Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Music as Art: Jazz, Avant-Garde, Sound Art, Leftfield Hip Hop... The Underbelly of music [Re: akira_akuma]
    #19034279 -

Yeah that song rocks, it's from their first album, the title means Dub for the memory of a dead hooker :smile: I recommend all of their 3 albums, great stuff!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Music as Art: Jazz, Avant-Garde, Sound Art, Leftfield Hip Hop... The Underbelly of music [Re: SetTheControls]
    #19034297 -

lol Dead Hooker Dub, wow :rofl2: now there's a concept. great stuff, indeed. :lol: i like that Black Metal can be so serious, and at the same time, so not serious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Music as Art: Jazz, Avant-Garde, Sound Art, Leftfield Hip Hop... The Underbelly of music [Re: SetTheControls]
    #19052026 -

I love this shit man! I've been looking for something that throws a dark spin on psychedelic rock. I really enjoy the kraut rock element too. Thank you for showing me sir.

Now for something softer.



Suuns



Well I don't really know  if you'll like this but it I think it does some really interesting stuff with black metal.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Music as Art: Jazz, Avant-Garde, Sound Art, Leftfield Hip Hop... The Underbelly of music [Re: BluePixieWaves]
    #19053962 -

Alter of Plagues is an awesome black metal band. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Music as Art: Jazz, Avant-Garde, Sound Art, Leftfield Hip Hop... The Underbelly of music [Re: akira_akuma]
    #19054144 -

:yesnod: Yes!! I like how they blend so many elements together. I hear so many post rock influences.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Music as Art: Jazz, Avant-Garde, Sound Art, Leftfield Hip Hop... The Underbelly of music [Re: BluePixieWaves]
    #19054159 -

yeah, i find that's a new kinda "trend", i suppose, in Black Metal. Post-Rock mixed with BM is also in bands like Solefald



or Krallice



uber intense BM :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Music as Art: Jazz, Avant-Garde, Sound Art, Leftfield Hip Hop... The Underbelly of music [Re: BluePixieWaves]
    #19062471 -

Glad you liked it :smile: Suuns definetly sounded interesting,  I'll look for more!

I'm really not a Black metal guy, but that genre has definetly inspired some great music. Here's one BM influenced band from Norway that has a completely original sound

Ved Buens Ende - Written In Waters



Their only full lenght album on youtube, the opening track alone should prove their awesomeness! :smile:

The singer/drummer also sings and plays guitar in Virus, if you like the dissonant guitars of Ved Buens Ende you should check this out!





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Music as Art: Jazz, Avant-Garde, Sound Art, Leftfield Hip Hop... The Underbelly of music [Re: SetTheControls]
    #19258396 -

I've heard that Ved Buens Ende track before and I really like it, but I still have yet to delve into them any further. I've been meaning to do so for awhile.

I really enjoyed the beginning of the second virus track, I'm not big on the vocals though. They might grow on me. The instrumentation is stellar though.

I'm not going to let this thread die, so here's some music.

Keith Hudson


White Suns


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Music as Art: Jazz, Avant-Garde, Sound Art, Leftfield Hip Hop... The Underbelly of music [Re: BluePixieWaves]
    #19259208 -

did i post this already?



i don't think i did.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Music as Art: Jazz, Avant-Garde, Sound Art, Leftfield Hip Hop... The Underbelly of music [Re: BluePixieWaves]
    #19268919 -

BluePixieWaves said:
Keith Hudson




Hahah, wow that was dirty! Let's see if there's more good stuff like this where this came from :smile:

Bluepixiewaves, I really recommend giving Ved Buens Ende a spin, it has been one of my all time favourite records for years now. Somehow it still manages to sound strange and distant.. It took me some time to really "get it" but it was worth it! :smile: Virus is pure gold too, I agree with on about the instrumentation, those riffs are insane! I personally love the vocals, check out this cover of The Walker Brothers' Shutout! And one more song with an incredible riff, The Road


It's winter once again, that means Bohren & Der Club of Gore for me, I already posted this on some other thread, but it's more fitting here. Slow, dark jazz in the spirit of Twin Peaks.



Akira, haha that show was in my hometown last year, I was seeing some other bands that night and decided to see Adam Rudolph although I've never heard his stuff before. I'll give it a refreshing spin! :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Music as Art: Jazz, Avant-Garde, Sound Art, Leftfield Hip Hop... The Underbelly of music [Re: SetTheControls]
    #19269168 -

:fonda: awesome, duder.

in the mean time whatever yer doin, check this out.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Music as Art: Jazz, Avant-Garde, Sound Art, Leftfield Hip Hop... The Underbelly of music [Re: akira_akuma]
    #20311304 -

Resurrection because this thread died prematurely.



Don't ban me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Music as Art: Jazz, Avant-Garde, Sound Art, Leftfield Hip Hop... The Underbelly of music [Re: BluePixieWaves]
    #20312126 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Avant-Garde Metal
( 1 2 3 4 ... 21 22 )
AlteredAgain 61,201 424 06/09/19 04:34 PM
by 5150
* Avant Garde/Noise/Ambience anyone???
( 1 2 3 all )
reconciliation 3,660 43 11/08/24 10:42 PM
by ricyjo
* Music, Art, and Capitalism Ped 1,543 6 05/28/05 07:16 PM
by Anisotropic
* Music, art and literature! Moonshoe 1,166 4 09/17/04 10:48 PM
by Todcasil
* Important Music, Art, and Literature Links
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Blastrid 40,963 64 12/05/11 12:22 AM
by Another Rube
* Some other Music, Art, Lit BBS's? Blastrid 1,285 7 10/27/03 06:59 PM
by Blastrid
* Free music art and animation programs Psilocybeingzz 679 1 05/16/04 11:57 PM
by Psilocybeingzz
* Psychedelic Arts Fair 3/23/02 Carrboro, NC templeball 1,802 3 03/13/02 05:36 AM
by JonnyOnTheSpot

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
3,351 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.