHowardo
Male User Gallery

Loc: No left turn unstoned
Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: Zahid]
    #2034197 - 10/22/03 09:43 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

they taste like shit ass. i only put them in pills now.

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: Howardo]
    #2034203 - 10/22/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

My first time I ever ate em I didn't mind the taste at all.....now it just seems to get worse every time I eat em :grin:

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflineHowardo
Male User Gallery

Loc: No left turn unstoned
Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: Harbinger]
    #2034218 - 10/22/03 09:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

that's what they all say

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: Howardo]
    #2034363 - 10/22/03 10:28 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I still dont mind the taste of shrooms that much. Of course I would'nt eat the damn things if they didnt make me trip. I'm more than willing to put 5 minutes of that nasty taste in my mouth for a priceless expierience. And yes different species do have different tastes. When I was looking for the best Cubie to cultivate, people kept telling me that all Cubies have basically the same potency level, just look for one that tastes the best for you.

Offlinemoana123
Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: orizon]
    #2034578 - 10/22/03 11:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i would have to agree with most of you...every time i dosed the taste got worse and worse..to where the smell of them makes me gag..sucks...but i see what orizon is saying haha..i wouldent eat the little buggers if they didnt make me trip..:)
*narie*

OfflineMothershabooboo
Stranger

Loc: australia
Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: moana123]
    #2034596 - 10/22/03 11:43 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Fresh ones i have no issues with at all. No real taste at all just kinda like eating crunchy water. Dried ones don't really taste much either but its like eating a mouthful of dirt :tongue: yuck. Mushrooms that have been kept in honey are pretty good though..

OfflineSphynx
Trip Apprentice

Loc: The deepest recesses of h...
    #2034620 - 10/22/03 11:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I do not mind the taste of mushrooms at all.  At first, because everyone told me they tasted bad, they did.  But at this point, I kind of enjoy the taste and really enjoy the fact that they will give me so much in return.  So, in short, I do not mind the taste and actually enjoy it.  I also really dig the smell of shrooms.  Note that I have only eaten dried shrooms, so I can't comment on the fresh.

I have heard (dont remember where from) that the reason shrooms begin to taste worse is that it is your body's natural response.  Psilocybin is classified as a poison, so your body tries to defend itself by making shrooms taste worse.  If you didn't know what they would do to you, you wouldn't eat them because they taste bad.  That is why every time you eat them they are worse - your body is telling you in not so subtle ways not to eat them.  Fortunately we know better  :crazy2: 

--------------------
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
Hunter S. Thompson

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: Sphynx]
    #2034911 - 10/23/03 01:17 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

sphynx's second paragraph makes a good point; i would like to add to it my own experience.

i noticed that the first time i ate shrooms (had never tripped mushrooms before, only acid, which doesn't taste at all), i ate them raw with a little drop of honey. i ate 3.6g dry and since my body/mind had no previous notion of them being a "poison," the taste was not bad (granted it wasn't great, but i happily chewed them and held the caps in my mouth until they dissolved).

now that i have eaten shrooms many times, i no longer enjoy the taste whatsoever. my body/mind knows exactly what is going to happen, and trust me it recognises that unique flavor, any day of the week. although i want to trip and always enjoy the trip, my body involuntarily cringes at the taste; this is most likely because it has built up a bad association with regard to that flavor.

nowadays i have just been grinding them up and put them on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. i am curious to try eating them straight again to see my reaction to them.

peace.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #2034950 - 10/23/03 01:33 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The last two posts here make alot of sense to me regarding your body trying to defend itself. Whenever I'm about to take some MDMA/MDA I feel kinda nautious before I even swallow the pill and sometimes gag as I swallow it even though it dosn't really have any taste if you don't chew it or whatever. After I swallow it I have no problems of nausea and never have puked on MDMA/MDA. Recently the same thing has happened with encapuslated research chemicals. My body seems to scream noooo!!! right before I take any psychedelics. I personally have never been able to eat enough shrooms to trip, infact I have never eaten a whole mushroom, and I have tripped many many times. I have never tried to eat dried ones though, I live where shrooms are very abundant, and always have fresh ones. I just make a tea now.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: Wizzang]
    #2035503 - 10/23/03 08:12 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I never liked the texture of rehydrated shrooms, always taste like rubber to me. Not that I have tasted rubber, but the texture is like eating slugs of rehydrated shrooms like in egg flower soup.

Anyway, I put yup with the taste of the shrooms, preferring fresh to dried. Just do not let the shrooms hit your tongue onthe top of your mouth and they will not taste so bad.

Milkshakes and smoothies the shroom mixture have a almond taste tot hem when mixed with icecreme and milk. Of course the high is very fast and the duration is shorter in action when taken with liquids. You lose much of the high but when eaten fresh the high can run four to six hours.

Dr. Andrew WEil likes the taste of fresh Cubensis in omelettes. He eaven wrote a paper on that very subject of omeleets nack whuile at harvard or just out of Harvard.

It is part of the experience.
mj

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2037027 - 10/23/03 05:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I like the taste of Pan Cyans :smile:....

Yummy!

(ps. Mj you cant use milk products with magic mushrooms :P. It blocks the effects.)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #2037372 - 10/23/03 06:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I have used Nestles Chocolate milk in pint containers for thirty years when shrooming. i have shroomed around 15 times a year and i have never had a problem getting off ont he chocolate milk witht he shrooms, I have already recommend that people consume them w3ith a pint of chocolate milk. The cholate the Aztecs used was bitter at that time in History when the Spanish arrived in Nueva Espa?a. The shrooms were served at Moctezuma's coronation to visiting dignitaries with honey and/or chocolate.

From the Florentine Codex:
Book nine describes a feast for visiting merchants and traders. At this feast we find that the merchants have been served teonan?catl.
Quote:

"At the very first, mushrooms were served. They [the merchants] only drank chocolate during the night. They also ate mushrooms in honey. When the inebriation started they danced and wept. Many though of and saw horrible monsters and things."

It never mentions what liquid the chocolate was in, water, the milk of four legged ruminants, etc.

mj

Offlinehamsters
newB. =[
Re: Do you like the taste of mushrooms? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2038472 - 10/23/03 11:22 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Bacteria and fungi, yum!

--------------------
                ----------
<-Yes.:cool:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale