Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Buckets of Joy (Cubes and Copes from Southeast Asia) - Pics
    #2000797 - 10/11/03 05:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Okay, here are a few of the many daily collections of shrooms I collected in a few months in Thailand and Viet-Nam.

The Cambodia collection was the sole new species so i am not posting any of those here at this time, just about 11 days of the two months of dauily collecting.

First some buckets of Cubes. Much more healthier than a BUCKET OF KENTUCKY FRIED.

and now for some Cope collections.

by the way, these are going out in the morning hot sun for about two hours at a time. that is all you can do in a rice paddie or hot climate such as where I was. So I cold have collected enormous amounts if I had gone back each day a few hours later. I also had to contend with monsoons which I got caught in several while attempting to collect shrooms and you do not knwo what rain is really all about until you are in a monsoon. I was 9 degrees north of the Equator on Koh Samui.

Here are the Copes.

mjshroomer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2000810 - 10/11/03 05:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: Buckets of Joy (Cubes and Copes from Southeast Asia) - P [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2000834 - 10/11/03 05:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If only you could walk through U.S Custom's "Nothing to Declare" exit and get away with it MJ you'de be set up for life the amount you've found and contributed to this forum from Asia :smile:

Compete with Monsoons to get those???  Gives a whole new meaning to the "Koh Samui" strain lol

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: Buckets of Joy (Cubes and Copes from Southeast Asia) - Pics [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2000954 - 10/11/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

could somebody please post a description of copes, they look verry similar to the mushrooms growing here in cow pattys in central texas.

--------------------

OfflineNationofStrangers
Beeeeyah!!!!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Austin TX
Re: Buckets of Joy (Cubes and Copes from Southeast Asia) - Pics [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2001141 - 10/11/03 08:17 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

*crackling sound*
welcome to Thiland Dryed Fungus

ya id like a bucket of those uh ya how bout a 6 gram cope dish and a coupple of those cubensis choclates

What would you like to drink?

ahh a medium Dr. Mush

Thank you that would be $7.46 please pull up to teh first window

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Buckets of Joy (Cubes and Copes from Southeast Asia) - Pics [Re: NationofStrangers]
    #2001297 - 10/11/03 10:06 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

dreamer: the information you are asking for is conveniently located in the mushroom hunting section of the FAQ. to clear things up a bit, copes refers to Coplandia species such as Coplandia [Panaeolus] cyanescens. if you have found mushrooms looking like these in Tx and they exibit a blueing reaction where the flesh is bruised then it is likely you have found copes. if so, please post a description of your find [in it's own thread] in the mushrooms hunting forum.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Buckets of Joy (Cubes and Copes from Southeast Asia) - Pics [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2001937 - 10/12/03 04:54 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

This first image shows in five minutes the intense bluing from squeezing the stem while picking. this was done to show the bluing reaction caused by damage to the ste, from human handling:

and from GGreatOne234 we have a beautiful collection from Florida of Copelandia cyanescens with bluuing in them

The real secret is to collect thiss mushroom by lightly lifting it from the manure without causing oxidation to the stem and to keep it from bluing as much as possible. this shroom loses over fifty percent of its potency in most collectoions due to improper handling and drying for later preservation of the collection.

See in the image below from Suphanburi, Thailand, a few hours north of Bangkok, there is little bluing in this collecion from 2002.
They ae to be handled very carefully and not shaken or flung arond while carrying them. this baskets cause little oxidation becasue I carry it like it was a cup of hot tea. I do not let the shrooms in the containers move.

mj

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: Buckets of Joy (Cubes and Copes from Southeast Asia) - P [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2001949 - 10/12/03 05:22 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Now that's dedication :smile:

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Buckets of Joy (Cubes and Copes from Southeast Asia) - P [Re: Xenophobic]
    #2001996 - 10/12/03 06:20 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

oh, and since i made no comment previously on your collection: that is a beautiful pictorial john.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: Buckets of Joy (Cubes and Copes from Southeast Asia) - Pics [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2002770 - 10/12/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

thanx guys, excelent pictures as always MJ

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder