Home | Community | Message Board

Radical Mycology Book by Chthaeus Press
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Koh Samui, June 5, 2005: Agaricus, Cubes, Copes and Goldfish in Coconut Grove
    #4258302 - 06/05/05 02:43 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

In this first image is a coconut grove and some Lamsat trees (unseen here) this grove extends about 1000 meters on the left and right of me. I have come here for five days and m no magic shrooms. just many lbms even I did not identify.

Today I stopped by and a few farmers were polling coconuts and stacking them. This is a place where I can drive around int he coconut grove on my motorcycle and when I see a shroom I stop, take a few pictures and pick them for making spore prints and then I take them to my bungalow and place them in desiccant for herbarium preservation at the University in Bangkok.

What is interesting here is that the ground is very flat and the grass very short and I have come here for about 7 years. Most cubes are growing form soil with manure sunken in. Althogh I always see fresh large Buffalo turds arond the grounds. The intense rain, like the three hour monsoon I am having now has left me p trapped int he computer cafe. So here are todays inamges of some shrooms.

First the grove.

Fist I came acrosss this Agaricus arvensis int he ground. There were many of them scattered throughout the grove. The gills start out a pink color and change to a chocolate brown.

The gills of the Agaricus during a color change:

Well I found the first cube of the day and then the coconut poller pointed out another one to me about thirty feet away. Later when I walked over to photograph it I noticed the Copelandia mushroms in the brush.

the first cubes of the day.

Actually I found a smallone of about half an nch in diameter. two small for a print. Took no pictures of theat one.

This is a different cube than the obne above.

Pulled this fellow from the ground because I was not sure what it was. It is a one inch high pinner.

And now here are the4 copes I found today in the same coconut grove.
Six images and one of them is the size of a half dollar.

First notice the bluish old cope at the bottom right:

A single specimen chewed on by some buggies:

A small last flush colony and observe the big whitish looking shroom int he top of imae. IT is actually more of a straw-yellowish coloration

I then laid the shroom on my knee and this is n more of the correct color of the cap with slight blue-green tinges to it:

and finally one last lone specimen inthe ground.

See the goldfish in the arts and media forum.

mj

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
Re: Koh Samui, June 5, 2005: Agaricus, Cubes, Copes and Goldfish in Coconut Grove [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4258505 - 06/05/05 03:42 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

nice pics... btw wut camera do u use (i remember u saying before but i cant remember wut kind u said)

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Koh Samui, June 5, 2005: Agaricus, Cubes, Copes and Goldfish in Coconut Grove [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #4258810 - 06/05/05 06:47 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Nikon Cool-Pix 4300 4 m4gabyte.

have a shroomy day. Will post the goldfish tomorrow int he arts foirum.

mj

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Koh Samui, June 5, 2005: Agaricus, Cubes, Copes and Goldfish in Coconut Grove [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4259166 - 06/05/05 10:37 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

yessuh, that's sweet eyecandy :crazy2:
Thanks for sharing, as always.

:peace:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery
Loc: lazy river road
Re: Koh Samui, June 5, 2005: Agaricus, Cubes, Copes and Goldfish in Coconut Grove [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4259924 - 06/05/05 03:01 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

What are u gonna do with all the pickings when u return home, u cant take them on a plane right?

--------------------
"Truth is more in the process than in the result."
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4259926 - 06/05/05 03:01 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

good story, thanks

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification